Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-09, 04:09 PM   #1
bassackwards
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default how do i read my prop

the one on my boat has the numbers (M12-55) on the side thats the only numbers i can'd find without taken it off. I have one that came with the boat looks like never been used on the side has 21 stamped and on the back in side has 13x21. What do these numbers tell me?
bassackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-09, 04:10 PM   #2
bassackwards

both are stainless
Old 03-15-09, 05:30 PM   #3
OrygunBasser

I have no Idea what the M12-55 means, but the 13X21 is 13 " diameter by a 21 Pitch.

Last edited by OrygunBasser; 03-15-09 at 09:47 PM.
OrygunBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-09, 06:13 PM   #4
bassackwards

what is a good round about diameter and pitch for an 18" boat with an 85 150 merc.
got my speedometer working (don't know how accurate it is) could only get to 50mph thats good but i think she can go faster
Old 03-15-09, 07:06 PM   #5
boater

The speedo is just an ego thing they are NEVER accurate since they work from water preasure running through a hose they will vary with current speeds up stream will be different then down stream ect. The M12-55 is probably a signature from a prop shop that has repaired or modified the prop.At least this is the case with repaired props .they are stamped denoteing the word proformed.
Depending on what make boat you have and if you have a set back (jack plate) The prop height in relation to thepad and what you plan to use this boat for.I would say a 21 pitch prop would be a good start.
The best way to get the best SET UP for you r boat is to give as much info as you can and see who else has a simular boat/motor and see what set up they run. But before investing in a different prop ask around to see if anyone you know has one to try on your boat.
boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-09, 09:46 PM   #6
OrygunBasser

Threads like this can go on and on and on!

The two most important guage 's on your boat are the tach and a water preasure guage. Without these two guages you cannot get to where you want to be. You have to prop your boat to as close to the manufactures recommended max RPM which as almost allways 5,500-6,000 on todays outboards. This figure is at max throttle and full trim. The water preasure guage will tell you if you have enough water preasure for the cooling of the engine. Never let it get below about 15#'s. Again, check with your manufacture.

My set up on my 19 1/2" Stratos with a 6" Jack plate and 200 Johnson is a 26P 4 blade Renegade, 2 3/4" below pad, 5,800 RPM at around 67-8 MPH GPS! This is a full tournament load! Your setup will be different.

There are faster props but these are cheap and I like the all around performance of a 4 blade prop!
Old 03-16-09, 02:54 AM   #7
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Basackwards.......you already have the info that has been stated that we need to get you closer to a good prop selection. Tach readings at WOTand water pressure are valuable to us. As well is the engine height on the transom. If mememory serves me rightyou have the Winner with the 150. I can just about gurantee you she will run high 50's and on a good day edge over to 62 or 63. As I said before I am VERY familiar with the Winner hulls with your motor. Pics of where the engine is mounted would be great. A 21 is not a bad prop but the diameter is wrong. Get us the info and lets make that boat fly.
Old 03-16-09, 04:25 AM   #8
bassackwards

thanks when i get home to day ill try to get that info
Old 03-21-09, 03:02 PM   #9
bassackwards

here are some pic's bon't know if these will help
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/w...9/HPIM0487.jpg

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/w...9/HPIM0488.jpg

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/w...9/HPIM0489.jpg

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/w...9/HPIM0490.jpg
Old 03-21-09, 05:54 PM   #10
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

it looks like your prop to pad is around 6".. the standad jack plate puts the moter back 6" off the transome..

look at this link. get us this measurement..

http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerothread/65514

that was done by a good friend who is often mistaken for me...

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.