Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-12, 11:07 AM   #1
LeBron_Hill
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Way to turn a bad thing good...

Well my day started out pretty crappy...Hauled my boat all the way down to West Point Lake and put it in the water...used my trolling motor to get away from the boat ramp due to so much traffic...lower down the motor and go to crank the boat and realized one very important life lesson...ALWAYS check to make sure u have ur boat keys before you leave the house...lol. I was so ticked off that i almost loaded the boat right back up and went home but decided that since i had my trolling motor i would just troll around and get my fix for the day anyways. i had a couple of spots that i had caught fish @ that were within reasonalbe trollin motor range so I just figured i would make a day out of it. After catching a couple of small fish i had somethin tap my worm so i reeled down and set the hook...felt a little heavier than normal then this toad jumped out of the water...damn near had a stroke...i just remember i kept saying to myself, please dont come off, please dont come off. Finally netted her. She was 4.67 lbs on my rapala scale and a little over 21" long. Not a monster by any means but I have been fishing this lake for 2 years and never caught anything bigger than 3 lbs so this fish at least gave me some hope. As you can tell from this short little novel i just wrote u guys, I am still a little excited. Thanks for letting me brag a little.

Last edited by LeBron_Hill; 05-20-12 at 11:12 AM.
LeBron_Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-12, 11:20 AM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

That is a good fish man. Congrats on turning lemons into lemonade.
Old 05-20-12, 11:29 AM   #3
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Nice way to turn things around. that'a a good fish anywhere
Old 05-20-12, 12:47 PM   #4
lilmule

Maybe you should act like you left your keys at home anyway every time you go there.
Ive caught more fish in sight of the ramp when the big motor had problems so generally even though I have my keys start out close n slow,tend to launch near where I want to fish as well,have used about 2-3 gal of gas in three months mostly loading unloading.Go 1/4 mile and shut down,it is nice to be able to push them up with the outboard instead of timing when you pick the troller up and out of the way,gets windy gets tuff.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-12, 12:57 PM   #5
AUFred
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Good fish. Would have made my day.
AUFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-12, 01:03 PM   #6
LeBron_Hill

yeah i have about 5 spots close to where i put in at...the actual spot where i caught this one is about 7-800 yds from the boat ramp...started not to go that far to that spot just in case something happened with the trolling motor since it was so windy...glad that I decided to take that chance now...
Old 05-20-12, 01:33 PM   #7
Bob Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBron_Hill View Post
yeah i have about 5 spots close to where i put in at...the actual spot where i caught this one is about 7-800 yds from the boat ramp...started not to go that far to that spot just in case something happened with the trolling motor since it was so windy...glad that I decided to take that chance now...
WTG LeBron! Westpoint is a fun lake to fish. I used to take my keys out of the boat, then I got to the point that I just leave them in there. If someone wants to steal the darn thing it really isn't going to matter anyway. Besides I have replacement coverage so I hope I wouldn't be without a boat for too long.
I guess I need to google up Sharpsburg and see where you're from?
Old 05-20-12, 02:12 PM   #8
LeBron_Hill

u know where Newnan is? I pretty much live in Newnan...down 85 south. West Point is the closest lake to my house even though it is about a hour away. Its fun but definately a tough lake to fish. I grew up fishing Guntersville Lake so anything after that is a bit of a dissappointment...lol.
Old 05-20-12, 10:59 PM   #9
WatterBoy

Way to go, LeBron! That's an awesome fish -- congrats!
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-12, 11:43 PM   #10
keithdog

Great way to turn the day around. Congrats on the nice bass.
Old 05-21-12, 04:56 AM   #11
lilmule

Sharpsburg is a town in Coweta County, Georgia, United States. The population was 316 at the 2000 census
Yes googled it also shaped like a turkey silhouette.
Lots of smaller lakes in the vicinity.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-12, 01:26 PM   #12
woody

Awesome story! I like the title of your post Way To Turn A Bad Thing Good.

Thanks Lebron, for setting a great example for us to follow. Top Notch!

That's a great looking fish too.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-12, 01:51 PM   #13
Bassboss

Real nice fish! Looks like ya had fun!
Old 05-26-12, 04:38 PM   #14
bamabassman

been there, done that with the boat key issue lebron. lol, did that same thing oyu did.fished anyway. BUT i ain't eve had YOUR kind of luck and get a toad, hahaha. great job man.
Old 05-29-12, 06:13 PM   #15
joedog

Nice fish, nice work, GREAT ATTITUDE!
Old 05-30-12, 06:51 PM   #16
LeBron_Hill

well my luck continued thru this past weekend...i got off work early and went home to hook the boat up by myself to go fishing saturday morning. My garage is on the side of my house so i have to turn pretty sharply to get the boat out of the garage...i start pulling down my driveway with boat (driveway is downhill) and i hear something pop...i start easing off the brake and the boat slams to the ground. Like i said we are going downhill so i snatched the wheel left to try to keep the boat from running into the back of the truck. Luckily the safety chains stopped it from sliding. I managed to pick the boat up by myself and flip the jack down. Damn thing snapped the trailer ball off clean. It is a bumper pull and was on the truck when i bought it last year. Dont know what kind of trailer ball it was since it didnt have a name on it but after careful inspection their were lots of air pockets in the metal. I thought those things were solid and not a porous material. Dont know if that could have caused it or the sharp turns coming in and out of the garage but it broke...it was only the 3/4" shaft and not the 1"...needless to say it had me so nervous that i didnt feel like fishing anymore this weekend. Couldnt stop thinking about what would of happened if i were going down the road and it happened...been a ruff 2 weekends for fishing for me...BUT on a positive note, my brand new 1" shank CURT trailer hitch showed up today and will be on this weekend so I will be wetting a hook come hell or high water! Thanks for the compliments guys...hope to follow it up with some more pics this weekend!
Old 05-30-12, 07:34 PM   #17
bamabassman

dadgum lebron....murphy has got you good buddy. but i love oyur attitude man.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.