Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 12-16-05, 08:19 AM   #1
jreaneau
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Weekly Lake Fork Report From Guide Jim Reaneau

Well, the weather is has been up and down. The days have been very mild and fishable. The midday and afternoon bite has been better. This gives the water a little time warm and get the fish moving. The best bait this time of year will be the best bait till the end of march. The ever popular RED LIPLESS CRANK bait. This bait will be tied on one of my rods till the end of March. The best key is to cover water and when you get a bite work this are over good. Several passes over the area may yield several more bass. Cover water from 3 to 15 feet deep with bait. Some of these fish maybe suspended in the timber or just out along the grass. This time of year is like summer fishing as all the fishing reports will sound like last week. A ¾ ounce spinner bait is another good bait to work these areas and out deep. Slow rolling this bait is a must. Unlike the lipless crank bait this bait will require a very slow retrieve. The big spoon sold at Weedless Lures has been another good deep water bait. Just cast out this bait and lift your rod and let the bait flutter back down. The bit pay be a small tick or just get heavy.
Flipping a jig in and around grass and timber is a good big bite approach. I like to double skirt my jigs this time of year so they will fall a little slower. ½ ounce to 3/8 ounce are my choices and black and blue and black neon are my color choices. Line size is 20 mono. Braided can be used with no problem this time of year and maybe a good choice.
The late afternoons can warm up the water and about and hour before dark maybe your best time to fish if you want a almost grantee to catch a few fish. I would still look deep and work these fish with a drop shot. Slow movement of the bait maybe your best approach. Putting a Wave Worm Shadich in shad color or a Lake Fork Tackle Magic Shad in the same color on a jig head and fished out deep can get you a good bite.
The crappie have been good on the main lake points and 25 to 35 foot of water has been the key depth. Look for boats or look for bait fish and fish around them.
Just remember to work your way into a group of boats slowly, don’t blast in and shut down. Remember to keep the first twenty five you catch and twenty five is the limit per person.
Next weekend is that wonderful time of the year for family and friends. CHRISTMAS. It is not to late to get a guided fishing trip for that some one you just can’t find a gift for. I can send you a Gift Certificate Via email.
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088
jreaneau is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.