Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 12-13-05, 06:41 PM   #1
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Kistler or Loomis

I broke my Kistler last fall and need a new rod for next year. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts or experience with both rods? I see Kistler has come out with a new version of the LTA, I can't remember what it is called but it goes for $349.00. The Loomis equivalent, GLX is about the same price. The new Kistler weighs 3 ounces. I really liked my Kistler and what they say is true-after using it all day you can hardly tell you used one. Any comparisons would be helpful. Thanks

Bob
Old 12-13-05, 07:50 PM   #2
skeeter944

i havent used either, but it's all in what you like and what you have confidence in.
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-05, 09:53 PM   #3
Joe_S.
BassFishin.Com Active Member

There both excellent rods 350 is alot of money, If you want to save a few bucks but still get top of the line , i highly recommend taklehaven on ebay, just lookup ebay shops and type in tacklehaven, they have brand new loomis' for $100 off retail. Just leave me a few. I got a new BCR 854 Jig and worm rod and it is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Old 12-14-05, 07:39 AM   #4
1FASTLASER

BassinBon man you gotta check out the Airrus line of rods. I havent fished a kistler,fished Gloomis,shimano,berkley you get the picture. For the money Airrus is FANTASTIC.PERIOD. They have a 70/30 action that is unbeleivable and the power of the rod is just outta this world. I really do think I could feel a fly fart at a 100yds on these rods. Presently I own 4 of them and am slowly replacing all the rest of my rods with them. They are comfortable even in freezing temps,have a over the counter gurantee....you break you get a new one right then....no waiting on our great US Postal Service. They make several models but my favorite is the Co-Matrix. It is there middle of the line rod that generally sells for 89.95 from my supplier. Do you best to try one. If anyone owns one of these rods....dont matter what length or action and doesnt like it give me a holler and I will buy it from you. Thats how much I like them and I dont get crap for pushing these rods.
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-05, 05:04 PM   #5
bassinbob

1FASTLASER, I am going down to Cabelas in West Virginia this Sunday. I will check out the Airrus rods. I think they sell them. Wish I could try one out before I buy because I think it would be hard to beat a Kistler. If I get one and don't like it you'll buy it for my cost, right? LOL. What the heck, they probably are as good as you say and one more rod rigged up in the boat means less lure changing.

Bob
Old 12-14-05, 05:08 PM   #6
bassinbob

Joe, I checked out the site on ebay. They have quite a few choices. In the description it said something about old. Is that an older model even though it is a new rod? Do you get the warranty with them?

Bob
Old 12-15-05, 03:39 AM   #7
Unregistered

Bob-tacklehaven sells brand new, non-refurbished loomis rods. You are probably referring to the fact they state they are not weible-old, which means they are new models, and not the old models with the weible reel seat. They simply move a lot of rods, and the ebay format allows them to bypass loomis' mandated retail price. Loomis is like a gang...it's for life. When your rod is old and worn out, just break it over your leg and a new one will be on the way for $50. Put it this way, if you would have gone with a glx in the first place, you would have never posted this thread....you'd already have your new rod Tackle haven is really spreading fast by word of mouth, so take advantage while you can. Take care....

Last edited by Unregistered; 12-15-05 at 03:47 AM.
Old 12-15-05, 06:18 AM   #8
1FASTLASER

BassnBob

Yes you are correct Bob. Thats how much I like these rods,also this offer goes out to ANYONE that buys a airuss rod or the older model sirrus rods. I will buy them and pay to have em shipped. This is no joke. I am that serious.
Old 12-15-05, 09:57 AM   #9
Joe_S.

As UR said they are all brand new, Great service and Loomis' has a lifetime warranty, I got a BCR 854 It has the new nickel titanium line guides on it There is a review done on tackle tour about them and they said they don't suggest braid with the line guides because they think it would be really noisy, But I guess they didn't try it because it doesn't make a sound except going through the line guide on the reel, and let me say talk about sensitivity, I think I was picking up radio frequencies with the braid on
Old 12-16-05, 11:00 AM   #10
bassthumb32
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

Ive Heard And Youve Expeirinced That Kistlers Break A Lot. Good Luck. Check Out American Rodsmitshs Too.
Old 12-16-05, 04:54 PM   #11
Rider

I think G Loomis is the way to go
Old 12-17-05, 12:03 PM   #12
Basspro wannabe
BassFishin.Com Member

Bassinbob, I purchased one of the Kistler Helium LTA rods but have always wondered if the G Loomis GLX rods were better. Yesterday I stopped in a tackle shop and got some things and noticed they had some GLX rods and I picked one up to see how I liked it. Now I am glad I purchased the Kistler Helium LTA rod because the GLX is heavy compaired to the LTA. I have never fished with a GLX so they may be very sensitive, but are pretty heavy compaired to LTA's.
Basspro wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-05, 04:02 PM   #13
BobM
BassFishin.Com Member

Hello all ...I am new to your forum here....just a quick question ...how did the kistler rod break??did they not honor the "no hassle " warranty?? I own 4 kistler rods and have to say they are a joy to fish with...you can't go wrong with a loomis or a kistler(provided they honor the warranty)
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-05, 04:14 PM   #14
bassinbob

1FastLaser, I went to Cabelas today and bought 2 Co-Matrix rods. One 6'6'' mh and one 7' mh. Now if I don't like them I'll need your addy. LOL. They seem pretty nice. If they would have had the upper end rod I would have bought one of those. Can't wait for spring to try them out.
BobM, welcome to the board. My Kistler broke in the back of my pick-up. I have to send it to them and see what they will do for me. It is a very light rod. I could cast a mile with it. This last fall I fished an old canal and could reach the pads and weeds on the opposite side. My guess was at least 50 to 75 yards.

Bob
Old 12-19-05, 06:58 AM   #15
BobM
BassFishin.Com Member

Good luck ..hope all works out
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-05, 07:51 AM   #16
1FASTLASER

Bassin Bob

196 Marias Saline Road
Crossett,Arkansas 71635

Lol thought I was kidding did ya.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.