Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-07, 09:10 AM   #1
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Tough Evening...

With the moon to be full and tides so high (+2 feet) I decided early that skinny water was going to be the only way to hook up fish. So I bring out the jet boat and push pole. At the dock I meet up with four boats and many fishermen who got skunked. NOT A GOOD SIGN>>>>Well the wind was constanly shifting and called for plastic worm texas rigged dragged right off the grass edge. Well my charter did not really get into it and just gave it a couple of casts and just got bored. So we moved to an edge that provided some fly rod fishing and wind had settled down. I could see the bass pushing back as the incoming tide was very strong and as we adjusted they moved back even quicker. Two blow ups and two lost flies,,, we have ziltch fish. So now the fish are in the woods deep and running fast to back lakes and deep holes. Change of plans again. I push pole the boat in 6 inches of water back to a pond that holds water at low tide. By the time I get us back in the woods pond we got another foot of water. The fly comes out but the line flying over head is spooking fish. Water is gin clean and any tap on the boat floor spooks them. So now golden hour arrives and I get out the surf rods and horny toads for that extra long cast. BAM nice fish on first cast. Found the answer finally.

Well that turned out to be the only fish last night as twelve more blow ups and way too quick hooksets/nearsighted fish missed again and again. Then the tide topped out and the fish shut down. In one hour we had 13 blowups and one hookup and then nothing. The full moon was rising and if we had about two more hours we would have got on the bite again for sure.
Capt Mike
Old 08-30-07, 12:18 PM   #2
skeeter944

Thats a pretty nice bass! WTG!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-07, 12:49 PM   #3
Captmikestarrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter944 View Post
Thats a pretty nice bass! WTG!
Thanks is was one sweet bass and it fought real well. It also helped me as I learned from past experiance never to dought my self. Stick with it and you find the answer..

Thanks Again

Capt Mike

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.