Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-07, 10:24 AM   #1
Dannie Zimmerman
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Mother-in-law Comments (fishin)

My mother-in-law has passed away now, but she lived with us for 10 years. I 'll take bass fishing over eating, football, deer hunting, even nascar. She had some opinions about me going fishing all the time and didn't mind sharing them. If I caught a few, she would say where are they? I would tell her I threw them back, we don't eat bass anyway. If I didn't catch any, she'd say why do you even go! I would tell her its about the fishing not the catching. God Bless her. I 'm glad I married a woman
who understands me.
Dannie Zimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 08:27 PM   #2
Recon8541
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Boy I sure feel ya there. I mainly fish this little lake we live on, as its a good producer, and very quiet. I recently went to the pawn shop just lookin for deals and came across a very high dollar set of motorola radios (about 440 each retail) I bought the SET for 75 bucks. My wife and I use these when I am out on the lake. A simple request on the radio brings a burger to the dock, or the occasional nice frosty beer. My wife isnt in to fishing, but she always is behind me 200% cant be better!
Old 03-22-07, 01:44 AM   #3
Gator1_6
BassFishin.Com Member

My girlfriend enjoys fishing with me , she always make sure we have a good lunch but tease her that she brings to much that we are not going on a picnic.
Gator1_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 02:27 AM   #4
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

my wife had never been fishing when we started dating...now she can throw a baitcaster all day long with ya. she used to throw whatever bait i suggested. but i have been working with her on why we are catching fish and why we use certain baits in certain conditions ect. the only thing is when we are night fishing if i notice she is being quiet it's usually because she has layed down in the back of the boat and is sleeping. plus when she loses some of my baits she has no leverage to gripe when i go to bass pro to buy new stuff.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 07:24 AM   #5
Dannie Zimmerman
BassFishin.Com Member

My wife went fishing with me a few times, but that was years ago. Now, everything has to be perfect. No bugs, not too cold, not too hot, not too windy, not too early, and if anyone sees something that looks like a snake, it's over! I"m lucky to have her though. I fish when I want, and buy tackle when I want.
Dannie Zimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 07:46 AM   #6
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

During my second marriage, my "child bride" 's grandpa (a cranky old German, but I loved him nonetheless, RIP.) basically turned his lake house over to us. After a few months, he and my MIL, as well as the mostly useless BILs and SILs began asking when they were gonna get some fresh fish. They knew that the love machine and I spent a lot of time there and that I and my bassing buds worked the lake very often.
When I explained that we practiced catch-and-release, it was as though I had confessed to child molesting, the murder of Jimmy Hoffa, and causing the Black Plague, maybe even flicking the BIC when Joan of Arc was toasted.
In order to keep peace I convinced a couple of my buds to actually fish for crappie, catfish, and the abundant white bass on occasion. The family was dazzled by the generous amounts of fish delivered to them and all was well.
So, we fished for bass without any hassle about throwing them back. The family got fish to eat, and peace reigned for the next several years.
When I decided to divorce the lady, her mom told me that I could continue to use the lake house so long as the fish deliveries were maintained.
I politely declined.
The downside...I haven't had a taste of fresh-caught crappie since 1990.

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 10:13 AM   #7
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

there's still a PFA order in effect from my ex-MIL(30 yrs ago)..she didn't like fishing either.ROFFLES!
Old 03-22-07, 10:34 AM   #8
adamgambill
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRod View Post
The downside...I haven't had a taste of fresh-caught crappie since 1990.

FR

Sounds like you an' reb should go hit Somerville sometime. You know, right now that dosent sound like a bad idea at all.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.