Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-06, 07:34 AM   #1
schick
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Boat Light

I would like to rig up a light to put up over my bass boat, so when we night fish for walleye, we can see what we are doing for tying on jigs and taking off fish, etc. Any suggestions?
schick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-06, 09:43 AM   #2
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by schick
I would like to rig up a light to put up over my bass boat, so when we night fish for walleye, we can see what we are doing for tying on jigs and taking off fish, etc. Any suggestions?
May I suggest that you try a different approach?
A white light suspended over the boat will wreck your night vision, attract myriad insects (mosquitos, tsetse flies, gnats, etc.)
For knot tying, removing a hook from your partner's ear, etc., why not purchase one of the LED lights that clip onto the bill of your cap OR one that features a headband to hold it on? There are plenty of choices for both types.
For fishing, I'd suggest you turn off the headlamp and turn on a gunnel-mounted (suction cups) combination white/UV (blacklight) unit. Those that use fluorescent tubes are relatively inexpensive but are fairly bulky and vulnerable when compared to the one I use, the Nucli-Eye LED unit. There's simply nothing better.

Click here:http://search.netscape.com/ns/boomfr...EyeExteme.html

I can't praise it enough.

Flyrod

PS: The first time I used a cap bill-mounted LED, a small, light, cheap, single bulb unit I bought at the Cabela's in Buda TX, my cap blew off as we drove into the wind in the middle of the lake.
Normally, we'd NEVER have found that hat before it sank but, thanks to the water seeping into the light and causing it to turn on, we found it.
I shook the water out of the light and, now ten months later, it works fine.
Note: A partner of mine has a bill-mounted light with three LEDS. I wonder if his Texas Aand/orM cap will float with that big boy attached. I betcha we find out soon, LOL!

FR

Last edited by FlyRod; 04-23-06 at 09:49 AM.
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.