Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bass Classifieds

Old 04-10-07, 06:28 PM   #1
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default EBBTIDE Boat ?

Hello , anyone know if EBBTIDES are any good , perticuluraly an 84 model 15' , I found one that has been in a garage all its life , and of course very good condition , hes asking 2500.00 for it , if I can sell it for more than that , I would buy it , to resale.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 03:48 AM   #2
FlyRod

IF...it's an Ebbtide DYNA-TRAK, and has at least a 150 hp on it then it might be a great buy. I had one for a short while (pre-HydraSport) and thought the world of it.
Of course, you'll need to have it checked out THOROUGHLY by a certified mechanic, engine-wise, and someone who REALLY knows fiberglass (and wood in the build). If all checks out well and you are willing to drop maybe another 2K on upgrades, then it should be a fine rig.
The DYNA-TRAK is a VERY stable casting platform, and a handsome boat as well. It IS a little heavy for it's length and beam, but solid as a rock.

LF
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 03:56 PM   #3
Gunny BBS
BassFishin.Com Member

My father fished for Dyna Trak for years in the eighties. They were called Dyna Trak by Ebbtide. And a 15 foot had a max hp rating of 115 hp. They were a deep vee glass boat that preformed very well for it's time. If you are not going to be fishing very large water and the price is say less then 3k and boat looks like it's in good shape, I think you will be very happy with it. My father's last one is still in use today on the St. John's River in Fl. His best friend bought it from him.
PRO's Soft~Bait Glue
Cooks Go to Tackle Systems
HeavyCover.com
Gary Yamamoto Cust Baits

Gunny BBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 04:31 PM   #4
FlyRod

My bad! I misread the "15 foot" part, confusing it with the larger model Dyna-Trak. NEVER overpower a boat! (or underpower it either).
All I can recall is based on the high degree of fishability of the larger one, but I'd say Gunny's advice is sound.

Remember that almost all boats of that era had some wood in them, usually in the transoms, but often in the stringers and decking as well. Have THAT checked out by a pro before you buy.

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-07, 10:31 PM   #5
OUTLAW
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I own an 82 ebbtide,It was in great shape when I bought it.I love the boat,It has removable fishing seats,front& back fishing platforms,60hp Evinrude,.Trolling motor.Its a good.well built boat.I can even use it for water skiing.
What kind of motor on the boat?
OUTLAW is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.