Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-06, 04:10 PM   #1
Fishin49er
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Posting Fishing Reports

I want to start out by saying this is in no way a smart%&# comment. This is an honest question that i would just like to know for future reference so i won't make this mistake again. There was some discussion on another thread about posting reports on fishing, my question is if its a fishing report but not a bass fishing report does it need to be posted in the non-related fishing talk board or in the fishing reports board. I posted not too long ago about my saltwater trip and put it in the fishing reports board so i may have made this mistake already. And again this is an honest question that i would like to know, not meant to be a smart%&# comment. Just looking for personal clarification. Thanks guys
Fishin49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-06, 04:16 PM   #2
Kevin
Administrator

Hey Fishin49er,

For the most part, any saltwater report you want to share with the guys here could be relevant in both the 'Fishing Reports' section or the 'Non-Related' section.

Here is a good general rule of thumb for saltwater reports. If you post an occassional saltwater report you want to share here... then 'Fishing Reports' is a good place to do so. You may even want to append "Saltwater" to your thread title.

If you post regularly (like some of the known freshwater captains here)... then I would post the saltwater reports in the non-related, so as to not flood the bass fishing reports with saltwater reports (since this is a bass fishing site).

But either way, we are glad to hear about your fishing trips and reports always go over great with everyone when lots of pictures are attached!

Kevin
Old 11-20-06, 05:38 PM   #3
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

thats for sure, I like seeing all the photos of everyones catch..I think learning about bluegills and crappie helped me learn about bassfishing, at least some of the mechanics...so in comparison, hearing about new bass fishing techniques and well as a good story to fill in the details is one of the best things about this site..granted some of us are landlocked and live 15 hours from any coast, so an occasional story about saltwater fish is ok by me.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.