Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-11, 01:07 AM   #1
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Bandit Hardbaits

Hey guys some of you might know that I am getting a lot of water time right now. I wanted to pass along that a new development for me. Bandit baits. I have become a big fan and it’s all from using not sponsor etc. I used to be 100% loyal to brand X but I am finding the Bandit’s to be very well priced, well built and take a beating and keep looking good. If your a hard bait guy give em a try if you get a chance. Again just something I wanted to pass along and you can’t beat the price and selection. I don’t need a $20 hardbait!
Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 01:11 AM   #2
Brwnbass
BassFishin.Com Member

Yeea, bandits are big here in TN, i love to throw a rootbeer 200-300 series.
Old 01-12-11, 01:14 AM   #3
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Thanks please let me know if you guys are throwing them and what you think. Rootbeer and Red is working pretty good for now. Really cold water right now. I am not fishing for them but the strippers are loving the Red. (I need to check the model I am talking and post it. Will do tomorrow)
Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 01:22 AM   #4
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

bandit baits are a GREAT crankbait vegass. priced low for what you get in my opion. hard to beat. great action and colors are outstanding. i use bandits a good bit. gonna use them more in the coming year.
Old 01-12-11, 02:08 AM   #5
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I wish they would start using the good hooks again...
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 08:33 AM   #6
jdw174
BassFishin.Com Member

I fish Bandits quite a bit, especially the FootLoose. I've caught everything from 5lbLM to absolutely huge bluegills on it.
Old 01-12-11, 09:04 AM   #7
BigBassMan
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via ICQ to BigBassMan

Clear shallow water, baby bass color, deadly.
BigBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 09:14 AM   #8
lilmule

The 200 is a mainstay crankbait on ky lake,rootbeer is a top fall color in a 100,white ,chart being spring,pre and post spawn as the bass tend to follow lead in, lead out banks.The footloose over submerged grass can be great.Like a 1 minus.
Other baits that should work and be along simular lines,fat free shad,norman deep lil n.
None of them being expensive,I also find that some companies like H20 make decent ripoffs of rc for not much more than a bandit.
The stripers should also be attracted to chart or bubblegum pink.

Last edited by lilmule; 01-12-11 at 09:21 AM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 10:25 AM   #9
Marc David

Bandits are pretty popular here. They're cheaper cranks that have some great action. I love fishing a 200, I plan on trying the Footloose series this Spring.
Marc David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 12:03 PM   #10
johnD
BassFishin.Com Member

Love the bandit lures the 100 series and the footloose have worked for me in FL and AL.
johnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 12:23 PM   #11
66KingFisher

I probably caught more fish last year on a Bandit crankbait then about any other lure in my tacklebox next was jigs.
Old 01-12-11, 01:26 PM   #12
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I'd say half my shallow diving cranks are Bandit 100s with a few Footloose cranks thrown in. Probably a third of my other cranks are Bandit 200-300s. I'm going to be working on deep cranking this year and will be picking up a couple Bandit 700 series cranks.

One of my favorite cranks (especially the 100). Great prices and these little things are tough. Nearly indestructible and the finish stands up to a lot of abuse.

Bluegill, Rootbeer, and Chartreuse Shad are a couple of my favorite colors.

BB
Old 01-12-11, 05:31 PM   #13
3dkicker

Vegas - when buying Bandit baits check the packaging and see where they are made. Some are made in Mexico, some in China, and some right here in the USA. Look for the Made in Tenn. label on the package. Also you can order from the company and request the ones made in Tenn. What's the difference??? Those that have been throwing them for the last 15 years have stated that they notice the difference between them. Tenn baits run better and are made from the original molds (or so I'm told). You'll also see differences in the paint job too.
Old 01-12-11, 11:49 PM   #14
Marc David

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
Vegas - when buying Bandit baits check the packaging and see where they are made. Some are made in Mexico, some in China, and some right here in the USA. Look for the Made in Tenn. label on the package. Also you can order from the company and request the ones made in Tenn. What's the difference??? Those that have been throwing them for the last 15 years have stated that they notice the difference between them. Tenn baits run better and are made from the original molds (or so I'm told). You'll also see differences in the paint job too.
Very interesting info, haven't heard that about the Bandits before. Are the Tenn. made cranks at certain stores or are they mixed in with the others?
Marc David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 12:46 AM   #15
keithdog

Five thumbs up for bandit crankbaits!!! That 100 series in bluegill and tenn shad are killer. Interresting tip 3D. Thanks
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 01:00 AM   #16
Bender

I have a good many 100s and 300s, but I have a lot of 200s and really love them. I just got a couple custom painted ones too. I feel like they are great all around crankbaits.

BigB, one of my friends was on a good deep crank bite last year and he tried some 700s. He said that the ones he had just wouldn't run right. If you get some I'd like to hear what you think.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.