Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-06, 12:10 PM   #1
Herdbull
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Candlewood Lake, CT Info

Anyone ever fish Candlewood Lake , CT? I'll be up there around the end of May and was wondering what to expect and any helpful info you can share.

Thanks to all
Herdbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-06, 09:09 PM   #2
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

expect to be treated like s*** by the locals.i fished it years ago and it was a lousy day so i can't help you much.but i do know from experience that conn.residents are the rudest people on earth and they can't drive for s***.
Old 05-03-06, 12:07 PM   #3
Herdbull
BassFishin.Com Member

Bassintom,

Thanks, I heard rumors about that. Heard the locals were getting upset over all the fishing pressure on their lake. I also know that there is a definite time limit put on fishing tournaments and it is very, very regulated. 167 tournaments were held there during the 2004 season. Expensive properties around the lake. I guess that says it all.
Herdbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-06, 06:02 AM   #4
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassintom
expect to be treated like s*** by the locals.i fished it years ago and it was a lousy day so i can't help you much.but i do know from experience that conn.residents are the rudest people on earth and they can't drive for s***.
Couldnt have put it any better. When I lived in Pa we used to take a yearly "Go away Trip" and for 3 years we went to Candlewood. Reason we quit going was exactly like tome said. They are just plain a@@holes. A beautiful lake and they think they own it. Several heated arguments and even one good ole a@@ whoopin was handed out. Both species of fish to be caught and some exceptionally quality ones at that. In fact my personal best smallie came from candlewood. 4lb 13oz came outta 25ft of water. Fish hit a PNJ and you woulda thought I had lit the fuse on a scud missle. That fish cleared the water by a good 3 or 4 ft. The north end of the lake had water more suited to largemouth. Lots of weeds and docks on the north end. The main points on the large portion of the lake held good populations of smallies. One particular place that I remember was just to the left of the launch we used. Had a Danger buoy on it. Very shallow rock pile with deeper water to the sides. EXCELLANT first thing in the morning.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.