Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 04-19-14, 04:00 PM   #1
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Ahead of last year's pace...

The ice went out on the lake my dad fishes in northern IA on the first Saturday of April, so I headed down there last weekend for a couple days of shore fishing with him. We threw everything we had at them...spinnerbaits, crankbaits, jigs, T-rigged & wacky rigged senkos, jerkbaits, dropshot, etc., but the bites were few and far between, and we landed only 3 bass between the two of us. We made 4 different 90-minute outings together, and I made a solo two-hour outing one on Saturday afternoon. We had no bites at all on Friday morning, and were having similar luck that evening when I switched to a 5" senko on a dropshot. On my first cast with it, I landed this 18.25", 3lb 11oz LM, my only fish of the weekend. My first bass last year didn't come until May 17, my first one at 3-11 or bigger came on June 23, and my first 18-incher wasn't until July 10...so I figure this is a good omen for 2014!

I then rigged my dad up with exactly the same thing and he proceeded to catch 2 LM -- 15.5", 2lb 11oz (pictured below) and 15.0", 2lb 1oz. I had another one on a short while later, but lost it after a very short battle.

There is NOTHING like fishing with my dad, so slow fishing or not, it was still a GREAT weekend! Here are a couple parting shots of Saturday night sunset at the lake.

WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-14, 05:08 PM   #2
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Great pics! I'm glad to hear, you and your dad were able to catch a few.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-14, 10:47 PM   #3
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Nice pics Watter...glad you and your dad were able to enjoy some fishing together!
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-14, 11:38 PM   #4
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

It must have felt great to get back out and do some fishing again. I'm planning to get in a couple outings this week. A bass like yours would be great!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.