Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 05-09-10, 06:05 PM   #26
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Looks like I will have to order some now...thanks guys!

Of course they will work. I think most people don't realize what a largemouth bass will eat.

Example - I'm fairly new to the big swimbait deal, and had my reservations about them in the beginning but, just last Thursday, my dad and I went out and I showed him. He about fell over when I pulled out the BBZ1 8" (laughing). I proceeded to tear them up...all from 3 - 6 lbs. Too bad for him I couldn't share, as he didn't have a rod to handle them.

I've been fishing Tora Tubes for about 6 years with good success, and these can't be any bigger than those.
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-10, 08:11 PM   #27
Aggieland
BassFishin.Com Member

I'm glad you mentioned the information about the huge craw caught at Lake Fork. Im headed there this coming week to fish the Legends tourny.. Guess I will give the ol Tiki Lobsters a try.. What would be the best fishing method for this time of year? Texas rig? I ordered some 7/0 monster offset hooks, if i don't Texas rig it I will try and find a 7/0 shaky head before the tourny starts..
Aggieland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 05:58 AM   #28
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The lobster can catch fish, even here in the North East.Your going to find that the 7/0 hook is probably not big enough for consistant hookups through that bulky plastic.I went with a 11/0 owner oversized worm hook.Nothing great about the bait,its a huge chunk of plastic but if you fish it long enough,it will get bit.I was hoping for a bigger fish but the biggest I caught was a 4 lber. Would I buy more ? No !!! Would I take free tiki lobster baits ? No because once you'll spend $6.00 for a hook you will never use on anything else, they aren't free any more.
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-10, 12:10 AM   #29
Aggieland
BassFishin.Com Member

I fished fork this weekend in a 3 day legend tourny and never even through one of my lobsters.. I have like 40 of them in different colors.. I was affraid they wouldent work, I did use one as a jig trailer for a few cast.. Maybe I should have tried them because I never made money..
Old 05-17-10, 11:10 AM   #30
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Throw them, Army. You can not catch bass on them just as well as anything else as my ou homer buddy says
Old 05-17-10, 11:35 PM   #31
Aggieland
BassFishin.Com Member

So you think they would have caught fish just as well as some of the other baits? Im interested in getting my hands on some of the old Mad Man tube craws in 4 or 5 inch versions.. If anyone has any or knows of a store that does let me know.. For some reason I just love the look of craw baits.. thanks fellas.
Old 05-18-10, 12:55 AM   #32
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Take a look at the Yum Crawbug-almost identical to the madman craw tubes.
Old 05-18-10, 06:21 AM   #33
walkeraviator
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I bought some YUM crawbugs once just cuz they looked right... what a lucky buy that was. Texas rig and go to town on rocky or clay banks with scattered cover. My favorite is clay banks with stumps at night...
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-10, 10:18 AM   #34
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggieland View Post
So you think they would have caught fish just as well as some of the other baits? Im interested in getting my hands on some of the old Mad Man tube craws in 4 or 5 inch versions.. If anyone has any or knows of a store that does let me know.. For some reason I just love the look of craw baits.. thanks fellas.
I think I've still got a couple hundred of those Mad Man's. I bought a bunch of them because they did look sweet - but they fished terrible. Always had to counter weight them because if you didn't, they'd just spin and land upside down.
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 06:19 PM   #35
Aggieland
BassFishin.Com Member

Hey, Cam if your wanting to get rid of some of those Mad men lures let me know. I have a few that I found around the net but have yet to try them out. Might be like you and regret it lol. thanks for the info.. !
Old 05-21-10, 12:51 AM   #36
Justin2729
BassFishin.Com Active Member

yea im with bob Ive seen craws here in KY that big plenty of times. id say if you threw em enough they'd get bit.
Justin2729 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.