Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-08, 10:44 AM   #1
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Basstrix Alternative..closest I've seen

need an alternative to basstrix? These hollow bodied bad boys just came out in January and I picked some up at an outdoor expo last week...they are unbelievably soft and compared to the basstrix they are very similar, except for the slight vertical fin above the paddletail...can't wait to see how it looks in the water...oh and did I mention..$6.99 A PACK!

http://www.reactionstrike.com/
Old 02-13-08, 10:05 PM   #2
weaverml34
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Berkley is supposed to be coming out with something similiar that's supposed to be the cat's meow. Their hoping that it makes some noise at the Classic and then it's supposed to be in stores within a week or two.
weaverml34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-08, 12:06 PM   #3
BassAddict

Here is Berkely's version. Looks pretty sweet. I will be trying these this season!

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descp...BERK-BPHB.html
BassAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-08, 06:16 PM   #4
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Surprise, surprise, Berkley ripping off another company and not coming up with anything original on their own.
At $9.95 for 3 I'll go with the Lucky Strike swim baits, 5 for $7.99, or the Fishbelly baits, 5 or 6 for $5. Just wait until the market is flooded, which won't take long, and then get the originals for $6.99.

Sorry but I've got a thing against Berkley for eliminating their best baits the 4" and 6" rib worm.
Old 02-14-08, 06:56 PM   #5
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

I guess I didn't catch the hype on these biats...

-Lunk-
Old 02-14-08, 08:05 PM   #6
3dkicker

The new baits came out last year. Basstrix created theirs and some guys did really well with them last spring/summer. Then word got out and Basstrix couldn't keep up with the demand. Now certain people are hording them and are getting over $20 a pack on ebay and then charge $5 for shipping. I know of one who has purchased $12-14K worth over the past couple months and is selling them for $15-25 a pack. He also purchased $400 + worth at the Richmond show so that people couldn't get them for the original asking price of $6.99.
So far the closest thing to the Basstrix are the Strike King Bass Magic although they aren't hollow like the Basstrix.
Old 02-15-08, 04:20 AM   #7
pig n jig

Hey Jason , Rick Quade is one of the nicest people I have ever dealt with , as far as buying off from the internet.Thank you for the info,I will be looking forward trying this newest version this summer. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-08, 11:03 AM   #8
links_man2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
...... So far the closest thing to the Basstrix are the Strike King Bass Magic although they aren't hollow like the Basstrix.
The Bass Magic are made by Luck "E" Strike and they are hollow-bodied swimbaits like the Basstrix. Available from Bass Pro $7.99 for 4 pack of 6.5". Have used the 4.5" and 6.5" a little and they have great action. Biggest problem I have found is getting hooks large enough esp for the 6.5". Finally this week got some of the Lake Fork swimbait hooks in 7/0 and 10/0 with wide gaps. The 10/0 is huge----can serve as a grappling hook if needed.
Old 02-15-08, 11:28 AM   #9
jasonfish320

links, I've got the Luck E strikes too, these reactionstrikes are much softer..not sure how they will hold up...about the Berkley's..they are sold out until April 8th..I ordered 1 of each color (not cheap!) and they are on back order..although Berkley products might get mixed reviews, I really love the gulp line and always have solid catches with a lot of their soft baits.
Old 02-15-08, 03:53 PM   #10
links_man2

Hopefully, Academy will get in some of the Berkleys soon. They got some of the smaller 4.5" Bass Magic's and I ordered some 6.5" from BPS. Just waiting now for it to warm up enough to use them some. What little I have been out, still just dragging a jig---really like the action of the Bass Magic's just hope the bass do.
Old 02-18-08, 07:01 PM   #11
3dkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by links_man2 View Post
The Bass Magic are made by Luck "E" Strike and they are hollow-bodied swimbaits like the Basstrix.
Sorry, didn't realize that they were in fact hollow. Got a bag from a friend last weekend and didn't take them out to play with them. Thought they were solid like the others I have. Got another bag in the other day so I'm set for the spring .
Old 02-19-08, 01:16 PM   #12
MIbasser

Hey guys, I just got an e-mail from a sports shop in Kalamazoo, MI that has the new Berkley's in stock. If you would like their web page send me an e-mail....
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-08, 07:50 PM   #13
adamgambill

Quote:
Surprise, surprise, Berkley ripping off another company and not coming up with anything original on their own.
At $9.95 for 3 I'll go with the Lucky Strike swim baits, 5 for $7.99, or the Fishbelly baits, 5 or 6 for $5. Just wait until the market is flooded, which won't take long, and then get the originals for $6.99.

Sorry but I've got a thing against Berkley for eliminating their best baits the 4" and 6" rib worm.
You cant just knock that company, they have done a ton for the industry as far as making stuff available.

I wish they would try to make a knock off of the corky (bandl lures) its a bad mofo on trout but you cant buy them anywhere, not even their store.

Not Flamin- just sayin'
Old 02-21-08, 11:01 AM   #14
Texas_Justice85
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Sorry, didn't realize that they were in fact hollow. Got a bag from a friend last weekend and didn't take them out to play with them. Thought they were solid like the others I have. Got another bag in the other day so I'm set for the spring .
Better hurry and get them out. Its pre-spawn in Texas already and I have been tearin them up on it. I bought some at Academy (they have em for 6.99) just because I was curious. I dont ever throw swim baits. I throw it over a stump and swim it over then BOOM! These things are sick.
Old 02-21-08, 02:05 PM   #15
3dkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Justice85 View Post
I throw it over a stump and swim it over then BOOM! These things are sick.
5.5 or 6.5 or does it not matter???
Old 02-21-08, 02:15 PM   #16
Texas_Justice85
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
5.5 or 6.5 or does it not matter???
I was using the 5.5 but it wouldnt matter
Old 02-21-08, 04:06 PM   #17
MIbasser

Just bought the new Berkley swimbaits, $8.99 for three. I only bought two packs but might go and get more. They look great and they (bait store) doesn't expect to get any more for another 6-8 weeks (or longer).
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 05:19 PM   #18
Lilmoosecountry

I don't know who made what first. I'm just not a fan of that design. With every thing looking the same lure wise. Bass will get lock jaw with all that fishing pressure on the same style bait. So i'll stick with thr orignal soft plastic swim bait The SASSY SHAD.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-08, 08:26 AM   #19
Tubeman
BassFishin.Com Member

Here's a couple of baits we produce, ain't no Sassy Shad...but they are catching some big bass.

Check us out at www.bassmagnetlures.com
Tubeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.