Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-06, 10:06 AM   #1
omahabasser
BassFishin.Com Member

Default I struck out last night

My son, nephew, and I struck out last night at our pond. Its getting really hot now and I'm sure the fishing will slow way down.

The only thing I caught was a really really small blue gill about 2 inches long. Damn thing grabed the tail of my worm and wouldn't let go till I pulled it out of the watter and on to the bank!

I hooked him by the lips and tossed him out to use as live bate. Not more than 30 seconds later my rod bent over. Something HUGE hit my little friend! But as quick as it happened it stopped and the monster took my lively little friend to a wattery grave without the chance of a hook set. There is always next week!
omahabasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-06, 10:41 AM   #2
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahabasser
My son, nephew, and I struck out last night at our pond. Its getting really hot now and I'm sure the fishing will slow way down.

The only thing I caught was a really really small blue gill about 2 inches long. Damn thing grabed the tail of my worm and wouldn't let go till I pulled it out of the watter and on to the bank!

I hooked him by the lips and tossed him out to use as live bate. Not more than 30 seconds later my rod bent over. Something HUGE hit my little friend! But as quick as it happened it stopped and the monster took my lively little friend to a wattery grave without the chance of a hook set. There is always next week!
That's a pretty crummy way to treat a "friend". Poor little guy.

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-06, 10:51 AM   #3
omahabasser
BassFishin.Com Member

FlyRod -- The poor little guy was just asking for it. The stupid thing would not let go of that worm. It had to be done. Regardless of my actions, he was going to end up as bass food one way or another imo.
Old 06-29-06, 11:47 AM   #4
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

oma,
try fishing the deeper areas of water for bigger summertime bass, any plastic will work..I target 7-9 feet clear up to 15-20 on lake dropoffs, if you are ata pond, try the deeper areas
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-06, 12:11 PM   #5
omahabasser
BassFishin.Com Member

JB - I enjoy your avatar's!!!

This pond is what they call a sedament pond. It's probably 5 or 6 feet deep at most, and those spots are not reachable from shore.

Its a man made pond about 5 or 6 years old. The state stocks these to keep mosquitos and such under control. There seems to be a GREAT abundance of really small blue gill's and such which explains the fat bass in the lake.

I've always wanted to try a float tube and this might work for me, but Wednesday nights are my night to take the youngsters out fishing. We may have to fish for blue gills in the summer.
Old 06-29-06, 12:21 PM   #6
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

with friends like you ,who needs enemies.lmao
Old 06-29-06, 01:38 PM   #7
omahabasser
BassFishin.Com Member

Bassintom- Just be glad you aren't a 2 inch blue gill that crossed my path!
Old 06-29-06, 09:57 PM   #8
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Well you should have poured her a few more drinks then. Next time wait till she's plowed before reaching up her, er never mind.

Lizards

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.