Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-07, 10:41 PM   #1
Bass'n'cast
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Goimg to Bass Pro Shops

hey guys havent been on in awhile, i have been on a bass fishin lul. IDK but im going to BPS and i was wandering what lures and baits i should try, i fishing many smaller lakes and ponds in indiana and hopefully most of you know those conditions, so i hope you can throw me a few ideas thanks alot for any help.
Bass'n'cast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-07, 12:18 AM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

There are a lot of variables to take into account regarding your question. Such as what type of lakes and ponds do you fish in? Shallow, deep, sandy or muck bottoms. Lots of weeds or mostly rock. That being said, here are a few lures for you to get and try. I fish up here in NW Indiana and these lures usually work well for me. 1/4 and 3/8 oz white spinerbaits. Gold or silver blades. Also pick up a bag of yellow twister grub bodies in 3 - 4 inch size to use as a trailer for your spinnerbaits. I prefer double colorado blades over the willow leaf. Pick up a couple crankbaits that will run shallow and medium depths. The Bandit 100 series is a good choice. I also like the Rapalla DT6 crankbaits, especially in the Bleeding Olive Shiner color. Grab a bag of plastic senko style baits and some hooks to rig them texas style. A 5 inch bait with a 3/0 offset hook should work well. I have had my best luck using the Tiki stick in the laminate style, in the black and red blend color. A couple 4 1/2 inch Smithwick Rattlin Rouges are a good bait to have available. Worked by twitching and jerking near the surface is a killer approach with the Rouges, especially in spring time. Last year, my best lure for ice out fishing was the Chatterbait. Very early right after ice out, worked slowly, I made a killin with that bait. And lastly, be sure to pick up a couple surface baits for those warm calm mornings, and evenings. I have had great luck with the Heddon Tiny Torpedo, as well as with the banana shaped spook baits available by many lure makers. Hope this get you started. There are many other baits you could buy, but keeping it simple, these are some of the baits I have had the most success with.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.