Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-05, 06:29 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default wow i didnt know...

hey all the guys how gave me some tips on ''please help'' thanks alot.
But one thing, i didnt know that what you wear can effect the fishing ??
How is that... it makes sence but is that what fish are really looking at is the colors out of the water??

thanks
keep realin~m~in
i love this sport im glade im starting when im 15
Old 09-05-05, 06:37 PM   #2
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

In real clear shallow water it can make a difference. Like us, they can see a day-glow color better than camo in outdoor settings.
Old 09-05-05, 07:15 PM   #3
JB

I wear a lot of tattoo's for camo, seems to be working LOL
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-05, 09:10 PM   #4
zooker

lol is that what it is for jb

zooker
Old 09-06-05, 08:27 AM   #5
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB
I wear a lot of tattoo's for camo, seems to be working LOL
LMAO JB I can see it now. Some young guy is talking to his parents, and explaining the benefits of the whole body tattoo he is wanting. Look mom and dad it will help me catch more fish, thereby helping feed the family, thereby helping everyone lead a more joyful and pleasant life. Plus if I do real well, I could turn pro, and make millions But without the tattoo, I will not have these oportunities

Lizards
Old 09-06-05, 08:47 AM   #6
flfireman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Don't forget, "CHICKS DIG IT!"
Old 09-06-05, 10:35 PM   #7
Dyas

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

I wear camo when I am fishing clear shallow water which is what I do a lot of..........
Old 09-07-05, 02:25 PM   #8
jbfisher
BassFishin.Com Member

I didnt know fish cared what you wore?
jbfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-05, 02:29 PM   #9
JB

Lizards ,

I think the chemicals at work are gettin to ya bro~ lol..I'm getting new work this sat....can't wait!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-05, 05:19 PM   #10
basstech
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Bass can see flourescents better than people actually. Yout don't have to wear camo...just wear colors that are natural to the environment. Sky blue, green, Yellow is ok, white or gray seem to be ok. Don't wear red or chartreuse though. Unless the water has less than 2' visibility. That biologist/scientist guy that works for berkley did all these studies on that stuff. I got the info. from some guys in South Carolina I know.
Old 09-09-05, 09:05 AM   #11
Mac1

US Navy research on boat hulls concludes that light gray is the most difficult to see when sillouetted against the sky. So, if you are against the sky to the fish, gray would be the way to go. If against trees, browns, greens, camo....

Blue herons are mostly gray, cranes are grey for the most part, here in Tennessee a dark green feathered green heron is also a successful small fish hunter.
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-05, 08:53 PM   #12
angelus40

Quote:
Originally Posted by flfireman
Don't forget, "CHICKS DIG IT!"
i thought they dug scars
angelus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-05, 04:12 PM   #13
bassfisher02

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelus40
i thought they dug scars
they can make scars....lol

the reason for wearing natural color clothing is so that the fish cannot detect you easily. now you ask why do they care? well if you were alittle fishy and you have no idea about anything other then living, eating, etc. etc. and you look up and see some huge thing staring at you with a fishing pole you may get freaked out, and thats what they do, they get scared and swim off.
Old 09-10-05, 06:00 PM   #14
buzzdog
BassFishin.Com Member

All I have to say is you got to be kidding me.
Old 09-10-05, 08:18 PM   #15
angelus40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfisher02
they can make scars....lol

the reason for wearing natural color clothing is so that the fish cannot detect you easily. now you ask why do they care? well if you were alittle fishy and you have no idea about anything other then living, eating, etc. etc. and you look up and see some huge thing staring at you with a fishing pole you may get freaked out, and thats what they do, they get scared and swim off.
believe me i know i had my fair share of scars from my one ex girlfriend years ago hurt like the devil even when she put rubbing alcohol on my back. blood was on the wash cloth
Old 09-11-05, 09:17 AM   #16
senkosam
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

My casts are too long to worry about what the fish sees through it's refracted light window. If you've ever looked up from the bottom of a swimming pool in clear water, you see only a limited view of the area outside the circle. If you are vertical jigging, then the depth is most likely over 15' and the fish are more weary of the boat shadow than yours. As was mentioned, water color is rarely clear once algae grows during the warm season.

The only time what you wear may may matter, is if it's in really bad taste. If I were a caught fish, I'd probably regurgitate my lunch on you! (Who the h*** wears camo orange when fishing??)

In the same sense, does line color matter? We used bright green Iron Silk all day yesterday and caught over 80 fish (mostly panfish), but over a limit of bass. The fish were in 2' of green water, near rocks and walls and very aggitated (most likely prefall behavior.) Color is less important when fish are in a frenzy, than when conditions turn them more sedate. I use chartreuse or some form of green all year long and rarely need anything else.

Just my 2 cents.

SS

Last edited by senkosam; 09-11-05 at 09:52 AM.
senkosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-05, 09:37 AM   #17
angelus40

fish don't care what it is you toss at them... not like that commercial where that guy was a in a locker room and a bass opened the door said sorry wrong door
and then all those lures fell on to the floor as that pro fisherman was putting them away that bass goes a new lure i never seen that one before to late i know what it looks like... i hope that you all know that bass was CGI
Old 09-14-05, 04:39 PM   #18
KH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senkosam
My casts are too long to worry about what the fish sees through it's refracted light window. If you've ever looked up from the bottom of a swimming pool in clear water, you see only a limited view of the area outside the circle. If you are vertical jigging, then the depth is most likely over 15' and the fish are more weary of the boat shadow than yours. As was mentioned, water color is rarely clear once algae grows during the warm season.

The only time what you wear may may matter, is if it's in really bad taste. If I were a caught fish, I'd probably regurgitate my lunch on you! (Who the h*** wears camo orange when fishing??)

In the same sense, does line color matter? We used bright green Iron Silk all day yesterday and caught over 80 fish (mostly panfish), but over a limit of bass. The fish were in 2' of green water, near rocks and walls and very aggitated (most likely prefall behavior.) Color is less important when fish are in a frenzy, than when conditions turn them more sedate. I use chartreuse or some form of green all year long and rarely need anything else.

Just my 2 cents.

SS

ummmmm do this

go in a swimming pool and open your eyes,you cant see a dang thing.fish can see better in water than humans

oh yeah senkos suck

overpriced and tear up too easy

just my stupid 2 cents

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.