Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-11, 02:54 PM   #1
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Revo SX - Old vs. New Models

I recently bought a 2009 Revo SX at Dick's for cheap, and also bought a new model (w/red accents) at BPS. The newer model just feels cheaper, and seems to be louder, and not cast as far. What did Abu change between the old and new models of the Revo SX. I know that Kory is a Revo fan, and there has to be several others on here as well, so what is your opinion on the Revo SX? Which models do you prefer, older or newer? Thanks,

Ryan
Old 09-19-11, 03:09 PM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

While not the SX, I got the chance to fish the 2009 STX before I sent it back for the 2010 I was SUPPOSED to get. I felt the 2010 fished smoother and cast better.

BB
Old 09-19-11, 03:43 PM   #3
aikenyounggun

I have 2 from right before red accents, and one from a couple years before that, all work great. I also have the one with red accents but it must still be 2 years old at least, and I just went to the pond today with it (like 10 minutes ago) and it works great, haven't had any issues with it. I have 2 STX's too from 4 years ago and they are nice too but I don't really think there is much of a difference (biggest one being price) I have never had issues with Abu, i love the SX and STX
Old 09-19-11, 04:36 PM   #4
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Personally I prefer the old version to the new ones. I like the new ones just fine but I agree that something is different with them and I just like the old ones better, unless we talk about looks and in that arguement the new ones would win. The new ones just seem a little more tricky to cast.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-11, 05:29 PM   #5
Tavery5

The new model uses the Infini II spool design, swept handle and the magnetic brakes were upgraded, may be a few other small things but I think they were cosmetic.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.