Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-11, 03:08 AM   #1
bluebasser86
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Took my buddy and his stepson fishing.

Despite extreme temps and to our surprise my friends stepson, Christopher decided to go with us last week. I think it had something to do with me talking to him about the big catfish he'd have a chance to catch at the lake we were going to. We got there really early to try to beat the heat for an hour or so. My second fish of the morning barely made a sound when it sucked down my Cavitron but as you can see by the picture she almost had it swallowed!

Shortly after Christopher got a hit dragging a Tiki Stick on a T-rig and caught a pretty sturdy bass.

Everyone caught several fish but they were pretty much all small fish. It started to get hot and just about the time the frozen shad in my livewell were starting to get ripe, the fish feeders went off. So I motored over and rigged up a piece of shad on one of my baitrunner rods and cast it to the feeder. I didn't even get the rod handed over before a fish took off. After a pretty good fight on a medium spinning rod, Christopher caught the biggest fish he's ever caught!

Didn't weigh it but his biggest fish before this one was a 4lb catfish and it was for sure bigger than that. He caught several more catfish before we got back to bass fishing. It was over 100 degrees by now and we were just getting ready to call it a day when Christopher drug his bait down a sharp drop and hooked his biggest bass of the day. It was probably 3-3.5 pounds and a new PB bass for him!

All and all I think he had a pretty successful day and he had big fish bragging rights between the two of them!

Last edited by bluebasser86; 08-07-11 at 10:23 AM.
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 06:28 AM   #2
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Great pictures, and I can tell you had alot of fun.
Old 08-07-11, 11:45 AM   #3
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Looks like you had a great day.
Old 08-07-11, 12:03 PM   #4
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Nice bunch of fish you guys got! Good day for sure!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.