Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-11, 11:44 AM   #1
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Bubba and c-rigs day out

Bubba Bruiser and his family headed north to Branson for vacation so yesterday Britney, Lake, and I got up early and were south bound and down to meet up with my old buddy Curado and his family. We had a slight glitch in the begining though because Bubba called me when we were about 10 miles outside of Branson and told me that they would have to find a doctor to take their oldest son Dillon to because he had a problem with his throat. So while Flea (Bubbas wife) took the big man to get his throat checked out the rest of the crew went on the Bass Pro at the Branson Landing. With in a few hours the big man was out of the doctor and the Elkins/Johnson crew were painting the town. We had lunch and then shopped till we dropped. We walked up and down the landing which is a long strip of some really cool stores that run along the edge of Lake Taneycomo. We had a great time and it was really nice to finally get to meet one of the members that I talk to a lot on here. A few years back Britney and I went to the Kentucky Lake get together where we met several members and were blown away with how good of people we have on here. I have always said that one of the most amazing things about this site is when I have finally had the chance to meet a member from this site I have yet to be disapointed and that still holds true. Bubba is a great guy and has an awesome family. How in the world Flea keeps track of 3 young boys while Bubba is playing offshore I will never know but I was really impressed with the kind of kids they are raising and it was great to spend a day with them.

I know that Bubba and Flea have a lot of pictures and maybe he will post some of them when he gets a chance, but here is a picture that some members got in a text already of Bubba and I getting our grub on.

carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-11, 12:56 PM   #2
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I'm glad you guys finally got the chance to hook up. I'm with you Kory, all the guys I've had the pleasure of meeting from this forum have been great guys. There are several others, you and Bubba included, that I can't wait to meet in person. Hopefully we can plan another get together soon. We have a great group of people here, the best!
Old 07-11-11, 01:03 PM   #3
Tavery5

That's very cool. I am glad you guys were able to hook up. I will also say that the people I have had an opportunity to meet in person from the board have all been very nice people. You know what they say, " Birds of a feather, flock together".

Glad you guys had a great time.
Old 07-11-11, 01:14 PM   #4
MississippiBoy

Yep, ol' Bubba's a good guy. Glad you two could get together for a little bit, Kory, especially since your midwest member get-together didn't work out.

I've had the pleasure of sharing a boat with each of those guys in that picture, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I swear, one day I'm gonna get Bubba to meet me here and we'll take a road trip to Grand or Table Rock or some lake up that way somewhere...
Old 07-11-11, 01:15 PM   #5
66KingFisher

Thats great that you guys were able to get together......Did ya'll wet a hook by chance?
Old 07-11-11, 01:24 PM   #6
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
I'm glad you guys finally got the chance to hook up. I'm with you Kory, all the guys I've had the pleasure of meeting from this forum have been great guys. There are several others, you and Bubba included, that I can't wait to meet in person. Hopefully we can plan another get together soon. We have a great group of people here, the best!
I agree Joe, you are on my "must fish with" list. I would like to try again with a get together next year if it works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
Yep, ol' Bubba's a good guy. Glad you two could get together for a little bit, Kory, especially since your midwest member get-together didn't work out.

I've had the pleasure of sharing a boat with each of those guys in that picture, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I swear, one day I'm gonna get Bubba to meet me here and we'll take a road trip to Grand or Table Rock or some lake up that way somewhere...
You just let me know what lake and when and I will be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66KingFisher View Post
Thats great that you guys were able to get together......Did ya'll wet a hook by chance?
When he first started planning this deal out the plan was for Britney and I to drag the boat down there and stay for a few nights. Bubba and I were gonna go fishing for a day or two while the girls did whatever it is that girls do. But there were some unexpected last minute adjustments to the time frame and fishing just wasn't in the cards this time. But we did get to walk around Bass Pro for a few hours and talk about fishing if that counts for anything lol.
Old 07-11-11, 01:46 PM   #7
WaffleJaw

Very cool...Sounds like ya'll had a blast!
Post this photo in the chat,and Ill re-draw it for you;p
Old 07-11-11, 01:52 PM   #8
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleJaw View Post
Very cool...Sounds like ya'll had a blast!
Post this photo in the chat,and Ill re-draw it for you;p
HAHAHAHAHA No thanks, I have a feeling I know how that would turn out.
Old 07-11-11, 07:04 PM   #9
bamabassman

i just want to know if branson is still standing? hahahahahaha!!! i too have had the honor of meeting these 2 fine families. this gives me hope for the future folks. with families like these, we are in great shape. now maybe one day when we can....or win the lottery, we can ALL meet up and jsut share fish stories and wet a line or 3. glad you guys ahd fun!!
Old 07-11-11, 08:20 PM   #10
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I too have got to meet a few guys on here and it has been a pleasure everytime. Poor Dylan ended up having strep but we kept him clear of the little ones. I think Carson met a lifelong fishing buddy in Lake. Kory and Britt are awesome people too. Who knows, there might be a physco serial killer among us, but I think I am at ease with Kory. I have also got to hang with 601 Boy, Bama, and Bender. And I talk to quite a few guys either by text or call frequently. I hope a bunch of us can get together one day, but I will settle for 1 at a time for the time being hahahahah.
Old 07-11-11, 08:24 PM   #11
Bubba_Bruiser

And Bama, Branson is still standing minus a few bathrooms after the Taco Bell experience.
Old 07-11-11, 09:39 PM   #12
bamabassman

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!
Old 07-11-11, 10:02 PM   #13
keithdog

Thats great that you were able to get together and spend some time together. And your so right about the folks here. It's a great family we have here in the forums. I found that out first hand in Alabama this year. I only regret living so far from so many of the folks I'd like to spend more time with.
Old 07-11-11, 10:09 PM   #14
bcklash

Sounds like a GET TOGATHER
Bubba, I've met Kory and Britney, great people and I've met a few others on here, class acts all of them, even Kevin.
Glad ya'll had a great tme.
Old 07-11-11, 10:55 PM   #15
Bassboss

Looks like yall had a blast! I didn't think a revo and a curado guy could ever get along that good! haha
Old 07-11-11, 11:09 PM   #16
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
Looks like yall had a blast! I didn't think a revo and a curado guy could ever get along that good! haha
There were a few jabs thrown at each other over our reel selections. We were saved by the bell though because when we were at Bass Pro we were approaching the reel counter to have a little throw down when he got the call that Dylan was out of the Dr. and he had to go pick them up. I say that he lost by forfeit finally we can all agree that a Revo is way better than a Curado lol.
Old 07-12-11, 12:21 AM   #17
Bubba_Bruiser

And then there was the crayon match on the table at Garfields. I say my penmanship was superior to pull me ahead. It just goes to show my hands are less cramped from using a better reel.
Old 07-12-11, 12:27 AM   #18
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Bruiser View Post
And then there was the crayon match on the table at Garfields. I say my penmanship was superior to pull me ahead. It just goes to show my hands are less cramped from using a better reel.
In my defense the reason my penmanship was so poor is because I was using a crayon that my son ate the point off of and it was still slobbery.

How is Dylans throat? Is Tanner still ok after the faceplant in the shrubs outside of Bass Pro? I can't believe that Carson almost got carried off by that Yellow Jacket that dropped the dead locust on him while he was sleeping.

Lake has been saying "Carson" all day long. He misses his new buddy.
Old 07-13-11, 06:43 PM   #19
66KingFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
But we did get to walk around Bass Pro for a few hours and talk about fishing if that counts for anything lol.
Yes, it does....lol....Almost counts as fishin in my book.....hehehe
Old 07-14-11, 11:34 AM   #20
rrw4258

Kory and Bubba, that is awesome that you guys got to get together to hang out for the day.

We headed to Branson last August, and it was by far the most fun vacation that I have ever been on. We stayed at the Ramada Resort in Branson, and did alot of the tourist shows and other attractions. I absolutley love the area out there and I look forward to returning there. When it's time to move out of the folks place after college is done, I am seriously considering moving to your neck of the woods.

Ryan
Old 07-14-11, 09:52 PM   #21
Backwater Charlie
BassFishin.Com Active Member

You know, I've never met a single guy in person from this site. As I know of, anyway..
Old 07-15-11, 12:27 AM   #22
Bubba_Bruiser

You should get out more then.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.