Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 05-06-07, 12:48 PM   #1
bassman89
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Worms

what worms would yall use in a 4 acre pond that has murky water with a pretty good bit of cover?
bassman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 12:58 PM   #2
WIUbassin
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i'm sure it just depends on the pond, but i have an interstate pond i fish with same size and water clarity and green pumpkinseed works awesome for me, as far as size goes it all depends on the size of the bass in there if your going after the trophies well then throw a 10inch or something. If you just wanna catch fish, its hard to beet a 4inch curly tail with a little weight. rig it texas to help you slip it around cover. Good Luck!
Old 05-06-07, 02:32 PM   #3
DaHorns
BassFishin.Com Member

I'd go to the Berkley 4" Power Worm in a watermelon, pumpkinseed, or red shad. Rig it Texas style and go to town......

Maybe some 4" Senko or Wave worms.....

Good luck!!
DaHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 06:12 PM   #4
K-Driz
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to K-Driz

7" Culprit junebug color worm would probably work pretty well.
K-Driz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 09:05 PM   #5
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman89 View Post
what worms would yall use in a 4 acre pond that has murky water with a pretty good bit of cover?
The key word here is "Murky"...that means worms with more bulk, for both water displacement and visibility...not little finesse worms.
The Culprit is a good choice, in larger sizes, but I'd opt for the Berkley Power Worm in the 7" or larger size. The Culprit has a thinner, ribbon-like tail but the BPW has a tail design that should make more "noise" as it falls.
Dark colors should prevail here, such as Green Pumpkin, Black, June Bug, Black Blue, but give Red Shad a chance as well. Use scent and at least a 3/0 EWG hook. Select a weight that will allow so slow a fall as possible but visually check to see that the worm is falling fast enough to reallyh activate the curl tail...important!
When working the worm, alternate slow rise-and-falls with very short but snappy hops. The more racket you make, the better, you see. The short n' fast hop may call a bass into the area and the slow rise and fall following might make it easier for the bass to get a good mouthfull in poor visiblity.
Use a rubber peg on the weight, BTW. This assures the maximum tail action on the fall.

Be safe.

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-07, 04:22 PM   #6
Patrick Krueger, Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I'd use a fat, black, straight-tailed worm, rigged like this: http://www.in-fisherman.com/magazine...orm/index.html

Or with just a swivel and offset hook with the hook further down the worm causing a bend in it.
Old 05-10-07, 06:32 PM   #7
BubbaLunk
BassFishin.Com Member

Green pumpkin zoom ole monsters, texas rigged, with a 5/0 gatagatsu hook and work them slow, after that, hold on
BubbaLunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 08:54 PM   #8
crankybait
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

sounds like my pond. go with a 4 inch senko.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.