Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 06-15-11, 12:28 PM   #26
LeBron_Hill
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i have ran it on autotrader, cumminsforum.com, and craigslist...had about 13 different people call on it but no takers so far
LeBron_Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-11, 01:42 PM   #27
LeBron_Hill

its official...the Dodge sold on Friday so the search for a new truck is on! Not in a big hurry so I am going to do my homework on this one.
Old 06-26-11, 02:56 PM   #28
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

glad you sold the best. good luck with your NEW toy, country caddilac, backwoods romper..........lol
Old 06-27-11, 05:27 AM   #29
walkeraviator
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Keep in mind all Tacomas from 95-03 and Tundras up to 03 have a masive recall due to excessive rusting in the frames...
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-11, 07:05 AM   #30
LeBron_Hill

Thanks for the info walker but I am looking at getting one from 07-09 hopefully.
Old 06-27-11, 08:47 AM   #31
walkeraviator
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I have heard that the 07 and up has a recall for low self esteem. They resommend you not drive by reflective surfaces so it cant see how ugly it is...

Im just joshin ya.
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-11, 09:18 AM   #32
LeBron_Hill

lol...i like the looks of the new ones
Old 06-27-11, 10:40 PM   #33
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

hahahha, walker...i love that statement man. hahahahaha!!!
Old 06-28-11, 01:58 AM   #34
Lvitch

06 tundra.double cab, 4.7, tow package. I pull my 18.5 stratos with it .18mpg not towing, about 16 towing. Best vehicle I have ever owned, hands down. Don't listen to the BS. You won't regret owning a tundra, and the truck is more American than most (built in tx). I looked at dodge , cool but they can't build a trans (i think the tundra basher had them confused). Chevy are just crap, far too many electrical , trans and just general build quality issues. Nissan was good, thirsty truck though. Ford was nice also, they figured out people want vehicles that don't break too! Yeah. Thirsty motor also. Toyota was the winner hands down. Drive it, and you'll see why.7000 tow capacity, granny gear if needed, rear window rolls down fully, rides like a Lexus, plenty of room and power. Only thing I don't like are the seats. They need better lumber support. I do think the fords have the best seats.
Old 06-28-11, 02:01 AM   #35
Lvitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkeraviator View Post
Keep in mind all Tacomas from 95-03 and Tundras up to 03 have a masive recall due to excessive rusting in the frames...
Yep if you can put a hammer through it from 12" away they will replace the entire frame even on a 15 yo truck.
Old 06-28-11, 06:43 AM   #36
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvitch View Post
You won't regret owning a tundra, and the truck is more American than most (built in tx). I looked at dodge , cool but they can't build a trans (i think the tundra basher had them confused). .
Nope, definitely didn't have them confused. However the truck I was talking about is on an 08 Tundra which is the new body style and completely different truck than the 06. I am not bashing toyota, just telling you my experience. I don't own a Dodge either, I have a new Sierra Z71 5.3 liter and will put it up against any half ton on the market, especially in the towing and gas mileage department.
Old 06-28-11, 09:15 AM   #37
CamG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfish320 View Post
Nope, definitely didn't have them confused. However the truck I was talking about is on an 08 Tundra which is the new body style and completely different truck than the 06. I am not bashing toyota, just telling you my experience. I don't own a Dodge either, I have a new Sierra Z71 5.3 liter and will put it up against any half ton on the market, especially in the towing and gas mileage department.
You have obviously never driven any other half ton then. The Ford will demolish your Sierra on gas mileage, and all the others will out tow it. Not opinion, FACT. I drive its brother everyday at work (2010 Chevrolet 1500 with the 5.3) and while they are a nice truck, they are not what you make them to be.
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-11, 09:29 AM   #38
jasonfish320

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamG View Post
You have obviously never driven any other half ton then. The Ford will demolish your Sierra on gas mileage, and all the others will out tow it. Not opinion, FACT. I drive its brother everyday at work (2010 Chevrolet 1500 with the 5.3) and while they are a nice truck, they are not what you make them to be.
hahaha, OBVIOUSLY not true! I've owned nothing but trucks since I graduated college. I recently traded in an 05 FX4 F150 and tho it was a nice truck it does not tow nearly as well as the GMC, I should note that my Sierra has performance intake and exhaust which has made a difference in overall performance. I have also plowed with a tundra and owned a 2004 Dodge 1500, I've driven numerous trucks, but I do enjoy a good laugh, thanks CamG
Old 06-28-11, 09:48 AM   #39
CamG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfish320 View Post
hahaha, OBVIOUSLY not true! I've owned nothing but trucks since I graduated college. I recently traded in an 05 FX4 F150 and tho it was a nice truck it does not tow nearly as well as the GMC, I should note that my Sierra has performance intake and exhaust which has made a difference in overall performance. I have also plowed with a tundra and owned a 2004 Dodge 1500, I've driven numerous trucks, but I do enjoy a good laugh, thanks CamG
It's obvious that you enjoy a good laugh. You can reread what you've written and laugh all day long.

Even with a performance package, your Sierra will never out pull a Hemi Dodge, 5.7 Tundra or a Nissan Titan. All 1/2 ton offerings. Again, not opinion, FACT.
Old 06-28-11, 04:04 PM   #40
LeBron_Hill

I owned a 2004 Dodge w/ a hemi...it had decent power but was a TURD towing...hope the Tundra isnt like that.
Old 06-29-11, 01:53 PM   #41
CamG

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBron_Hill View Post
I owned a 2004 Dodge w/ a hemi...it had decent power but was a TURD towing...hope the Tundra isnt like that.
Definitely not. You will barely notice pulling a big boat.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.