Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 03-29-11, 10:10 PM   #1
M_A_C_K
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Berkley Power Slugs?

My buddy hooked me up with a bag full of Berkley powerslugs and they look good to me, Only fished em a couple times but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them and how they presented them?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MPS6-RS.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	6471  
M_A_C_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 10:09 AM   #2
Shake n' Bake
BassFishin.Com Member

Never tried those but they look similar to Slug-Go's which I usually texas rig weightless and fish much like a Senko.
Shake n' Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 03:20 PM   #3
hookinanbookin
BassFishin.Com Member

you can fish it just like a senko, don't forget you can fish a senko many way. you can fish it like a worm " drop shot, wacky, shaky head and texas rig ", jerk bait or top water with a walk the technique.
hookinanbookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 07:28 PM   #4
Marty
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I used some Power Slugs years ago before I switched to the Fluke-style lure. Power Slugs seemed no better or worse than similar lures, such as Slug-Gos and Mister Twister Slimy Slugs. My partner and I used the three aforementioned lures in typical soft jerkbait fashion, twitch and pause. We had considerable success using those things in lily pad beds.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 07:46 PM   #5
M_A_C_K

Would it be too heavy to try sort of as a shaky head presentation? It looks worth a shot.
M_A_C_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-11, 11:12 AM   #6
Lvitch

Before there were flukes and senkos, there were slug-go's. Basic soft plastic twitch bait, but much different action than a senko. You can rig it just about any way known to man. Good baits. Check out lunker city for different sizes. They have up to 10 in. I believe. Best to use a regular offset worm hook on these over an ewg style, the bait will slide up the shank further, giving better hook sets. also play around with where you hook it in the nose, you can make them dive up, down , left or right depending on where you hook them. You also can make them do a flutter kind of thing if you tx rig them about a 1/2 back and on the side of the nose. Cool little bait. The scent from berkley should work well too. Gonna try them myself.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.