Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 06-11-07, 01:05 AM   #1
firstbass7lbs
BassFishin.Com Member

Default New to the game

hey i just started gettin in to the whole bass fishin thing and i cought a 7 pounder the first time but i think it was luck whats good to use in a swampy pond with butt loads of moss and weeds water is murky
firstbass7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-07, 01:12 AM   #2
firstbass7lbs
BassFishin.Com Member

oh yea and the only thing around here to get lures is wal mart yea i know but they gotta have somethin
firstbass7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-07, 08:28 AM   #3
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Spro Bronze Eye Frog "Kermit". It's quickly becoming my favorite topwater lure.

Eric
BassAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-07, 02:22 PM   #4
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

yeah the bronze eye frog is awesome, it's been one of my favorite baits for a few years now and i started using it because of a pond just like you are describing. it's not limited to water like that but it is definatley a valuable tool in the moss and slop. is there any holes on the moss and weeds? the pond i used to fish a lot had clear pockets that had no weeds or moss, most of these pockets were no bigger than 5 to 10 feet accross. i would throw a poppin bait in these holes and work it slow in the clear spots. i would also throw a weightless super fluke in these holes and let it slowly sink, once it stopped sinking i would twitch it once in a while. one other thing i did was throw a buzzbait and work it accross the moss as well as i could, i spent a lot of time picking moss off of my buzzbait but i also caught fish. these are a few of the things i did in my pond that had a lot of weeds and moss and i have caught several big bass doing this. one thing you should note....when you stick one try to get him out of the weeds as quick as possible. if they get burried in the grass they have a lot better chance of coming unbuttoned.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.