Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-06, 10:32 AM   #1
HuckFinn
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to HuckFinn
Default What is with all the fights???

I joined this site awhile ago because it was the best that I found.
The other sites had what this one DID NOT bad language, ( even part of the word and ** or such) fights between uses. They also had people registering just to cause trouble. Etc.
This site was not like that. The users were knowledgeable and helpful. Some really stupid things were said, but no one attacked the poster, they just ignored the post.
This site is going down hill rather fast. I just finished reading a post about equipment question that had 4 or 5 posts fighting with each other calling others names and such. Why? This media is like a TV set. If you don’t like what is on change the channel!
If you don’t like the post or the poster, don’t comment just go to another post?
I have been attacked a couple of times, I tried to explained my side and apologized if I offended the attacker. I never plan on attacking others, but if I offend someone it is by accident.
It is really sad that this site has fallen to this level. It would be easy for me to go to another site, but I don’t feel like running just yet. How about if we try to make this site as good as it was and then better?
Stop the Fights and concentrate on the information that this site was about
Old 01-19-06, 10:46 AM   #2
PowerBass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

If your refferin to my posts, I apologize for my comments.
Old 01-19-06, 10:51 AM   #3
HuckFinn

PowerBass,
I'm not talking about any one poster or members. The site has just gone down hill with all the fights. I think all the members need to take a hand in cleaning it up. Just think about the posts you are going to send before you send it.
Does it help with the posted question or does it hurt the site.
Old 01-19-06, 10:54 AM   #4
PowerBass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

yeah ya got a point
Old 01-19-06, 11:33 AM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuckFinn
PowerBass,
I'm not talking about any one poster or members. The site has just gone down hill with all the fights. I think all the members need to take a hand in cleaning it up. Just think about the posts you are going to send before you send it.
Does it help with the posted question or does it hurt the site.
You never know at what age the unreg may be. Some 14 and 15 year old kids are on this site. And to hear you speaking of a clubbbing and what appears to be unregs by the river. You may want to think twice before you post. Befor you scream, just how old do you think I am? I fond this post by accident and thought I would showw it back to you. So, Sir you be careful too and not start a fight on this forum.---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't talk, going clubbing!
saw some unreg talkers by the river

Huck

New Jersey: Where the Weak are Killed and Eaten

Old 01-19-06, 11:52 AM   #6
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

If you think this site is at a low point now you are mistaken. A little verbal sparring here or there isn't killing anyone anyways. Its just like real life, you have a place where a bunch of folks meet to talk - and a new guy shows up, act like he knows everything and some of the older regulars don't take it so well - so you get a little argument. Not a fight.
Old 01-19-06, 12:00 PM   #7
Cow Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL
If you think this site is at a low point now you are mistaken. A little verbal sparring here or there isn't killing anyone anyways. Its just like real life, you have a place where a bunch of folks meet to talk - and a new guy shows up, act like he knows everything and some of the older regulars don't take it so well - so you get a little argument. Not a fight.
YAH HEE! The Cow Boy way. WTL! Kick some "BOOOOTIE".

Old 01-19-06, 12:05 PM   #8
HuckFinn

You are correct sir or madam, even though you have taken the post out of context. It was ment as a joke, but perhaps it didn't come off that way. It was also an inside joke to some of the folks on this site who know the story behind it, but most members here don't know that story.
It is human nature to respond to an attack, and after explaining the situation to the attacker, and just being attacked and called names I responded with that comment. Now if you found that comment, perhaps you read the entire thread, which is one of the reasons that I started this thread. Perhaps you did not.
Now I will make all the members who read this post or this thread.
I here by promise to do my best to not attack anyone on this site, I will try to ignor all attacks against me. If someone takes offense to one of my posts I will try to explain why I posted what I did and after one post move on.
I will not continue a thread of hate, nastiness, or stupid comments made about a member.
Also, I will do my best not to respond to unregisterd posters. It is my opinion that many of the unregistered posters on this site, do so only to cause trouble and fights. I also feel that some of the unregistered posters are members who come on as unregs to stir things up.
In closing thank you for your comments about my comments. If I have offened any unregistered posters or readers, I am sorry.
If you can not accept my apology, I suggest you get over it and move on with your life. You should have enough self-esteem, and love your self enough that the comments of some one you do not know have no effect on you.
If I have offened any member of this site, Apologize.
Any MEMBER who would like to know the inside joke about the clubbing comment IM or PM me and I will be happy to let you in on it. It truly is funny!
Old 01-19-06, 12:15 PM   #9
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuckFinn
You are correct sir or madam, even though you have taken the post out of context. It was ment as a joke, but perhaps it didn't come off that way. It was also an inside joke to some of the folks on this site who know the story behind it, but most members here don't know that story.
Should've told the entire joke before you made the statement offensive statement. I for one saw no joke, and don't care to hear you wiggle your way out. Your apology is truly accepted.

Old 01-19-06, 12:52 PM   #10
HuckFinn

OK WTL
Check your PM
Your right about the unregs
It would be nice if the site was different
Old 01-19-06, 01:31 PM   #11
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
You never know at what age the unreg may be. Some 14 and 15 year old kids are on this site. And to hear you speaking of a clubbbing and what appears to be unregs by the river. You may want to think twice before you post. Befor you scream, just how old do you think I am? I fond this post by accident and thought I would showw it back to you. So, Sir you be careful too and not start a fight on this forum.---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't talk, going clubbing!
saw some unreg talkers by the river

Huck

New Jersey: Where the Weak are Killed and Eaten
By the way, I see more fights started on this forum by the regulars than I do by the unregs. But that's beside the point that I want to make..What could possibly be the joke or the jist for you wanting to club an unregistered?? I agree with the other unreg. You should have done the joke before making the sarcastic comment. You were irate about another unregistered who called your hand. The unregistered did not answer with a hateful reply. I did read the entire post, and IMO both of you were pulling each others chains, but you came away being the looser in bad taste..I also agree with with the gentleman that a little argueing will not hurt anyone. I believe you're a good person and want to do well, so my hat is off to you. Have fun, on the post and don't let us unregs bother you.

Closed Thread

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.