Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-07, 12:45 PM   #1
Denny_K
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Wicca

I work with a women on 2nd shift that where's these Wicca symbol earrings and it just got me wondering about her beleifs.I asked her 6 years ago if she practiced that religion and she said yes with a shocked look on her face and replied how did you know? I said your earring,I know what that cymbal means.Ive seen it in Metal videos ect.Anyway I was lookinh it up today and you want to talk STRANGE!!!!!!.Go type in Wicca and look up the meaning at Wikipedia.Tell me what you think,I'm gonna just stick with God...there is only ONE. Good Day Denny
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-07, 01:29 PM   #2
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

The thing about Wicca, Scientology, Heaven's Gate or even Mormonism to an extent is that it looks exactly like some crazy guy decided he was going to invent a religion, and did just that. Anybody who believes in one of those faiths has got to find a way to get around the fact that they are sorta just following something that some dude thought up while on the jon.
Old 10-25-07, 01:31 PM   #3
WTL

For instance, here is some scientology doctrine....

Who is Xenu?

I'm going to tell you a story. Are you sitting comfortably? Right, then I'll begin.

Once upon a time (75 million years ago to be more precise) there was an alien galactic ruler named Xenu. Xenu was in charge of all the planets in this part of the galaxy including our own planet Earth, except in those days it was called Teegeeack.
Now Xenu had a problem. All of the 76 planets he controlled were overpopulated. Each planet had on average 178 billion people. He wanted to get rid of all the overpopulation so he had a plan.
Xenu took over complete control with the help of renegades to defeat the good people and the Loyal Officers. Then with the help of psychiatrists he called in billions of people for income tax inspections where they were instead given injections of alcohol and glycol mixed to paralyse them. Then they were put into space planes that looked exactly like DC8s (except they had rocket motors instead of propellers).

These DC8 space planes then flew to planet Earth where the paralysed people were stacked around the bases of volcanoes in their hundreds of billions. When they had finished stacking them around then H-bombs were lowered into the volcanoes. Xenu then detonated all the H-bombs at the same time and everyone was killed.
The story doesn't end there though. Since everyone has a soul (called a "thetan" in this story) then you have to trick souls into not coming back again. So while the hundreds of billions of souls were being blown around by the nuclear winds he had special electronic traps that caught all the souls in electronic beams (the electronic beams were sticky like fly-paper).
After he had captured all these souls he had them packed into boxes and taken to a few huge cinemas. There all the souls had to spend days watching special 3D motion pictures that told them what life should be like and many confusing things. In this film they were shown false pictures and told they were God, The Devil and Christ. In the story this process is called "implanting".
When the films ended and the souls left the cinema these souls started to stick together because since they had all seen the same film they thought they were the same people. They clustered in groups of a few thousand. Now because there were only a few living bodies left they stayed as clusters and inhabited these bodies.
As for Xenu, the Loyal Officers finally overthrew him and they locked him away in a mountain on one of the planets. He is kept in by a force-field powered by an eternal battery and Xenu is still alive today.
That is the end of the story. And so today everyone is full of these clusters of souls called "body thetans". And if we are to be a free soul then we have to remove all these "body thetans" and pay lots of money to do so. And the only reason people believe in God and Christ was because it was in the film their body thetans saw 75 million years ago.
Well what did you think of that story?
What? You thought it was a stupid story?
Well so do we. However, this story is the core belief in the religion known as Scientology.* If people knew about this story then most people would never get involved in it. This story is told to you when you reach one of their secret levels called OT III. After that you are supposed to telepathically communicate with these body thetans to make them go away. You have to pay a lot of money to get to this level and do this (or you have to work very hard for the organisation on extremely low pay for many years).
We are telling you this story as a warning. If you become involved with Scientology then we would like you to do so with your eyes open and fully aware of the sort of material it contains. Most of the Scientologists who work in their Dianetics* centres and so called "Churches" of Scientology do not know this story since they are not allowed to hear it until they reach the secret "upper" levels of Scientology. It may take them many years before they reach this level if they ever do. The ones who do know it are forced to keep it a secret and not tell it to those people who are joining Scientology.
Old 10-25-07, 03:07 PM   #4
bassthumb32
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

i go by what the bible says and to tell you the truth there arent a whole lot of religions that even follow the bible to an exact t. eveangelical lutheren is the closest to following the bible that i could find but those churches just arent around every corner.
Old 10-25-07, 03:37 PM   #5
flbassman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I like Jesus......All those other guys are morons....and belligerent about it too....
Old 10-25-07, 11:36 PM   #6
Denny_K

Default WWWWWWOOOOOOOoooooooooo

Wow WTL,That was Freakin mind blowing,Yeah Tom Cruise is NutZZZZ,Oh and john Travolta,Good actors but LOCO.Heck the Rev. That married my wife and I drinks beer that tells me that God is cool with Beer.I think it's only a sin to drink if it cause's you to cause harm to others or become violent ect.......you get my point.God wants me to drink Miller Lite and watch the Family Guy ......hehehehe. Denny
Old 10-26-07, 08:38 AM   #7
JB

Denny,
wiccalaserchickbrenda
got word of ya doggin' her, they just found this voodoo doll of you by the laser rofl..stomach hurt yet?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-07, 09:24 AM   #8
1/4 stick

If she looks good I'll wicca with her all night long.
Who am I kidding, I'll wicca with her if she don't look so good. I'm just tickled to be wiccaed!
1/4 stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-07, 10:23 AM   #9
JB

umm,,,shes like a 50 former wanna be body builder with wooden carved false teeth, and raises bees on the side.....go for it dude!
Old 10-26-07, 12:42 PM   #10
Denny_K

Default Lol

AAAAAaaa,That was funny JB,Naw I anin't doggin her she's really nice I just don't understand her Religion.....its a little out there.The Vodoo doll was cool.Today's her last day to smoke she's quieting after today.She'll probably start smoking bark...Hey they worship the Earth for Heaven's sake Barkboro Lights,Coming to a forest near you....lol. Denny
Old 10-26-07, 01:01 PM   #11
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
umm,,,shes like a 50 former wanna be body builder with wooden carved false teeth, and raises bees on the side.....go for it dude!
Once you have a woman with no teeth, ya never go back! hehehe..
Old 10-26-07, 03:45 PM   #12
zooker

1/4 stick thats just WRONG!!!!

funny as hell but WRONG

zooker
Old 10-26-07, 05:30 PM   #13
3dkicker

When Zooker tells you that you're "WRONG!!!!" then it's time to seek some help!

1/4 Stick......"That's funny right there. I don't care who you are."

Anyone catch Larry's commentaries on the radio before the Blue Collar Tour??? I used to listen to him on 98 Rock out of Baltimore. He did his "commentaries" a couple days a week on the morning show for at least a year before the tour.
Old 10-26-07, 09:15 PM   #14
1/4 stick

I get a good one off now and then... A funny that is.
Old 10-26-07, 11:50 PM   #15
ESipes_89

Send a message via MSN to ESipes_89
Exclamation

I'm not going to try to dog on her if she's a good person but WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live literally next door to wiccans (witches) and their up-front personality is really nice but they have come out to be the meanest, cruelest, and most evil people I've ever met. As soon as you get on their good side they turn on you.

I don't know if she will be like this as well, I'm just warning you.

THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!!!!!!!

-Eric

HELP ME!, I LIVE NEXT DOOR TO THE ACLU!!!!!! (that was a joke)
Old 10-27-07, 07:21 AM   #16
JB

to fully understand wicca, please don't click here
Old 10-27-07, 08:38 AM   #17
Bo Dale James Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Thanks Jb now that will be stuck in my head all day...eeek Gh..Astley
Old 10-27-07, 08:46 AM   #18
1/4 stick

yep, yep yep, gonna be in my head for a month. But it beats that darned "didn't mean to turn you on" I been humming since I heard it the other day. The guy at lowes didn't even want to ring me up the other day cause I'd been singing it by the 2x4's.
Old 10-27-07, 01:00 PM   #19
Denny_K

Default GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz

Dang Jb,I can't tell ya how many times I clicked on the X,Yeah I fell for yer booby trap.........good one though.Your right on that though Ive seen another side of her before cause she got into an argument.She has some different views on things....so i walk softly in the discussion department with her.Damn I'm trying to think of what her and I went talking about and I was joking about but she was very serious...........dang!!Can't think of it,Oh I know why Ive had 4 hrs of sleep,I went to a Halloween party last night went to bed at Midnight got up at 4amSSSSSOOOOO Sleepy.Denny
Old 10-27-07, 06:00 PM   #20
pig n jig

Denny, I figured if she was truely weird, she would would have been friends with JB, instead of you ? They anit all that weird, especially since you work in a metal shop.The normal people quit within days here and we are left with really weird people, makes me feel normal . There are different types of Wicca's, I know of some local folks who are wicca. They beleive in healing the body, mind & spirits with herbs and spices and such, not into witch craft, as some rumors that are floating around about them. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-07, 06:16 PM   #21
Denny_K

Default hehe

Yeah,JB can be a twisted lad sometimes.Sometimes working around some of the people in a factory is like being on the set of Lord Of the Rings..........okay I'm kidding.............or am I...hum
Old 10-28-07, 11:53 PM   #22
Bender

Rickrolled!!!! I have not seen that link before. Already emailed it to my friends as some crazy nude site they "need to check out".
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-07, 08:44 PM   #23
thebus71h

Send a message via AIM to thebus71h

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassthumb32 View Post
i go by what the bible says and to tell you the truth there arent a whole lot of religions that even follow the bible to an exact t. eveangelical lutheren is the closest to following the bible that i could find but those churches just arent around every corner.
It's hard to follow the Bible 100% when over time, all the different churches have done nothing but modify it to fit their needs. Proven fact the Catholics (which I am), Christians, Muslim's, and everybody else has modified the Bible. The Bible is supposed to be the word of God, the only problem is it was written after his death, and written by man. So the jist of the story:

Don't let man do a damn thing cause they'll screw it up, or rig it so it fits in their needs and no-one elses.
Billy Rowlee #71h
thebus71h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-07, 05:32 PM   #24
mont_lunker_hunter

Well of course it was written by man, but God just used man as means to record his word. He could have just written in stone like the 10 commandments, but the old testament alone would weight 23,456 tons.

And as far as God being dead...i guess i missed that verse. Could you tell me the book and verse please?
mont_lunker_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-07, 09:21 PM   #25
flbassman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mont_lunker_hunter View Post

And as far as God being dead...i guess i missed that verse. Could you tell me the book and verse please?
It was on the front cover of time a while back.....

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.