Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-09, 04:37 PM   #1
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser
Default Wear your sunscreen

Took the kids swimming yesterday from about 12-2. And suma-na-fish, I am rock lobstered. I didn't think I was there that long, but the water must have magnified it. My little ones like to fight and wrestle al the time and I told them if they touched me again I would punt 'em to the moon till this passed. Y'all know I wouldn't though, I love my boys. But anyways, it is getting to be a schorcher in south Miss and I am sure pretty much everywhere else. The bank had 102 yesterday at 3:30, WHEW! So fellas, don't forget to throw that sunscreen in the bag when you head out. And drink plenty water while you are out there, and substitue potassium vitamins for bananas LOL. It's time to head back out to the Gulf of Mexico, so I will catch y'all in and out for the next 2 weeks.
Old 06-17-09, 04:49 PM   #2
MississippiBoy

Good advice, Bubba. Be safe out there.
Old 06-17-09, 06:43 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

take care bubba! wear the sunscreen out there on that rig too man. and yes it got to 100 heat index here today. laid down asphalt (375 degrees) in the 100 degree heat....talk about sweating, hahahaha. lots of fluids too gang.
Old 06-17-09, 06:45 PM   #4
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

It's been hot enough for me around here, in the 80s. Actually, too hot! lol I like 70s.
Old 06-17-09, 07:14 PM   #5
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

80s, those days are gone for a while, hahahaha. And another summer warning, get that wasp spray out too. I was doing the annual house cleaning the other day and climbed up the last step of the ladder. I was cleaning the gable vent, and noticed it came off so I thought I will pressure wash it on the ground. I snatched that sucker off and all I saw was black flashes. I don't know why the wasp tolerated me that long. But they waited for the perfect opprotunity. All I could do was bail off the ladder, but I pussed out in mid jump and grabbed it to slide down. Left me with a bruise on my chest and a sore jaw where I popped the top of the ladder. But I was like a cat and never hit the ground, hahahaha. Then later that day, I hear the neighbor's boy screaming. I just stopped and thought, that is a "I'm hurt pretty bad" scream. All I could think about was running around the corner and seeing a distorted arm or leg. But the kid was holding his eye. A red or guinney popped him right above his eye while they were playing in the fort. Needless to say, it was swole shut about an hour later. So watch out too, for lifting stuff around the house and out in the shed.
Old 06-17-09, 07:49 PM   #6
aikenyounggun

man im glad i have this tough skin, takes me a long time to get sunburned.....

but yeah its hot around here too.... hit 100 yesterday, thats just straight temperature, no index
Old 06-17-09, 07:58 PM   #7
66KingFisher

I don't think we ever had any 80's this year....seems like it went from the 70's straight to the 90's.....heat index is 98 right now at 6:45pm.

Several years back during one of my wifes "spring cleanings" I was told I needed to deal with some issue behind the couch.....what I found was the cable tv recepticle on the wall was being pushed away from the wall an inch or so and had what appeared to be foam or something coming from behind the cover......so I remove it and start pulling this dried foam lookin stuff outta the wall, only to realize moments later that this was a wasp nest as what seemed like hundreds of tiny baby wasps come flooding out into the room. Fortunately I was the only person in the room at the time, and I headed for the patio door as quick as I could.....by the time I got outta the house and stopped running near the back fence I had been stung on the face,head,and shoulders about 30 or so times.....lol....that was the damnest thing I'd ever seen.

Stings don't really bother me, but we just found out our granddaughter is allergic to mosquito bites.....have you ever heard such a thing?......I hadn't, but this poor child welps up with huge red welps when a skeeter gets her.....the doctors gave us some steroids to apply to the bites, and said she'll most likely grow out of it.....I hope so cause all I can think about is "if a skeeter does this to her, whats a bee or wasp gonna do"?

Bubba....thats a good tip.....its real easy to get burned when your out on the water, and if theres any pain I can't hardley deal with its a bad sunburn......I'd rather take a beatin then have to deal with a bad sunburn......i'm always using sunscreen or wearin long sleeves and a rimmed hat.....no more bad burns for this ol'boy.
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-09, 07:47 PM   #8
Jim80

been raining up here for about a week now and is supposed to rain until next thursday so no sun burn for us .

jim
Old 06-20-09, 09:29 AM   #9
Christopherkeene9

Yep, the only time I get burned is in the water or laying on a surf board. The water's reflection is brutal.
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-09, 03:57 PM   #10
bassFishingWNY
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Put my air condenser in about a month ago, used it once. With the cold north wind, and lake Erie it been nice here, but bad bass fishing! 60-low 70s day, 40s, low 50s night time.
bassFishingWNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-09, 04:20 PM   #11
Jim80

I have yet to put a air conditioner in here and llet me just say our electric bill is loving not needing one I am gonna be kinda sad when the temps get up there again .

Jim
Old 06-20-09, 05:30 PM   #12
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopherkeene9 View Post
Yep, the only time I get burned is in the water or laying on a surf board. The water's reflection is brutal.
I get burnt at work putting down white roofs

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.