Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 01-25-11, 06:22 PM   #1
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default boring day at work led to good day for the monkey

I had absolutly nothing to do at work today. Surfing the net got boring fast so I went to Gander and bought some clearance baits and some all terrain tackle swim jigs. Then I went to a local tackle store and had them order me a new Falcon Cara Jeff Kreit shakey head rod and several packs of kalins grubs to go on my new swim jigs. When i got back to work I was still bored and ended up at the website for Moaner hooks. Shipping is free over $50 so I have $51 of Moaner hooks headed this way. Oh and this morning I dropped a box in the mail to The Crankin Cracker custom paint shop for him to paint 11 wiggle wart baits for me. Yep , the monkey won.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 06:53 PM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Thats a pretty good monkey haul for sure. Since your so bored, maybe you could pickup a Revo STX for me. My birthday is June 26.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 06:56 PM   #3
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Sometimes,when the monkey is on your leg....Its just easier to let him finish.

Nice haul Kevin
Old 01-25-11, 07:09 PM   #4
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleJaw View Post

Nice haul Kevin
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Thats halarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 08:06 PM   #5
CamG

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro reel View Post
I had absolutly nothing to do at work today. Surfing the net got boring fast so I went to Gander and bought some clearance baits and some all terrain tackle swim jigs. Then I went to a local tackle store and had them order me a new Falcon Cara Jeff Kreit shakey head rod and several packs of kalins grubs to go on my new swim jigs. When i got back to work I was still bored and ended up at the website for Moaner hooks. Shipping is free over $50 so I have $51 of Moaner hooks headed this way. Oh and this morning I dropped a box in the mail to The Crankin Cracker custom paint shop for him to paint 11 wiggle wart baits for me. Yep , the monkey won.
So...what color(s) are we going with? I'm gonna send some Warts and Square Bills to get painted. Thinking mostly craw colors, but also thinking some threadfin colors as well.
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 08:40 PM   #6
pro reel

I asked for 2 of each threadfin shad, BD bluegill, firetiger craw and I'm having him do the rest a red craw that he doesn't have listed. it looks just like the fall craw, but will be with a dark red. He has so many cool paterns that it's hard to decide. the BD blugill is my favorite.
Old 01-25-11, 08:46 PM   #7
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Nice haul Kevin!

Let us know how you like that rod once you get it on the water.

BB
Old 01-25-11, 09:38 PM   #8
bcklash

Quote:
The monkey not only won, the monkey not only finished with your leg, the monkey whupped your arse.

Feels good don't it. Nice haul PR
Old 01-25-11, 09:40 PM   #9
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleJaw View Post

Nice haul Kevin
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Thats halarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes it is. That's funny
Old 01-25-11, 09:44 PM   #10
Tavery5

Just wondering how you are feeling, because that monkey done stomped a mud hole in you.
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 09:51 PM   #11
pro reel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavery5 View Post
Just wondering how you are feeling, because that monkey done stomped a mud hole in you.
Actually pretty good considering LOL, I forgot something though. A guy that works at a tackle shop in Indiana is paying me for his reels service with baits. I should get a box this week with $85 worth of baits in it. Don't know what all is in there but one thing is an LC pointer and several bags of drop shot / shakey head stuff.
Old 01-25-11, 09:56 PM   #12
CamG

Quote:
I asked for 2 of each threadfin shad, BD bluegill, firetiger craw and I'm having him do the rest a red craw that he doesn't have listed. it looks just like the fall craw, but will be with a dark red. He has so many cool paterns that it's hard to decide. the BD blugill is my favorite.
Good choices!

I'm also looking at this guy. He's got some steller Bluegill and Threadfin patterns.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id...20408&aid=3194
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 10:17 PM   #13
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Actually pretty good considering LOL, I forgot something though. A guy that works at a tackle shop in Indiana is paying me for his reels service with baits. I should get a box this week with $85 worth of baits in it. Don't know what all is in there but one thing is an LC pointer and several bags of drop shot / shakey head stuff.
Nice! Baits to throw on that Squirrel Tail rod!

BB
Old 01-25-11, 11:08 PM   #14
pro reel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamG View Post
Good choices!

I'm also looking at this guy. He's got some steller Bluegill and Threadfin patterns.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id...20408&aid=3194
Barry Weaver, aka crankin cracker, has painted several baits for me in the past. His paint jobs are so nice that it's almost hard to fish with them, they look like they should be in a glass case on the wall. They might not make a huge difference to the fish, but they are a huge confidence booster.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.