Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-06, 03:43 AM   #1
George_Welcome
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Stick Marsh/Farm 13 - Top water all day

Submitted 5/20/06 by Scott
When the weather cooperates the bass fishing has been excellent. We have had a few minor cold fronts push through Florida and the strong north winds slowed fishing down for two days this week. The bass are spread out along the entire south end of the farm everywhere you find wood. Most day's the top water bite has been good but if the bass are not willing to play with the Chug Bugs then Senko's have been wearing them out. The water levels are perfect for excellent bass fishing, but they do make boat handling work.

5/17/2006
I had out Tom Sell from Lakeland, FL. Unfortunately a cold front moved in and we where greeted with 20+mph north winds which makes the south end of the Farm very difficult to fish. We started in the spillway using Carolina rigged Senkos. There was minimum current and the bass where not hitting. We managed to catch one bass and one cat fish before leaving to head to the south end of the Farm. We started out tying off on stumps and working the areas with Senko's. We managed to catch a few bass but nothing like we have been doing. As the day progressed the wind let up a little and we were able to work the area using the trolling motor. While the bass never turned on we did managed to catch 18 bass by the time we called it a day at 2:30pm.

5/18/2006
I had out Marshall Terkel and his friend Barry from Boca Raton, FL. The winds laid down some and we where hopeful the bass would cooperate. We never had a good top water bite so we switched over to Senko's immediately. We picked at them all day but with the high barometer the bass never really turned on. By the end of the day we had around 25 bass with Barry catching the biggest bass of the day.

5/19/2006
I had out returning client Reid Ofseur and his son Pierce from Port Orange, FL. Reid brought along his friend Dave from New Mexico. We left the ramp at 6:30am and the wind was blowing 20mph out of the WNW. We headed to the south end of the Farm and began throwing Chug Bugs and Senko's and found out right away the bass wanted the Senko. We worked the area and caught 4 bass pretty quickly. With the wind blowing I decided to head west to see if we could get some break from the wind. We added 1/16oz weights to the Senko's to get them down and right after I put the trolling motor in the water a bass was already coming in the boat. We where catching bass on almost every cast and then Pierce hooked into a big bass. Pierce did an excellent job getting the bass out of the heavy wood and landed his new biggest bass which weighed in at 7.75lbs. We continued to catch bass all day and Dave got into the big bass action landing a nice 6.5lbs bass. Unfortunately Reid lost his big bass of the day but that's the way it goes sometimes. By the time we called it a day at 2:30pm a grand total of 78 bass made there way into the boat.

Pierce Ofseur

Dave

5/20/2006
I had out local returning client Jim Tso and his friend John. The winds where down but the fog was thick so we took are time and headed to the south end of the lake. We started in the same area as the day before and the bass started hitting top water plugs right away. The 5th bass of the day was a beautiful 9lbs bass on a Chug Bug. The top water bite lasted until the fog lifted and then just shut off. We switched over to Senko's and started catching bass right away. Jim was working a Big Mama Worm when he set the hook and the fight was on. After a great fight Jim landed a beauty weighing in at 8lbs. Jim also landed a 6.5lbs bass on a Senko type. By the time we called it a day at 2:30pm we caught 57 bass up to 9lbs.

Jim Tso

Jim Tso
Jim Tso
Old 05-25-06, 09:22 AM   #2
flbassman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Daggone, that bass that pierce had was nice. What does a day with you run? JUst curious right now, but I might call later.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.