Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 06-13-11, 06:27 PM   #1
docirv
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via Skype™ to docirv
Default Any kayak fishermen here?

I fish more out of my hobie outback kayak than I do my big ole Ranger with the 225 hp gas guzzling behemoth hanging on the transom. Any other kayak guys or gals hanging around?
Old 06-13-11, 07:54 PM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I'd love to get a kayak this summer, but with so much stuff of my "Wish List" it probably isn't going to happen.

BB
Old 06-13-11, 08:05 PM   #3
walkeraviator
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I am buying a kayak later this month with my overtime money (and my wifes permission...lol)... Looking at a Jackson Coosa or saving some money and geting an Ascend from BPS. I cant wait to get into kayak fishing. been looking at doing it for almost three years now.
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-11, 08:26 PM   #4
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkeraviator View Post
I am buying a kayak later this month with my overtime money (and my wifes permission...lol)... Looking at a Jackson Coosa or saving some money and geting an Ascend from BPS. I cant wait to get into kayak fishing. been looking at doing it for almost three years now.

Yea Im hoping to join the kayaking ranks this year as well..I would love the Coosa,That is the best looking angler set up Ive seen...My only gripe is it seems to be a river yak at 11'4'' (if I remember right)..Ive heard its a little tough in open water condition..That and its 1k for the full package,lol

Walker have you seen the walk through video for the Coosa?..Pretty rad!

The one I realistically have my eye on is the Perception Pescador at Academy ($499)..From everything Ive heard is the best bang for the buck and the model is an older Tarpon 120 (which only means something to people who've paddled a 120,hahaha)

But Im hopefully looking to buy at the end of summer when our finances get caught up!
Old 06-13-11, 08:34 PM   #5
docirv
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via Skype™ to docirv

I tried one that you had to paddle and decided I spent too much time paddling and not enough fishing. So, I saved and got the hobie outback sportfisherman.... it has the flippers that you peddle with your feet and a rudder..... yes, it is expensive, around $1600 but it is one great fishing machine. I fish almost constantly even while I am moving because my hands are free...
Old 06-13-11, 09:19 PM   #6
bassboogieman

I have a Hobie Outback but you knew that. I also went with this 'yak for the pedal system which allows hands free (for the most part) for fishing. I also looked at the Native Watercraft, which is a pedal driven prop, but I liked the fact that the Hobie's flippers lock in the up position to get into or across shallow water. The Native's drive system had to be removed for real shallow water.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-11, 01:05 AM   #7
TN_Bassin

I kayak quite a bit. Usually don't go to any big water, just small rivers and streams.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.