Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-09, 06:10 PM   #1
Bgolladay
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Spinnerbaits

Im in the market for 2 or 3 new spinnerbaits and im wanting some that come with trailer hooks so i was thinking strike king...also what hooks could i use for trailer hooks or my spinnerbaits i have already? anyways i was wondering what colors work best for you guys on spinnerbaits
Bgolladay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-09, 06:27 PM   #2
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I really like the Strike King bleeding trailer hooks. They are available at most walmarts and have superior keepers. Apparently Owner also makes trailer hooks, although I have never seen them in stores. They are among the sharpest hooks you can get.

As for the spinnerbait? A lot of people use or customize spinerbaits. My brand familiarity is down a little, but I do like the Hank Parker classic in general. Just wish it had an open eye. Hart also makes a pretty good spinnerbait.
Old 08-02-09, 09:13 PM   #3
wareagledc
BassFishin.Com Active Member

WAR EAGLE chartruse and white.
wareagledc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-09, 09:23 PM   #4
Bassboss

Terminator baby!

Color guide:

Clear water

As far as color, and blades sizes, I like chartreuse for most conditions, if the water is super clear I'll use a white skirt with some translucent skirt strands, silver blades are also better for clear water. It's nice to have flash strands for clear water too. ^^ There's a good example of one! A smaller 1/4 oz size is best.

Strained water

For colors in stained water with a visibility of 10 feet or less, I like chartreuse and white skirts, with no flash skirts strands, or translucent skirts strands. You need a bigger profile bait so the bass can find it better in the stained water, so a 3/8oz is what I use!

Chocolate, and murky water

When I fish murky, or Chocolate milk colored water, it's good to have spinnerbaits with florescent colors, such as red, yellow, chartreuse, and orange; the brighter the better! It really helps the bass see it a little better. You need a bigger profile bait so the bass can find it better in the muddy water -- even more so than in stained water, so a 1/2 oz is what I use!
Old 08-02-09, 09:26 PM   #5
wareagledc
BassFishin.Com Active Member

is the red one a war eagle? never saw that color on one looks good
wareagledc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-09, 09:27 PM   #6
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagledc View Post
is the red one a war eagle? never saw that color on one looks good
Yup! Sure is! War eagles look great! I've never used them though!

these are terminators.

Old 08-03-09, 07:08 AM   #7
keithdog

I've always been a Terminator fan, but this year I am killin the bass on the Strike King KVD series of spinnerbaits. It's an amzing spinnerbait. I also make my own which is great fun and allows you to come up with any combo you want to try.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-09, 07:20 AM   #8
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
I've always been a Terminator fan, but this year I am killin the bass on the Strike King KVD series of spinnerbaits. It's an amzing spinnerbait. I also make my own which is great fun and allows you to come up with any combo you want to try.
I actually started toying with that idea yesterday, after I heard a "snap" and waved byebye to my spinnerbait as it sailed into the lily pads!
I prefer the looped tie off point vs the open, since I use swivels, and they're not as common.

Last edited by MallenManson; 08-03-09 at 08:16 AM.
MallenManson is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.