Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-09, 09:44 PM   #26
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

michael...........i can't begin to put down what i feel man. if he does go to the pen (where he truly belongs), there is a way to keep him from hurting your beautiful angel ever again. you know what i am saying. just keep it together pal. he will pay for it, one day he will pay. praying for you, her and your entire family.
Old 09-02-09, 09:53 PM   #27
66KingFisher
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The current word is his parol was revoked and he will be returning to prison to finish the last 5yrs of his sentence there...plus they will be adding several more felony charges for what happened to my daughter, so 5 is the minimum and we'll be adding to that conciderably...."hopefully".....I have doubts in our judicial system at times.

He's on something called a "white warrent" now, that supposedly means no amount of money will bail him out......I was real happy to hear that.

Word thru the local 20's something gossip line around town is that theres a few folks here that loved my daughter, that have friends already in the prison system, and they've already sent word into the system that this guy is gonna be comin......apparently he's awaiting something called "FUBAR" for starters, then who knows?

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Wish I could be there........

Sorry....couldn't help myself....my vengence runnith over this evening...mainly because i've just had a good look at the damages my baby girl is gonna have to live with the rest of her life.....I'd post a pic of what he did to her ear but its enough to make you sick to your stomach....Her mother and I both just cried when we saw it unbandaged....She's pretending its not bothering her, but we know better.....she's always kept everything inside.....she is keeping it together better then I expected but she's also a heck of an actress.

Irreguardless of how bad my rage runs over, the bottom line is my baby and grandbaby are safe for now.....her mother and I are worse then a couple of mother hens with our protection over our chicks at the moment.....I dunno how long it'll be before any of this wears off.....everytime I see her ear another ball of rage erupts within me.

Just so you'll know, one of my neighbors is a pastor and came by and talked and prayed with us for awhile this afternoon......he offered all kinds of help and assistance for Heather, and us if needed.....I have a feeling i'll need to go down to visit him a few times in the coming future.....I hope Heather takes his offer too.

Love ya guys....thanks for letting me vent my rage.....Yes, I know i've made my momma proud that I didn't use foul language on here that i'd if liked.....Thanks momma, fer raisin me right! I told her today that I was now the man in my grandaughters life for the time being, so no worries about how she'll be raised.....She'll be just fine.....I just hope she didn't really understand what she witnessed yesterday?
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-09, 10:06 PM   #28
nofearengineer

I "hear" something different in your post today 66...

While you are obviously still really, really mad (and righteously so!)...you are obviously seeing the better future ahead. God works in mysterious ways too. Maybe this is what it took to get that evil person out of your grandbaby's life forever.

Keep the faith, man. And now, every time you paint a flaming skull on a motorcycle, you can imagine it's his...
Old 09-02-09, 10:16 PM   #29
CMorg

I think this guy would know what to do...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlad_III_the_Impaler
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-09, 10:17 PM   #30
CMorg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlad_II...s_of_execution

and heres how he would have done it.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-09, 11:32 PM   #31
66KingFisher

ok CMorg...that gives me idea #102-#103....keep'm comin.

NoFear....I'm not sure what you "hear" but as my rage still runnith over I do feel a tiny bit of relief thats he's behind bars and can't hurt them right now.....he still has family in town and a stepdaddy that i've been warned is capable of anything, and his real daddy is in the prison system somewhere but who knows for how long.....so I don't think i'll be lettin my guard down anytime soon.....while there may be a light at the end of the tunnel.....I don't think I see it yet.
Old 09-03-09, 12:23 AM   #32
MississippiBoy

Why is it that every scumbag piece of dirt always has friends/family that are on their side?
Ok, I'm sure you've thought of this, but just to remind you...Nobody goes out at night alone, every door is locked at all times, windows are shut and locked, cell phones at the ready to call 911. If you have any good neighbors, make sure they know what's going on, and ask them to keep an eye out whenever they can. Do you have dogs, and are they good guard dogs, or will they at least bark when something makes noise outside?
If I offend anybody with this next part, too bad, but I think we're all adults here, who can deal with reality. If you don't own a gun, get one, and make sure you and your family know how to use it. I have some recommendations, if you'd like, and I can refer you to a great place to ask more questions about personal defense. If this bottom feeder has family, they might decide that you "disrespected" him or some such idiocy, and may try something. If they do, you've got to be prepared. Is this harsh? Damn right it is, but it's the truth. If you'd like, PM me and I'll help in any way I can.
You're and yours are in our prayers.
Old 09-03-09, 01:40 AM   #33
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
Why is it that every scumbag piece of dirt always has friends/family that are on their side?
Ok, I'm sure you've thought of this, but just to remind you...Nobody goes out at night alone, every door is locked at all times, windows are shut and locked, cell phones at the ready to call 911. If you have any good neighbors, make sure they know what's going on, and ask them to keep an eye out whenever they can. Do you have dogs, and are they good guard dogs, or will they at least bark when something makes noise outside?
If I offend anybody with this next part, too bad, but I think we're all adults here, who can deal with reality. If you don't own a gun, get one, and make sure you and your family know how to use it. I have some recommendations, if you'd like, and I can refer you to a great place to ask more questions about personal defense. If this bottom feeder has family, they might decide that you "disrespected" him or some such idiocy, and may try something. If they do, you've got to be prepared. Is this harsh? Damn right it is, but it's the truth. If you'd like, PM me and I'll help in any way I can.
i couln't agree more. i have been checking this post off and on all day trying to think of something else to tell you but i am really at a loss for words, this is just about as low as someone can get. britney and i are praying for all of you guys and we wish your daughter a great recovery. what has been done to her can't be undone and what that waste of life has taken from her probably can't ever be replaced but if we can do anything to help please don't hesitate to call on us.
Old 09-03-09, 02:39 AM   #34
66KingFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
I wish I could answer that first question, but it does seem thats always the case...birds of a feather kinda thing.....I knew this kid was bad news from the first time I met him.....just that gut feeling i've always gotten when I meet scum of the earth types....i've never been wrong yet, and yesterday proved I was right all along, even though it took 3 years to finally become violent. Shortly after meeting this kid I found out where he lived and then I got even more worried.....he and his whole family live like white trash.....never mow the yard and junk cars fill every available parking spot leaving just a small area of the front yard to pull up in.......I understand poor, but this wasn't it....this was white trash.

As time went on I find out his looser mother is nothin but the old town tramp and without a doubt one of the ugliest women i've ever seen....each of her children was sired by a different father.....all of which are currently in prison somewhere for something.....the only man living there is said to be the stepdad.....he proved yesterday he's just as big of a looser as the rest of the bunch since Heather claims he was sitting on the front porch when the attack took place less then 20ft away.....he's takin his stepsons side and denying seeing anything from what i'm hearing now.

The patriarch of the family seems to be the only one that has any compassion or even seems like a real normal human being, and thats the Grandmother.....Grandpa is long gone.....but Grandma supports the whole family.....Now get this....she's a sweet little old lady in her 80's that pays all the bills for herself and her own home and then on top of that she pays for her daughters home...house payments and all utilities.....she buys all the food they eat.....she forks out money for most anything they seem to need at the time.....She's put up the bail money to get her looser grandson outta jail more times than I can count, and i've witnessed it several times since we've met these people.....not one of them do a thing for that old woman....they won't go mow her yard so she does it herself....she lives out in the boonies alone and not one of her family helps tend to things around her home so its falling down just like the daughters home....but ain't a soul gonna lift one damn finger to repair, repaint or do anything to improve their surroundings....and heaven forbid anyone but a couple of the teenage girls actually have jobs and go to work each day.

That is the type of family thats breeding these worthless loosers like the kid that hurt our baby.....the wife said she saw them at the courthouse this morning trying to post bail.....already tryin to get the boy out.....as always......I'm sorry but I like the Grandma, but I just don't get it.....She supposedly loves my daughter too, and yet the very next day she's down there with the family ready to try and bail the punk out.....only today that didn't happen....lol

Mississippi, if you'll remember we got hit by a tornado back in April and most of my neighborhood is still as disaster area.....I've got a couple of neighbors still living nearby but they are really old and I need to be lookin out for them instead of vise versa.....all the other homes near us were either completely destroyed or were so badly damaged they are currently uninhabitable so there ain't nobody to watch out fer us....needless to say i'm on sentury duty all the time....watchin, looking and listening....i've got a security camera setup, but it was torn down during the tornado and I haven't repaired it and put it back into play but thats comin.

Until this past week we had boarded up windows and couldnt see squat, but we now have a house full of really nice double hung windows that have a neat little security feature that allows the window to be open about 3" or so, but thats all...its won't open any wider from the outside without disabling that feature so were covered there now....lol...and yes, momma loves her new windowsSo do I for that matter.

As for firearms, i've given alot of thought about that the past 24 hours....I was relieved of a real nice collection of handguns and hunting rifles and shotguns several years ago when our home was robbed one day when we lived in Tulsa.....I had no insurance and was never able to replace them, but i'm concidering it now....havin a ball bat sittin by the door just don't bring the comfort it once did....and although my compound bow would make a great and silent weapon its not too easy to load and move around in a dark house at nite....much less aim.

We do have a pair of miniature weiner dogs that are the greatest noisemakers you've ever heard if they hear something, so were covered there.

In the mean time all is well on the home front tonite....maybe i'll be able to get some shuteye before the sun comes up....I can tell all the adrinaline is starting to wear off and fatigue is starting to settle in....I'll keep you guys posted as I know more.

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes.....that realy does mean more to me than I can explain.....it was neat tellin my daughter that I had a dozen or so bassfisherman/hunters ready and willing to come to her aid....she got a big smile on her face when I told her that....that was nice to see too.

Michael

Last edited by 66KingFisher; 09-03-09 at 02:46 AM.
Old 09-03-09, 04:29 AM   #35
1/4 stick

King I got to go along with MississippiBoy on the gun, just make sure everybody in the house who can hold it, knows how to use it, and be extra careful where you keep it if there's any toddlers around.

I really want to recommend that you do your best to get you daughter to talk to someone. The preacher is good, but I really think councelers that have been through it themselves is the best choice. Your preacher might be able to point you to someone. And even if she doesn't want to, you and your wife might want to concider talking to them to get an idea of how to help your daughter with what shes going to be going through with this. Most people, especially us men, will never be able to understand what she is going through and will be going through inside long after she's healed physicly. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have a dirtbag do what he did and to be completely helpless to stop it. My second wife had several relationships where she was beaten before she met me, and while we were together I felt like she was trying to push me to see if I would hit her, and when I didn't, she couldn't seem to grasp why. I really don't think she knew how to react to someone that loved her and tried to treat her like he loved her. Not saying this is what will happen with your daughter, but this will have a major impact on any future relationships she'll have, and on her life in general.

I'm sorry if that seemed like I was trying to stick my nose where it don't belong. I don't mean it that way. I just wanted to give some thoughts from what little experiance I've had.

Last edited by 1/4 stick; 09-03-09 at 10:14 AM.
1/4 stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-09, 10:06 AM   #36
WaffleJaw

66,....my heart goes out to you and the family......Im glad you didnt do anything to get yourself in trouble.....i cant imagine how tough this is.
after reading all the posts,im glad the system seems to be working in ya'lls favor....at least thats good news....scumbag cowards like that dont deserve to see the beauty of this world.
Im so sorry your family is going through this....
Old 09-03-09, 10:15 AM   #37
flbassman

Hey man, Id recomend gettin a short barrel pistol grip shotgun. Best home defense gun in the world, and they run about 250 brand new. Load it up with 00 buckshot, and keep it loaded, but unchambered. The second some sob hears that "cha-chunk'' sound, he starts thinkin. Then about 15 pellets rip open most of his major arteries/internal organs, and he stops thinkin. But at least he dies scared. I keep one under the bed, and at a time like this, I'd move it to behind the door......Just my thoughts on that part of the issue.
Old 09-04-09, 12:55 AM   #38
bamabassman

hoseholder hit the nails head king. shotgun makes a lot of noise and scatters real good.
get a gun, shotgun, hand gun. a gun! get a liscense and permit to carry it as well. learn to use it, and use it WELL.
Old 09-04-09, 01:14 AM   #39
66KingFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4 stick View Post
I'm sorry if that seemed like I was trying to stick my nose where it don't belong.
Not even close buddy,not even close......I appreciate everything you said and took it to heart.

I will be looking into some type of gun for home protection now that this has happened......I asked the wife about it, and she's ok with it except she said she didn't want a gun in the house right now.....its too soon and were both still too angry.....I do believe she's right even though I don't think either one of us would do anything stupid with it right now, but because she feels that way i'll wait and do some shopping for awhile.....once this gets behind us far enough we'll get something.

I was always pretty good with a gun, but its been awhile.....I taught the wife how to shoot after we first met, so she knows how to handle a gun, but since its been awhile for both of us, when the time comes we'll hit up our local firing range and waste some ammo till the whole family is comfortable with it.

I'll have to look into those short barrel pistol grip shotguns.....I always thought guns like that were illegal....the ol'sawed off shotgun?...but if they are not, then your right they'd make the perfect home defense weapon.

Thanks for everyones thoughts, prayers, and advice....its been a long couple of days.
Old 09-04-09, 01:37 AM   #40
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66KingFisher View Post
I hope your right WTL......and yeah, as you might understand, i'm not really able to get any sleep tonite.....I'm angry....i'm still pumped on adrinaline and i'm being pretty damn hard on myself for not being able to keep this from happening, as well as not being able to get any instant satisfaction other than knowing I got him sent back to jail.....but thats a familier place to him, and only time will tell how long that ends up being.....for all I know some obscure relative might show up with bail money tomorrow and he'll be out as he always seems to get out.....I've seen this kid get outta more stuff then you'd believe....he's a snitch from what i'm told and thats how he gets off alot of the time.....but i'm praying that won't happen in this case.....several of the cops knew my daughter and loved her....as does most anyone that knows her.....But deep in my gut I feel I gotta do something to make things right....even the score so to speak, but how the hell do you do that in our society today?

I'm praying for alot right now, but my vengence is gettin in the way.....I want to go midevil on the guy.....maybe do what the wild west indians would've done......make him suffer a really long time before he finally kicks off....stake him down over a fire ant nest and let the fun begin.......I know i'm not suppose to feel like that or think like that.....i'm suppose to be civilized and one of our Lords commandments tell's me i'm not suppose to kill......So wheres that leave me?......How do you get justice when the laws seem to protect the criminals more than the victims, and when our justice system releases these REPEAT offenders back into society, all newly trained with their newly acquired criminal skills they learned while in the pen, we're just suppose to accept that they were rehabilitated????.....I don't think so.....I think I agree with something I heard Ted Nugent say on national tv......They're shouldn't be repeat offenders......there should be dead offenders.
http://www.ihatethemedia.com/ted-nugenti-does-not-like-repeat-offenders
Uncle Ted for you at his finest. My prayers are with you, your family, and your daughter. Godspeed on her emotional and physical recovery.
Old 09-04-09, 01:38 AM   #41
WTL

I've heard before a 20 gauge with simple doveshot is better, only cause the shot is less likely to go through walls and hit something you don't want to hit. In narrow halls with a shotgun, with its spread, you have such an advantage that you'd have to be crazy to go in there.
Old 09-04-09, 09:07 AM   #42
Bob Smith

I just read this entire thread and I would like to first commend you on your ability to be rational in this situation. I absolutely feel that you made the right decisions. Secondly, there is no reason to admonish yourself for what happened to your daughter, my bet is that over the years you have more than fulfilled your role as a protective father. She is indeed a beautiful young lady and I would imagine you have spent a many night fighting off her suiters!
Time will heal her physical wounds (ear) to the point that her emotional scars will eventually overcome the suffering as well. You and the family will show her that people love her and care for her in spite of that.
My hope is that the judicial system will take care of the scum that caused this for a long time. When he gets out you will want to make sure that he cannot access the family at all, personally, I believe that about 1% of the criminals actually acclimate to society, 99% of them are truly incorrigible. He will be back in jail in due time or killed by his own stupidity.
You, your daughter, grandbaby and family most assuredly have my prayers! You also have my greatest admiration for the way you are handling this crisis.
Old 09-04-09, 09:41 AM   #43
MississippiBoy

In actuality, at short ranges, like inside your house, a shotgun isn't going to have as much spread as you think. I've not patterned mine at close range to see first hand, but here's a pic I found online that demonstrates my point:

That says 35 ft (7 yards), which is probably somewhere close to the longest straight line distance in my house, down the hall through the living room. It's hard to judge size, but I'd say it's somewhere around 8-10 inches at the widest point. And notice, that's 2 rounds fired...one round would most likely have a smaller pattern. So yes, you'd be more likely to hit your target with a shotgun vs. a pistol, but it's not foolproof. I'd heard that you get 1 inch of expansion for every yard of distance, on average. So at 3 yards, the pattern might be as big as your fist.
Also, the first sound any intruder hears when he's in your house should be a gunshot. If you take the time to rack the slide to intimidate him, he's likely to just start shooting wildly at the sound, through walls, doors, whatever, as he's running for the exit. I DO NOT want lead flying randomly through my house, I'd want one shot from me to end it right there, right then.
I'd say a 20 gauge shotgun, with #1 or #4 buckshot and a short 18"-22" barrel and a magazine extension would be your best bet. When debating 00 buck vs. #4 buck, the smaller shot is less likely to penetrate through walls, but still has enough oomph to get through a leather jacket or whatever and end the threat.
This feels mighty grim, us talking about killing another human being, but it's real, and it happens every day. The better prepared you are now, the better your chances if something were to happen.
Old 09-04-09, 10:38 AM   #44
nofearengineer

It all depends on the choke, MB. If you got a short barrel with a slug bore; i.e, straight with no choke, a 00 package might spread out quite a bit. Not that I've been doing any shooting in corridors lately, so I'm not positive.
Old 09-04-09, 12:13 PM   #45
MississippiBoy

The picture on the left is a very short barrel, with NO choke...that's as wide as you can get it...
Old 09-04-09, 12:24 PM   #46
Bob Smith

20 GA Slug at close range should be sufficient!
Old 09-04-09, 01:25 PM   #47
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66KingFisher View Post
Not even close buddy,not even close......I appreciate everything you said and took it to heart.

I will be looking into some type of gun for home protection now that this has happened......I asked the wife about it, and she's ok with it except she said she didn't want a gun in the house right now.....its too soon and were both still too angry.....I do believe she's right even though I don't think either one of us would do anything stupid with it right now, but because she feels that way i'll wait and do some shopping for awhile.....once this gets behind us far enough we'll get something.

I was always pretty good with a gun, but its been awhile.....I taught the wife how to shoot after we first met, so she knows how to handle a gun, but since its been awhile for both of us, when the time comes we'll hit up our local firing range and waste some ammo till the whole family is comfortable with it.

I'll have to look into those short barrel pistol grip shotguns.....I always thought guns like that were illegal....the ol'sawed off shotgun?...but if they are not, then your right they'd make the perfect home defense weapon.

Thanks for everyones thoughts, prayers, and advice....its been a long couple of days.
Usually it's the length of the barrel that makes it illegal rather than the stock, but you can have the barrel pretty short and still be within the law. Of course the laws vary between states so you'll have to check that out when and if you decide to go that route. For home protection I'd rather go with a slug rather than buckshot because you can do the job and not have to worry about pellets flying everywhere.

Personaly I'd really prefer a good 9mm pistol or the 40cal like I have just because they're not as clumbsy as far as catching on tables and stuff when you raise it to fire.

The main thing is doing what you are doing. Taking care of your daughter, making sure she knows she's loved, and giving her a fine example of what a real man is, and how he acts. She's lucky she has that in you.
Old 09-05-09, 11:51 PM   #48
Basscrazie
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Prayers on the way and make sure Heather knows she is to good for that kinda crap..You have a gorgeous daughter and i know it took all you had to keep your hands off that punk.I commend you for your strength..He will get his i sure hope.
Basscrazie is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.