Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-10, 11:48 AM   #1
gwozdz
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Seaguar Tatsu line, any users

I would like to try using a fluorocarbon line, but have read that knots breaking can be a problem. Has anyone used this Tatsu line in 8-12 lb and have good luck with it? Is there a better choice out there? TIA
gwozdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-10, 05:31 PM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I haven't even checked out Tatsu because of the ridiculous price. I'm sure it's a good line, but I wouldn't spend that kind of money if that is your first fluorocarbon.

Seaguar InvisX and AbrasX are both good options that don't cost $40-55 a spool.

Lower knot strength is a property that all fluorocarbon lines possess, but InvisX is probably one of best I've used. I'm sure Tatsu is good as well...

BB
Old 11-05-10, 06:07 PM   #3
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I second the InvisX!..This has been my only fluoro line so far after all the positive recommendations/feedback...Once I got it dialed in on my reel,it cast no different than my mono lines...The lack of memory,and strength is very impressive.
Old 11-07-10, 11:01 PM   #4
LilJakeC
BassFishin.Com Member

For those of you that are using the Abrazix, how well does it cast? Also what lb test would you recommend for pitching jigs and t-rigs in brush piles? I have heard that Abrazix has a high breaking strength but would like to get an answer.
Old 11-08-10, 03:27 AM   #5
islandbass

Another vote for invizx, althought I have only used 6#. Cabela's No Viz is a cheaper (in terms of price) fc line that is also made be seaguar. It is practically invizx without the price, at about $9.99 for 200 yards.
Old 11-08-10, 10:38 AM   #6
96ecss
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJakeC View Post
For those of you that are using the Abrazix, how well does it cast? Also what lb test would you recommend for pitching jigs and t-rigs in brush piles? I have heard that Abrazix has a high breaking strength but would like to get an answer.
Kevin has some great information about fishing line in his BassFishin.Com Line Guide. http://www.bassfishin.com/blog/fishing-line-guide/ If you haven't read it yet, it probably will answer your questions about line weight and type for different situations.

Dave
96ecss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 10:50 AM   #7
Bender

gwozdz, I too suggest the InvizX as the best combination of qualities in a fluoro line that I have used. I also use Sunline Sniper and it is tough as nails but it is a lot more stiff.

How far upstate are you? I just moved away from Saranac Lake earlier this year.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 03:46 PM   #8
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJakeC View Post

If you're only going to be pitching with it, and mostly into wood, I'd go with 15lb test. If you cast as much or more than pitch, I'd go with 12lb.

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.