Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-07, 04:29 PM   #1
Gunny BBS
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Potomac Bite is still on!!

The tide is effecting it more now, but I got out last thursday night from 3 to 6:30 and boated over 25 fish, alot more small one this day but still managed a nice limit around 17lbs.

Saturday the Noreastern I thought would mess things up!!! Boy was I wrong!! If you weren't catching fish on the Potomac this weekend, take up golf!! They were flat out ripping the rod out of my hands on a chatterbait and a Baby 1-!!!! High tide was the best, boated over 35 fish all over 15 inches best 5 were around 21lbs!!!

I believe this is going to be one of the best years on the Potomac in the last 5!!!

Now granted the fish had moved to wood on Saturday due to the front, but they were stacked on the wood at high tide, both side, you wanted to start on the outside and work you way in. You might catch 2 to 4 fish off one piece of wood!!
PRO's Soft~Bait Glue
Cooks Go to Tackle Systems
HeavyCover.com
Gary Yamamoto Cust Baits

Gunny BBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 10:58 PM   #2
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Sounds like what happened a bunch of years ago. I fished a BFL tournament as a co-anlger and we whacked 'em all day long on wood. Every piling we fished had chunky bass on them. Most of which were under the 15" limit but we still caught some good fish. I missed or broke off some quality fish that day. The bass would pick up the bait and run. Once you set the hook the fish were 15-20' away from the wood with your bait. I switched to a rod with braided line and didn't lose a fish the rest of the day. If I remember correctly it was cool up until July and really threw off the normal summer pattern.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.