Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-12, 01:28 PM   #1
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser
Default Been hearing a lot of bashing

We don't get youtube over here or any kind of news video. What is all the Pres bashing I am hearing about concerning the Union speech? I see people griping on the web, but I have no idea about what. Yeah, I opened it.
Old 01-25-12, 02:18 PM   #2
the pyromaniac
BassFishin.Com Active Member

People are just so blinded by partisan politics that they do whatever FoxNews (or as my wife calls it, FalseNews) or MSNBC tell them. Then they go online and post that same uninformed, propaganda-inspired rhetoric.

Basically, it's just people doing the politicians' jobs for them.
the pyromaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-12, 02:30 PM   #3
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by the pyromaniac
People are so blinded by partisan politics that they support Obama no matter what, and bash Fox News at every turn for being the only news outlet where a Conservative has even a minute chance of hearing something without a slant Lenin would be proud of.
There, I fixed that typo you made.
Old 01-25-12, 02:39 PM   #4
Tavery5

It's almost impossible for humans to not put a slant on information, we are a filter of sorts, we take it in and spit it back out as it was heard and interpreted by us. You can ask 20 different people to bring you something that represents in their mind the color red. How many different shades do you suppose you would get? Now take a long speech and ask people what was said and what does it mean, and you will get allot of different shades of that as well.....
Old 01-25-12, 05:18 PM   #5
the pyromaniac

I'm against both political parties. George Washington said they would be the downfall of this nation, and it looks to me as if he was dead-on!
the pyromaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-12, 08:03 PM   #6
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
There, I fixed that typo you made.
^5 If it wasn't for FOX news we'd all be eatting the same food from the same plate.
Old 01-25-12, 08:29 PM   #7
champman

And this my friends is why I spend as much time on my boat as I possibly can. Just me, the great outdoors, and a few largemouth bass. Everybody's right and everybody's wrong depending on who you ask. The good thing is, that largemouth hasn't a thing to say. AAAAH peace and quite and no worries for a few hours.
champman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-12, 09:45 PM   #8
bamabassman

hahahha, champman.......i like that. and oyu are correct. the fish don't know nor do they care who is president.

bubba, the bashing and mudslinging ain't even STARTED yet man.
Old 01-25-12, 09:48 PM   #9
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

@NFE, have you forgotten Joe Scarborough and Morning Joe on MSNBC, does Fox noise have any alternative programing even close? But I can't argue right now...Rachel Maddow is coming on!

Last edited by Dogmatic; 01-25-12 at 09:59 PM.
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-12, 10:19 PM   #10
nofearengineer

Dog, Joe Scarborough is totally milquetoast. Not Conservative at all. Otherwise, he wouldn't have a job at MSNBC.
Old 01-25-12, 10:53 PM   #11
Dogmatic

So conservative that he was instrumental in throwing out his traitorous leader of the house because he wasn't conservative enough, and raised taxes, the current GOP front runner. But typically, you couldn't come up with an answer bc the closest faux news gets is combs and Juan Williams lol.
NEWT for PRESIDENT!
Old 01-25-12, 11:24 PM   #12
kennethdaysale

I'm definately a conservative and tend to agree with a lot of the commentary I see on Fox. I will admit though that their "fair and balanced" slogan won't hold water. Combs just makes the occaisional appearance as the goofy punching bag. Anyone they bring on from the right is rarely given the chance to finish a sentence. I like a lot of the stuff I see on O'Reilly, but any Dem guest on his show must know going in that they're on enemy territory. Many of their people are referred to as journalist, I can't recall seeing much other than opinion pieces and biased commentary. While I often have the same bias I still don't think "fair and balanced" or "journalist" are the right terms for their agenda. I do watch other cable news shows sometimes just to see if I can possibly fathom what they're thinking or how in the world they can defend their defenseless positions....so far no luck. For example if anyone can intelligently or rationally praise Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid (or even explain them)I would love to hear it.

IMO John Tyler was a better and more effective President than Barack Obama.

Last edited by kennethdaysale; 01-26-12 at 02:21 PM.
kennethdaysale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-12, 04:04 AM   #13
WTL

As a true conservative, I must state clearly that Fox News does more harm to conservative politics than good.

The problem is that any political movement needs to continually challenge itself intellectually. It needs other ideas, people, groups to stay healthy and vital going forward.

Fox has effectively barred other types of conservatism from gaining a foothold. It is the elite's first bulwark, and it harms the entire conservative movement by protecting it from challenges from libertarian and paleo-conservative thought.

It dumbs down the discourse, and we are left worse off because of it.
Old 01-26-12, 08:34 AM   #14
Dogmatic

^^^^^^There's hope yet...Dispite the ridiculous polarization of our politics in Washington...in the real world, most people aren't really so partisan as our politicians, and "news" outlets. Of the six major liabities facing America,(National Debt, Flawed finacial system, Social inequality, Decaying infrastructure, Public ignorance, & Gridlocked politics), it is the woeful ignorance of the public concerning these true issues of our country and the world that is the key stumbling block to fixing the rest of the problems, and that ignorance isn't getting corrected through our currrent educational system or our chosen media outlets.
Old 01-26-12, 09:23 AM   #15
bassboogieman

Quote:
The problem is that any political movement needs to continually challenge itself intellectually
Isn't that, like, an oxymoron or something?

Last edited by bassboogieman; 01-26-12 at 09:54 AM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-12, 09:49 AM   #16
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmatic View Post
^ Of the six major liabities facing America,(National Debt, Flawed finacial system, Social inequality, Decaying infrastructure, Public ignorance, & Gridlocked politics)
You left a couple out.....an effective yet affordable swimbait......a thin, invisible, manageable, strong monofilament with near zero stretch.
Old 01-26-12, 09:53 AM   #17
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
You left a couple out.....an effective yet affordable swimbait......a thin, invisible, manageable, strong monofilament with near zero stretch.
FOCUS, man....FOCUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Isn't that, like, and oxymoron or something?
You ain't wrong....
Old 01-26-12, 09:55 AM   #18
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
protecting it from challenges from libertarian and paleo-conservative thought.

It dumbs down the discourse, and we are left worse off because of it.
I would hope that any view worthy of being included in the "discourse" would have a voice, based solely on its merits......................and hey what about Stossel?
Old 01-26-12, 11:05 AM   #19
Dogmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
I said "America"...not problems that we're concerned about, and are focused on, and I think I'm going with a Copoly. The swimbait, I just accept the fact that Ebay is a good way to go to find "affordable" baits.
Old 01-26-12, 11:58 AM   #20
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
As a true conservative, I must state clearly that Fox News does more harm to conservative politics than good.
I can not disagree with you more strongly. I hate to constantly play the "age card" all the time, but I would wager when Fox News started, you were probably not thinking really politically yet. Thus, you really don't remember a time when there was ZERO Conservative thought on television. Whatever the left wanted to tell us, that's what we got. That's why a liberal could drown a young woman and still become a senator (and presidential candidate!), and yet a hotel burglary could force the most powerful republican in the world to resign from office. At least with Fox, a fair shake can be had.

You may disagree with what you hear on Fox, but it is laughable to say it does more harm than good.
Old 01-26-12, 12:24 PM   #21
Dogmatic

...and now how we can get a "conservative", "values", "outsider" Presidential candidate that has cheated on two wives, taken $ from the mortgage industry as a lobbyist(with his offices on K street in D.C.), and raised taxes? ZERO conservative views...what about Buckley(a real, or "true" conservative), or now George Will?
Old 01-26-12, 01:24 PM   #22
joedog

I always find it funny that it's everyones fault BUT the folks that voted the people in. I'm not smart enough, governments fault for not teaching me. I'm biased, TVs fault for the slant on coverage. national Debt, banks and wallstreets fault not ours for spending and mortgaging anything and everything for as long as someone would let us. I'm not going to go on because Im satisfied with the amount of folks I've already irritated here.
When do we start fixing and stop blaming? I don't care what side your on, until one side actually does something to actually improve our quality of life as opposed to just telling me whats wrong with something the OTHER side did and stopping it, bringing us exactly back to where it started. Politics is no longer about making America better, more like a game with the only true winners are the players themselves (politicians). What happened to taking RESPOSNIBILITY for our own actions and choices.
When you get a flat on your trailer or vehicle on the way fishing, you spend the afternoon trying to blame someone or shrug the resposibility to others, or do you fix the tire and go fishing? If the next outing you get a flat again, do you drive to the Highway Dept. and tell them to take better care of the road or do you maybe try a different route? Why do people take such great joy in knocking folks down. You ever watch boxing...the winner always waits till the opponent recovers some then they meet, congradulate and move on. I have never heard one loser BLAME it on the winner. Maybe if we spent less time BLAMING others and more time HELPING others we'd be closer to progressing.
Me wasting my time trying to help people smile and finding humor in life and stead of focusing on the negative may not seem so silly after all.
Divide and conquer. Is that the real goal of party politics, seems to me it maybe is.
I haven't figured out who to blame for me writing this post....don't tell me I'm stuck blaming myself. Guess politics is OUT then.
Old 01-26-12, 01:52 PM   #23
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmatic View Post
...and now how we can get a "conservative", "values", "outsider" Presidential candidate that has cheated on two wives, taken $ from the mortgage industry as a lobbyist(with his offices on K street in D.C.), and raised taxes? ZERO conservative views...what about Buckley(a real, or "true" conservative), or now George Will?
Dogmatic, the last person qualified to make recommendations on who the Republicans should nominate is a liberal tool.
Old 01-26-12, 01:57 PM   #24
Top Tiger

I saw something interesting the other night on TV.
One of the campaign managers for Ron Paul said that there is only one political party in D.C. but that it has a Republican and a Democratic division.

He said that the Democratic div. believes in
WAR
Taxes
Social Welfare

He said that the GOP div. believes in
WAR
Deficits
Corporate welfare.
Top Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-12, 03:11 PM   #25
Dogmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Dogmatic, the last person qualified to make recommendations on who the Republicans should nominate is a liberal tool.
...but your Masters at Faux News have no problem telling you who you should vote for...and who is the tool? Can you say BAAAAAAH, BAAAAH, BAAAAAH!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.