Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-06, 09:36 PM   #1
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default 6 Down, 6 to Go

Well Saturday was a pretty decent day fishing if you consider only catching 2 Bass, and then getting a migraine a decent day. However you would consider it a GREAT DAY if one of those 2 fish was 10.53 lbs Yeah I caught my 6th Bass over 10lbs Saturday It was 26.5"L X 18" G, which the calculator says 10.53 lbs (Seems like I can't get past that 26.5" ) On the down side I was fishing with a shiner, so it doesn't really count Anyway I would like to make it a even dozen this year, not to bad for a Yankee Anyway the pics are on my work camera, and I have to actually go buy a Panasonic camera adapter to get the pics off it. My boss was supposed to email them to me, but he obviously is as computer illerate as I am. The migraine took a lot of fun out of it, but it still pretty cool in MY BOOK

Lizards
Old 05-15-06, 09:59 PM   #2
Rebbasser

WTG LIZARDS! Congrats on numbers 5 and 6!
Old 05-16-06, 06:51 AM   #3
IL.bassin
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin

Another 26.5 incher. Lizards I hate to be the one to tell you but you're gonna have to find a new place to fish. All the bass in that lake have had their growth stunted
IL.bassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-06, 08:07 AM   #4
JB

WTG Lizards!
sorry to hear about your headache tho,
oh wait, ya left her back in indy...I mean sorry to hear about the migraine
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-06, 12:34 PM   #5
CreekGeek22
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Way to go man! And keep a day open for me that first week of July!
See PM
CreekGeek22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-06, 07:50 PM   #6
pig n jig

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL.bassin
Another 26.5 incher. Lizards I hate to be the one to tell you but you're gonna have to find a new place to fish. All the bass in that lake have had their growth stunted
Wat he's sayin is that they alls his Shimanos can bring in is the 26.5" short fish,Lyzyrds, tell them about the ones that got away. anit nice ? P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-06, 08:04 PM   #7
Marty

Nice going!! That's one helluva fish.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-06, 08:07 PM   #8
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

way to go scott..i have a feeling you'll make that dozen over 10 easy.
Old 05-16-06, 09:03 PM   #9
IL.bassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig
Wat he's sayin is that they alls his Shimanos can bring in is the 26.5" short fish,Lyzyrds, tell them about the ones that got away. anit nice ? P N J
Oh I get it now. Sorry Lizards my mistake.

Who would have thought that?? By using a Shimano reel you can actually exercise inches off a fish And it reduces the little ones to nothin and they get away. Amazing
Old 05-16-06, 10:17 PM   #10
skeeter944

i'm still waitin' for my first! way to go, lizards!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-06, 03:31 PM   #11
flfireman

No comment!! WTG man.
Old 05-17-06, 08:39 PM   #12
jordan41
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via MSN to jordan41 Send a message via Yahoo to jordan41

ya great job my all time biggest is like 6-7 it would be a dream to catch one that big.
Old 05-18-06, 05:21 PM   #13
pig n jig

Great Scott, That is something to brag about right there. I just find it difficult to believe that its possible to catch that many big fish, but I know its the truth now. I can only imagine that it was meant to be, just remember the regular Joes, when you become notorious for catching big bass.A Bass professor in the making.Who knew you were just a diamond in the rough a few years ago ?I can still remember bits and peices of your postings years ago.You may be the most improved angler of anyone I can remember.Remember that Ill Bassin and you and I have got to get together to fish before I die. P N J
Old 05-18-06, 05:23 PM   #14
JB

pnj,
once he broke free of the hair care biz fumes, his head cleared up
and is now able to catch ol lunker lips N E time.....no sweat
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-06, 06:38 PM   #15
Rodman_Rob

dang man, congrats.
P.S. Anybody else think he just caught the one lunker and released it into his bathtub and just keeps catching it? Can't be too hard to catch a hawg in a bathtub with a fluke or shiner. lol, just messing with ya.
Old 05-18-06, 10:56 PM   #16
flamez
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

where are you fishing liz? i fish in pristene waters and still cant catch double digits like you O_o then again i dont throw shiners or fin s fish
Old 05-19-06, 10:18 PM   #17
lizardsrule

Thanks yall LOL, I'm starting to type southern

Quote:
Great Scott, That is something to brag about right there. I just find it difficult to believe that its possible to catch that many big fish, but I know its the truth now. I can only imagine that it was meant to be, just remember the regular Joes, when you become notorious for catching big bass.A Bass professor in the making.Who knew you were just a diamond in the rough a few years ago ?I can still remember bits and peices of your postings years ago.You may be the most improved angler of anyone I can remember.Remember that Ill Bassin and you and I have got to get together to fish before I die. P N J

Thanks, that's a huge compliment coming from you. I say next spring you 2 come down to the fishing hole. We will have a blast and have a good chance at a HAWG

Been having puter issues I tried to upload my pics, and they were too big So I tried to figure out how to downsize them, and my puter crashed It's been giving me fits for awhile So if anyone can figure out to give me PRECISE AND EASY TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS, on how to downsize them I would appreciate it, and I'll post the pics, with me wearing my Boilermaker sweatshirt this time

Lizards
Old 05-20-06, 12:07 AM   #18
IL.bassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsrule
Thanks yall LOL, I'm starting to type southern

Thanks, that's a huge compliment coming from you. I say next spring you 2 come down to the fishing hole. We will have a blast and have a good chance at a HAWG

Been having puter issues I tried to upload my pics, and they were too big So I tried to figure out how to downsize them, and my puter crashed It's been giving me fits for awhile So if anyone can figure out to give me PRECISE AND EASY TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS, on how to downsize them I would appreciate it, and I'll post the pics, with me wearing my Boilermaker sweatshirt this time

Lizards
Scott I think if you go to photobucket or image shack and host your pics there it will automaticly resize them to be posted on message boards.
It's free to sign up and pretty easy to use.

About coming down in the Spring. I'll do everything in my power to make the trip happen. The only thing I wanna know is where is P-N-J gonna fish? Your boats Shimano only right?
Old 05-20-06, 12:12 PM   #19
flfireman

I'll go and PNJ can hop in my boat. Im a non brand specific fisherman. Guess Im gonna take a trip to Ocala here soon.
Old 05-20-06, 02:23 PM   #20
pig n jig

ILL,I can bring a Shimano reel, but I didn't think we would be anchoring to fish ?Lizards, if you like, I can bring a real anchor instead of the reel in case there is any kind of wind at all. A shimano is a good anchor on calm days, but it takes multiple reels to hold the boat in position on breezy days. P N J
Old 05-20-06, 02:32 PM   #21
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
ILL,I can bring a Shimano reel, but I didn't think we would be anchoring to fish ?Lizards, if you like, I can bring a real anchor instead of the reel in case there is any kind of wind at all. A shimano is a good anchor on calm days, but it takes multiple reels to hold the boat in position on breezy days. P N J
don't bother with the anchor, lizards has a problem with leaving them in the water too long.
Old 05-20-06, 08:42 PM   #22
lizardsrule

rotfl at you guys.

I would say Feb would be a good month. I caught 3 in Feb this year. But anytime you guys make it we'll go fishing.

flfireman,

Just let me know when you wanna go fish it. You don't need your boat, even in mine it's no more than 7 minutes from one end to the other, I believe it's around 550 acres. Just bring Braid, you're gonna need it there LOL.

Lizards
Old 05-20-06, 09:15 PM   #23
wvtroutdog@aol.com
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to wvtroutdog@aol.com Send a message via Yahoo to wvtroutdog@aol.com
Default Try these Lizzards

This is your time of years lizzards(cause of the spawn) since you like lizzards so much. anyway Have you tried the new HardNose lizzards by mann's? There pretty cool you can fish topwater with them or give them a slight jerk and thell sink.
Old 05-21-06, 09:19 PM   #24
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvtroutdog@aol.com
This is your time of years lizzards(cause of the spawn) since you like lizzards so much. anyway Have you tried the new HardNose lizzards by mann's? There pretty cool you can fish topwater with them or give them a slight jerk and thell sink.
Well anytime is a good time for a Lizard, but spawn here has been over for awhile now. The water temps here today wer3 86-83. I haven't tried the new Hardnose Lizards yet, but I have tried the Hardnose craws, and like the way they perform, however they just don't catch fish like the Netbait Baby and Regular Paca Craws do

Lizards

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.