Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-11, 11:18 AM   #1
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Road Trip to NE

Made a road trip to visit family for the 4th and took a couple pics of NJ Turnpike of areas that you see in the intro to "The Sopranos" which you can see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUT07eZoXPw. Bridge is the same but from different angle.

Also had to make a pit stop in RI and decided to see if Grant and Jason were working.

And as always with a trip to the Cape I've got to show at least one meal. Funny that people pay so much money for Blue crabs in the Mid-Atlantic region and the Stone crab caught off the the Cape are sold at less than $2 a pound. Amazing because these crabs are huge, very sweet, and produce so much more meat than a Blue crab. Four crabs fill up the platter.

And I couldn't leave out dessert Lemon meringe pie (Bama's favorite....) and of course my reaction after the first bite....."Son!"

More pics to follow....I haven't been to the beach yet or fishing....something is wrong!!!

Last edited by 3dkicker; 07-03-11 at 11:27 AM.
3dkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-11, 12:13 PM   #2
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Looks like a blast!! And them carbs.. oh boy them crabs....
Old 07-03-11, 09:36 PM   #3
bamabassman

<<<thinks this so nasty and mean of smitty.....posting ONE of my favorite deserts without saving ME a slice.
Old 07-04-11, 12:24 AM   #4
3dkicker

Had a second slice tonight....plenty more left but you better get some quick. I've got a feeling that there won't be too much left tomorrow.

I was thinking about visiting OCC on my way home but found the store on the map and it's way too far out of the way. I am going to stop in the Bronx and visit legendary Mike's Deli on Arthur Ave and pick up a little Coppa, Culatello, Prosciutto di Parma, Prosciutto Cotto, Mortadella, Pancetta, or some Soppressata, and maybe some cheese like Asiago, Pecorino, Grana Padano or some Bel Paese or Fontina Val d'Aosta.....Manga!!
Old 07-05-11, 10:07 PM   #5
3dkicker

Here's a few pics from the last couple days. Spent a little time in Chatham, MA and stopped in a shop owned by friends of family. Little jewelry store that was a house back in the 1790's. Yep a little more that 200 years old. From outside you couldn't tell how old it was.

Finally got out to do some fishing. Left Hyannis Harbor at 1pm to catch some flounder and black bass. Went past some expensive homes and past the Kennedy compound as well....don't think you'll be able to see the house. Got out and drifted dropping squid with 8oz weights to the bottom and hopping the bait. Things started slow with the last of incoming tide with bites here and there and an occasional fish being brought to the boat. Finally the tide changed and I started catching plenty of fluke or flounder. Most were in the 15-19" range. Had to throw a bunch back. Never caught a black bass but wanted to. We got in to them pretty good and the captain decided that we had to head back in.... But he's the captain and the trip was for only 4 hours so we headed in. We ended up with 10-12lbs of fish fillets which are currently selling at $9 a pound at the stores so we did ok. Here are some pics.....

This last pic is of a "rip" or sand bar out in the ocean. We caught fish on the front side of it as tide was pushing across it. Once we went over it we also caught some fish but this was the last spot.

Old 07-05-11, 10:15 PM   #6
3dkicker

Few more from today's fishing......

This made the Bait Monkey proud!!!
Old 07-05-11, 10:36 PM   #7
bcklash

Awesome pictures Smitty.
Old 07-06-11, 08:29 PM   #8
bamabassman

fantastic pics smitty. flounder is AWESUM to eat. love it. love the pics man for real. but the one of CABALAS............you should be ashamed............how much did the moneky get you for in there? lol!
Old 07-07-11, 11:15 PM   #9
3dkicker

I took a detour through PA due to traffic and the Monkey blindsided me outside Reading with the Cabelas. I had heard about it but never been there. Of course I had to stop....but the Italian Deli Gorilla and high gas prices had me tapped out. Didn't see anything to spend my last couple $ on. But I did get some pics which I'll post tomorrow.
Old 07-08-11, 11:18 AM   #10
3dkicker

The last of my vacation pics......got a tournament this weekend so hopefully I'll post some pics of big bass on the Bragging Board.

Mike's in little Italy

Any cigar fans?

Fresh! Bama said he had plenty when I offered to pick him up a pound or two...

Cabelas

Too early for Buck Fever??

Gettysburg, PA - It was a long drive so I didn't stop for long.
Old 07-08-11, 05:38 PM   #11
bamabassman

GREAT PICS SMITTY FOR REAL. ONE DAY I WANT TO GO TO GETTYSBURG TOO. SPEND AND ENTIRE WEEK THERE CAUSE THERE IS SO MUCH TO SEE I HEAR.

AND NO..............NO calf brains for me pal. you can keep that for yourself,lol.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.