Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-11, 09:35 PM   #1
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Thank you rrw4258 (secret santa)

Britney and I got on the water yesterday and big fish of the day came on a finesse jig with a Dominater Sweet Craw Jr. that you sent me a pack of as a trailer. Man I have to say that these baits not only make a great looking jig trailer but also a very nice looking compact flipping bait. I will put the rest of the stuff you sent me to use soon, but I just wanted to let you know that the package you sent me is already paying dividends for me.

carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-11, 09:43 PM   #2
Bassboss

Beaver's are awesome trailers for sure! Glad ya liking em, and nice bass!
Old 07-24-11, 10:00 PM   #3
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
Beaver's are awesome trailers for sure! Glad ya liking em, and nice bass!
I have been using beaver baits for a long time and yeah they are great trailers. But these have a little more of a craw look to them than the sweet beavers and smallie beavers I have been using. I will most likely have to stock up on these baits because they fill a size gap that is between sweet beavers and smallie beavers.
Old 07-25-11, 11:43 AM   #4
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Kory, I am glad you put them to use, and they are great little baits. These baits from Jann's Netcraft, which is right down the road from me, are the EXACT same thing as Big Bite Baits YoMama. Same thing, right down to the pinchers and the little dots on the pinchers. And when you buy 10 or more bags of them, they are only $1.99 a bag! Right now I have between 40 to 50 extra bags of them waiting to get used. My best colors are the GP/Watermelon, Black Neon, and Black/Blue. You can get them in a 3.5" version (Jr.) and a 4.25" version (although I think the 4" are a fuzz more expensive.)

We have best luck with them throwing them around docks and rocks on a 1/4 oz. Buckeye Spot Remover Pro Model head, and a jig trailer as you said. Glad you like them!

Ryan

Last edited by rrw4258; 07-25-11 at 11:49 AM.
rrw4258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-11, 11:57 AM   #5
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

If they are the same as Big Bite Baits Yo Mama then they are a great bait! The "claws" on the bait are larger and more rounded than most other beavers. They are one of my favorites!
Old 07-25-11, 05:15 PM   #6
carolina-rig-01

I seen them on Janns Netcrafts website before but never really paid them too much attention since I use Reaction Innovations beavers all the time. But when I got them in the secret santa deal the first thing I noticed is that while they still have the beaver type profile, they look more like a craw than the beavers I have been using. I also noticed how the claws give them a little bigger profile than a beaver which puts the Sweet Craw Jr. right in between the Smallie Beaver and Sweet Beaver in size which is useful to me because a lot of the time I want a little bigger profile than the Smallie Beaver on the back of a jig but I don't want the bulk of the Sweet Beaver, and this bait fills that gap perfectly. If I remember I will post some pictures later of the jig I was using and how good this thing looks on the back of it.
Old 07-25-11, 05:25 PM   #7
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
I seen them on Janns Netcrafts website before but never really paid them too much attention since I use Reaction Innovations beavers all the time. But when I got them in the secret santa deal the first thing I noticed is that while they still have the beaver type profile, they look more like a craw than the beavers I have been using. I also noticed how the claws give them a little bigger profile than a beaver which puts the Sweet Craw Jr. right in between the Smallie Beaver and Sweet Beaver in size which is useful to me because a lot of the time I want a little bigger profile than the Smallie Beaver on the back of a jig but I don't want the bulk of the Sweet Beaver, and this bait fills that gap perfectly. If I remember I will post some pictures later of the jig I was using and how good this thing looks on the back of it.
Sounds good kory, can't wait to see them pics!
Old 07-25-11, 11:16 PM   #8
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
Sounds good kory, can't wait to see them pics!
Me too!!!
Old 07-26-11, 10:16 PM   #9
bamabassman

nice kory. but you know...this isn't helping me ya know. still ain't able to get out jsut yet. MAYBE this weekend?

for real, very nice kicker man.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.