Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 05-24-11, 10:05 PM   #226
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i have the web address to the state park. i am gonna write a note telling them everything that has happened guys. this has made me so mad i could just PUKE! i do OT understand some people. if they were to hire some folks that actually KNEW someting, it would be different. but they don't. on the card asking how our "stay" was they ask if i owuld like to volunteer.............yeah riiiiiiggggghhhhhtttttt.
Old 05-24-11, 10:16 PM   #227
WTL

I've really had much better stays there in the past, but never with a group reservation. Then again I normally straight fish and wouldn't really complain unless I had to share a bed with rats and there was a hole in the roof. It takes a lot to tee me off when it comes to lodging. I stayed at a hotel last year, on a fishing trip to pickwick, and inside my room someone had spray painted on the walls "hey f---- you" over an over. I thought it was kinda funny and quaint for 35 bucks.

I don't think we need to pile on and get her fired or anything. It was bad, the reservations were messed up, the CC situation was messed up, Johns cabin was not clean...but we shouldnt take out our frustrations from the weak fishing all on the front desk girl. I've been in that position before, where you have to put a smiley face on a turd sandwich, its not fun for the person at the desk. Sometimes you are stuck. Either she didn't know how to credit my card or she didn't care or for some reason wasn't authorized by a boss to do so...I reckon its a cross between all 3, maybe the first and the last one mostly. She also might not have been properly trained in such things, could be somebody's grandmother who just needed a job and thats where she is.
Old 05-24-11, 10:27 PM   #228
bamabassman

not gonna raze the desk clerk buddy.planning on razing the STATE in the way they treat their parks. i may be wrong in saying this, but in my opion the best way to generate money for your state is through TOURISM. visitors spend millions of dollars each year visiting other places, ALABAMA has some of the best fishing waters in the country. if the STATE would put a little money into the park system and upgrade them there is no telling how much moeny they would make.

here is another thing that has me wondering WTF? now i know that birmingham is the largest city in the state, but why in the world is there not a BPS, CABALAS or some other retailer geared towards the outdoors on LAKE GUNTERSVILLE? why drive 2-2 12 hours to shop for baits? this is astounding in my opion. there is a BPS in SPAINISH FORT, AL. which is right on the coast of MOBILE BAY. close enough for salt and freshwater fishermen. now like i said, i know there are lakes close to birmingham, lay lake is one that comes directly to mind. but not on guntersville lake? DOH!

but still, getting back to my original thought. the state NEEDS to upgrade their park system from top to bottom. it would greatly improve attendance to the parks.
Old 05-25-11, 08:02 AM   #229
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
but still, getting back to my original thought. the state NEEDS to upgrade their park system from top to bottom. it would greatly improve attendance to the parks.
Yea, but with what money? Like pretty much every other state, we are broke. Upgrading the state park into 5 star resorts is not an investment. They are probably closer to being closed than upgraded.
Old 05-25-11, 06:33 PM   #230
bamabassman

i understand billy, but still man..................
Old 05-25-11, 06:59 PM   #231
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
I've really had much better stays there in the past, but never with a group reservation. Then again I normally straight fish and wouldn't really complain unless I had to share a bed with rats and there was a hole in the roof. It takes a lot to tee me off when it comes to lodging. I stayed at a hotel last year, on a fishing trip to pickwick, and inside my room someone had spray painted on the walls "hey f---- you" over an over. I thought it was kinda funny and quaint for 35 bucks.

I don't think we need to pile on and get her fired or anything. It was bad, the reservations were messed up, the CC situation was messed up, Johns cabin was not clean...but we shouldnt take out our frustrations from the weak fishing all on the front desk girl. I've been in that position before, where you have to put a smiley face on a turd sandwich, its not fun for the person at the desk. Sometimes you are stuck. Either she didn't know how to credit my card or she didn't care or for some reason wasn't authorized by a boss to do so...I reckon its a cross between all 3, maybe the first and the last one mostly. She also might not have been properly trained in such things, could be somebody's grandmother who just needed a job and thats where she is.

That's still there?????

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.