Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-07, 10:22 AM   #1
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default It's That Time Fella"s

Before the season gets into full tilt boogey, and your out there trying to set the water on fire, running the trim to the moon ...............ITS PM TIME. Thats periodic maintence for your boat. CHECK CHECK and did I mention CHECK everything. Bolts,nuts,electrical connections, battery fluids, trim fluid levels, change that lower unit fluid AND the impellar (if ya havent done it in the last 2 years) new plugs. I mean check everything. Get out all those slip sinkers sitting in the corner, last years viennie sausages (you can munch on them while your doing the work) and those gooey ole worms that seem to get in places I didnt even know excisted in a boat. All hoses and connections pumps clean the livewells. DONT FOGET THE TRAILER. repack the bearings,check lights and connections. Tire pressure and the spare. Dont forget nutttin. Remeber you cant fish if ya dont get the boat to the water. And for those of you that own 4 strokes CHANGE YOUR OIL.............that jus dont sound right.......kinda like..............Goober I cant go fishin I got change da earl in da mota............Who woulda figurd.
Old 01-28-07, 02:37 PM   #2
HOG Ranger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Nice post! It all starts in the garage a month or so before season opens so there should be no worries once you launch.

One other thing, if you didn't add Stabil to your gas you should empty it and fill with new. Gas doesn't keep like it used to and tends to breakdown when sitting for a few months. Keep it for your lawnmower but don't run it with the boat.
HOG Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-07, 04:45 PM   #3
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

fastlaser,
its 8 degrees out here and you want to go outside and get the boat ready? ROFL
Its a late march thing around here for us northern hillibillies...right now we'all are making our igloo's for some icefishing shanty
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-07, 06:13 PM   #4
HOG Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
fastlaser,
its 8 degrees out here and you want to go outside and get the boat ready? ROFL
Its a late march thing around here for us northern hillibillies...right now we'all are making our igloo's for some icefishing shanty
I put new line on all of my reels today and got cold running out to the garage, climbing in the boat and retrieving them from the rod locker.
HOG Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-07, 06:48 PM   #5
boater

been working on mine all winter almost there lower unit is in basement ( so as not to freeze) sanded and repainted ,changed lube,new waterpump( ever spring). reels all cleaned new line ,GPS,rods,tackle organized jack plate changed.boat buffed and waxed,trailer checked , .....I am about ready I think.
boater is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.