Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-06, 03:41 PM   #1
BPACA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Daiwa Rod Failed me

Well in my tourney after about 2 hours of fishing my daiwa rod decides to have the handle section become lose so my reel can do a 360 around the rod blank.....Only fished with it for two hours....man 40 bucks also....I sent a letter to daiwa explaning what happened.....
BPACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-06, 04:51 PM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

unforturate, but a lesson learned..next time you go to a tourney put some black electical tape in the tackle box, some small pliers and a small screwdriver, and some reel oil or WD40 or reel Magic...the tape can be wrapped around that section of the rod and reel to hold it in place. Once home get some gorilla glue and glue it back in place...its always a good confidence booster when you can do the maintenance on you equipement, so if disaster stikes, you can fix it, instead of letting it ruin you're day by just thinking about it.
I carry 7 rods almost at all times, pleasure or tournament fishing included.
Granted, not all members can afford or want to carry that many rods, some carrry many more.
But, I've had the same thing happen on other brands of rods, its a easy fix.
I've got a MH6-6 abu garcia rod that did that, and I've had tape over it for 10 years, its no big whoop to me.
Did you do any good in the tourney or were ya too bummed out to catch one?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-06, 04:55 PM   #3
BPACA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Oh I caught about 25 to 30 shorts....on keepers....I think I am deffinately on to something....it would have deffinately helped to have been able to have the rod. It really pisses me off.
BPACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-06, 04:56 PM   #4
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

next time ya get into a short fish day, try a tad deeper
JB is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.