Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-09, 09:44 AM   #1
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Almost single

The papers are signed but we are now waiting for the judge to sign them. Should be in about 2 to 3 weeks. Things have been somewhat civil. But my soon to be ex-wife is realizing that when she doesn't think (which is quite often) before she speaks or acts and those words or actions affect me, I respond in a matter that will help her think next time. She thinks that I am being petty but I am tired of being walked on.

She has already moved in with her mother and is living in a 14 by 14 ft room with her, her 12 year old daughter, my 2 year old son, and 2 cats. She sleeps on a folding cot while the kids sleep on a single bed. I have moved into an apartment over-looking the swimming pool and pond stocked with blue gill and bass .
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-09, 09:50 AM   #2
flbassman

Good for you man. Glad to hear things are startin to work out ok.
Old 08-18-09, 11:15 AM   #3
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnngolfn View Post
The papers are signed but we are now waiting for the judge to sign them. Should be in about 2 to 3 weeks. Things have been somewhat civil. But my soon to be ex-wife is realizing that when she doesn't think (which is quite often) before she speaks or acts and those words or actions affect me, I respond in a matter that will help her think next time. She thinks that I am being petty but I am tired of being walked on.

She has already moved in with her mother and is living in a 14 by 14 ft room with her, her 12 year old daughter, my 2 year old son, and 2 cats. She sleeps on a folding cot while the kids sleep on a single bed. I have moved into an apartment over-looking the swimming pool and pond stocked with blue gill and bass .
Well, enjoy your superior outcome while it lasts. Women have a special way of winning these things in the long run. Like Bob Mould sang in the Husker Du song..."You're makin' me sorry...sorry somehow.."

Good luck, bruthah!
Old 08-18-09, 11:29 AM   #4
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Well, enjoy your superior outcome while it lasts. Women have a special way of winning these things in the long run. Like Bob Mould sang in the Husker Du song..."You're makin' me sorry...sorry somehow.."

Good luck, bruthah!
yep, very true.

Quote:

Best advise I can give is to forget about what and how the ex is doing and just concentrate on how your kid is doing. And it may sound stupid to some, but if it was me, and her daughter still wanted to have me in her life, I'd make sure it was clear that she was welcome. She's at the age where this could affect her a lot more than she lets on. Just my 2 cents. And I wish you the best of luck man.
Old 08-18-09, 02:26 PM   #5
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post

Good luck, bruthah!

At least at this point though, he's getting the gold mine and she's getting the shaft...or no longer getting it....or something

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.