Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-11, 06:37 PM   #1
MO_CPA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Post Spawn fishing Flooded Lake

Hello Friends,

In a week I will be going to Table Rock Lake. As some of you may know, this lake is currently 11-12' high.

Could you provide any hints as to lure selection and technique for such a situation.

I appreciate your help!

PS - I think I orignally posted under wrong category - I will delete original thread.
Old 06-16-11, 09:34 PM   #2
MO_CPA

No advice?

C'mon guys, I want to catch my first official pig...lol
Old 06-17-11, 02:54 PM   #3
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I was chatting with someone that had a tourney on table rock last weekend. He said bass were in both spawn and post spawn. He'd be flipping flooded bushes, and casting 10" worms to the outsides of 'em. I'd imagine they'd on a similar pattern right now.

I think their's a few folks here that fish table rock.. give 'em some time and I think you'll find some help!
Old 06-17-11, 04:52 PM   #4
Bob Smith
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

That's C-rig's country ain't it? Sight unseen I would think that Bassboss offered some pretty good advice. Always keep a weightless Super fluke handy too!
Old 06-17-11, 08:54 PM   #5
MO_CPA

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help. What would you use for colors? Would you use a bullet weight?

On the flukes, you work them weightless with a offset hook, right? Any color suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 06-17-11, 09:03 PM   #6
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO_CPA View Post
Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help. What would you use for colors? Would you use a bullet weight?

On the flukes, you work them weightless with a offset hook, right? Any color suggestions?

Thanks!
Yeah, use a bullet weight on the worms for sure. Has far a colors, use what ever you have confidante in. But don't let the hold you back from experimenting with different colors till you find what they like.
Old 06-17-11, 09:11 PM   #7
MO_CPA

Thanks Bassboss. I have always been confident in the pumpking or watermelon pepper colors. I have always liked the pearl white for flukes. I will give them a go.

Thanks!
Old 06-18-11, 07:07 AM   #8
walkeraviator

Is Table Rock still Gin clear when it gets that high? If so I woudl stick with the colors you mentioned... Green Pumpkin, Watermelon. For the Fluke I would try smoked shad if it is that clear. If it is stained up good, may wanna go with Black/Blue, Black Neon on the worms.

I find a lot of luck when the water is high... throwing crankbaits and spinnerbaits along the original shoreline along the bottom.
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-11, 09:46 AM   #9
Bob Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO_CPA View Post

Thanks!
On the Flukes, Yes on a 3/0 or 4/0 Gammy offset roundbend hook is my go to. Lot's of guys like the wide gaps, I don't get as good of a hookset with the wide gaps. Colors, well that lake is usually pretty darned clear. My standard go to is low light = White Pearl, Bright sunlight = Smoking Shad or Silver Rainbow, or Glimmer Blue. I also insert about a third of a nailweight between the hook crook and hook point and texpose my hook point. This makes casting better and creates a faster sink-rate that falls level (good for reaction bites). Coat the whole thing liberally with a garlic/shad concoction and hang on.
Old 06-18-11, 07:40 PM   #10
carolina-rig-01

Like I said in the other thread, I can't give much first hand information since I haven't been on Table Rock for a while now. But for a jumping off place I would start by fishing long gravel points and secondary points at the mouths of creeks and then start hopping points on your way towards the backs of these creeks. Another thing to try is fishing jigging spoons around channel swings, and deeper docks over these channel swings will probably be a great place to fish these spoons. You might hit 20 docks before you find the right one but when you find it they can be stacked up on it. Community docks with several slips are very good for this technique because you can work several depths around the same dock which will cut down on time spent searching for that magic depth. Speaking of Magic depths it seems like every year there is a magic depth that the majority of the fish will hold at and when you find it, it's game on (the last few years the depth has been around 30'). Always have a topwater bait ready to roll, especially in the mornings because a school of fish can pop up at any time and you can have some fast action with some big spots and smallies, spooks are tough to beat but also wake baits get a lot of bites from guys especially through cedar tree tops. I am not saying that Bassboss got bad information but I can't believe that there are still spawning fish this late, but that lake has fooled me before lol. One thing I have noticed a lot when Table Rock is high is that the fish sometimes tend to hang around the normal water line, so if it's 10' high try fishing where the water line would normally be if all else fails. It seems to hold true more so in the spring than the summer but if the lake is that far behind like Bassboss heard then it may still come into play. There are lots of reports in the Table Rock forum on ozarkanglers.com from guides as well as members who spend a lot of time on the lake so I am sure you can find some useful information there as well. Good luck!
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.