Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 05-06-09, 04:05 PM   #251
Kevin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
Here's one I got that JB recommended:

http://www.kentuckylake.com/mapsshop.shtml
Thanks Daniel! I see this place sells 2 different Kentucky Lake maps. You think I need the "Kentucky Lake South"?
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-09, 04:43 PM   #252
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Thanks Daniel! I see this place sells 2 different Kentucky Lake maps. You think I need the "Kentucky Lake South"?
I don't think so, Kevin. I'll look at the map agin tonight to be sure, but it looks like it shows from the dam, maybe ~12 miles north of Big Bear, down to the TN/KY border, which is ~16 miles south of us. Unless you're planning on running that far one way or the other, I'd just get the North map.
Old 05-06-09, 05:09 PM   #253
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

You'll need ky lake north only, theres more water there than any of us could ever explore

I am fixing fish and corn on the cob tonight, got me thinking about the trip,

If everyone has an extra lawn chair or folding chair that they could bring to our campsite party it would help, Denny and me carry those simple ones that fits in tube and fold out. It will be nice when we all can stand or sit by the fire and eat and shoot the shyt.
Another thing is the fish fry. I am sure Lisa has her own special way of fixing fish, but I encourage all of us to bring some cooking oil or shortening or virgin olive oil, plus flour or our favorite breading.
My company at work buys and sells chicken breading, but fish breading is a lot better. I like McCormicks golden Dip breading, but there are hundreds on the market...so to ease the burden of what John and LIsa have to bring, I'd like to hear some ideas of what ppl like for breading and what we can bring to help the cook. I got some bi colored sweet corn today, if they still have in next week I'll get 5 or six dozen ears and we can have that to.
I've stayed at most of the condos, cabins and fishing cabins at big bear, all are top notch and have all the pans and kettles to cook with, so I imagine a big kettle for corn will be there if we want to prepare it.
Lets hear some input!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-09, 06:14 PM   #254
bamabassman

jb, i think i have around 6 lawn folding chairs that are EXTRAS. yep found em all,lol. rewebbed em and have a couple to do still. i'll bring the 6 plus my BAMA chair, hahahahahaha. how's that pal? we have a turkey fryer we will use for the fish fry. i don't know WHAT all we are bringing,lmao, but we will most likely have a alot of stuff. we will leave thursday morning. hope to get there and fish a little that evening. kinda scan things out so to speak. make little notes and possibly hinder a couple of rigs (boobie trap), so we can have an advantage, hahahahahaha. ya'll KNOW that i am KIDDING! i ain't do nothing to anyones rig, except look at what is tied on yer rods. it's like zooker said, i NEED all the help i can get, hahahahahaha.

and kevin, the map mb told you about is AWESUM man.

oh yea jb, i will tell lisa to look at this and tell ya'll what she will be using for the fish breading,but i know that if someone wants something else for theirs, she'll do it to their taste. just for a note on this, the cajun breading is totaly fantastic, lemon pepper is too. had both of these. and i ain't one for anything too spicey or hot. and you hit it on the head about the other stuff too jb. it'll work out though and this is GONNA BE THE GREATEST EVENT EVER!! ok,ok,ok......... i'll calm down,lol.
Old 05-06-09, 06:17 PM   #255
zooker

i'll have a bottle of hot sauce -alway tote one-ifin ya like it spicy..

zooker
Old 05-06-09, 06:40 PM   #256
JB

zooker i expect one night we will have a metal fest with denny you n me LOL
Old 05-06-09, 06:46 PM   #257
Kevin
Administrator

Hey guys... would it be easier if I was to create a separate thread where the only thing we are to talk about is whose bringing what?

Also, for those of you who have boated on Kentucky Lake, are there many obstructions that you need to worry about? Any real risks out there for losing a lower unit, or is it wide open?
Old 05-06-09, 06:57 PM   #258
JB

Good question Kevin.

Once you leave the marina to head out to the main lake, you'll see an island on the right with water between it and the mainland...it looks deep but Do Not run through it, its foot or two at best, and you'll see a idiot of two run through it.
The other real low spot is right in the middle of the ky lake itself in front of big bear and kinda towards smiths cove on the other side if you look at the map.
Then as you get across the middle area its deep again and deep on the other side thats all natural, no houses etc.
Zooker and I have compared notes from the map and its well marked where barge lanes are and other traffic areas.
Most of the other areas are easy to navigate, I'd encourage all to explore around Moors resort and coves around it, good fish holding areas and a little dif scenery than big bear and Malcom creek
Old 05-06-09, 07:03 PM   #259
Kevin
Administrator

Thanks for the heads up JB. I'll be sure to make some notes of those areas. It's always tough to get a gauge for how well the local authorities mark hazards and obstructions. Here in MD, especially in the rivers, the marking of horrendous and potentially disastrous hazards is near non-existent.
Old 05-06-09, 07:15 PM   #260
woody

Okay Everybody, I hope you all like baked beans, because I'm planning on making enough to feed an army for supper Thur. Fri. and Sat. nights. I will bring it hot and ready to eat; one less thing all You Cooks to have to mess with. You all can thank me later when the wind starts blowing! LOL

Kevin that would make it allot easier to keep track of, thanks.

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-09, 07:25 PM   #261
JB

Last time woody n me were at brookville lake all the bouy markers and boundry signs had blown to the back of the coves or too the dam, the water rose about six feet and I guess the wind took them for a ride.
Old 05-06-09, 08:22 PM   #262
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Thanks for the heads up JB. I'll be sure to make some notes of those areas. It's always tough to get a gauge for how well the local authorities mark hazards and obstructions. Here in MD, especially in the rivers, the marking of horrendous and potentially disastrous hazards is near non-existent.

sounds like most of the lakes in virginia..

zooker
Old 05-07-09, 01:28 AM   #263
carolina-rig-01

i have both ky lake maps so if anyone decides to run south they can borrow my ky lake south map. also ups just brought my navionics east chip so i will be able to read the lake on the fly instead of trying to read a map while running down the lake.
Old 05-07-09, 10:33 AM   #264
woody

I know BPS stocks those Fishing Hot Spots Maps too, you might check there.

In case any of you have decided to head down(over or up) early, I noticed that Big Bear is offering 20% discounted rates during the weekdays on new reservations. I may be headed down a couple days earlier than I had originally planned, maybe arriving Tuesday instead of Thursday. I'm gonna call down there and see what's still available and will let everyone know for sure of my plans.

If there are any early takers let me know so that we can get together and do some fishin.

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 09:03 PM   #265
bamabassman

hey gang, one thing we will for SURE need to know. WHAT IS THE WEATHER PREDICTION! rain, snow (lol), winds? all this will be needed to us right?
Old 05-07-09, 09:05 PM   #266
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Yeah, that's probably be a good thing to watch. I can check weather on my phone, so it'll help while we're down there.

BB
Old 05-07-09, 09:15 PM   #267
JB

wind is your enemy on the lake thats for sure, you can still hang in big bear if its real bad but its tempting to hit the other coves on the lake that are good, like Jonathan creek

Each condo or cabin has cable and it has the weather channel on it
Old 05-07-09, 09:16 PM   #268
bamabassman

thanks jb, but what are the readings as of now? forcast?
Old 05-07-09, 09:32 PM   #269
MississippiBoy

Weather report earlier today said 60% chance of rain for the Friday and Saturday we're there. Now, it says 0% chance Friday, 30% Saturday. It's till way too early to tell.
Old 05-07-09, 10:15 PM   #270
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Yeah, I hardly trust forcasts for tomarrow, let alone a week from now.

BB
Old 05-07-09, 11:08 PM   #271
WTL

If it gets too terribly windy, I will lead the convoy of trucks to the put in below the dam. There are plenty of ways to find water when its windy.

Rain/storms would suck though, my tent is missing the solid canopy part. It just has mesh on top.

Oh yeah, and the way you guys are planning the food...it would be amazing if yall found any time to fish. I am gonna eat almost nothing.
Old 05-08-09, 04:40 PM   #272
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Yeah, I hardly trust forcasts for tomarrow, let alone a week from now.

BB
15% chance of rain normally turns into 85% your gettin wet..unless it is summer time and the humidity is thumpin..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
If it gets too terribly windy, I will lead the convoy of trucks to the put in below the dam. There are plenty of ways to find water when its windy.

Rain/storms would suck though, my tent is missing the solid canopy part. It just has mesh on top.

Oh yeah, and the way you guys are planning the food...it would be amazing if yall found any time to fish. I am gonna eat almost nothing.
i'll have a spare bed room if ya get too soggy brother love..
Old 05-09-09, 01:04 PM   #273
Kevin
Administrator

Member Event Graphic has been posted on front page of BassFishin.Com.
Old 05-09-09, 01:24 PM   #274
bamabassman

awesum kevin, are YOU ready for this?
Old 05-09-09, 01:32 PM   #275
JB

Man we all must be living right, we dodged a bullet for sure, last night they had a heck of a storm and tornado's go through MO and Ky last nite, next weekend looks great, a lil rain Thursday an sunny the rest of the time.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.