Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 05-11-14, 05:04 PM   #1
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default treated myself

Have been having even med size bass dive under the boat and rod with not enough backbone so just purchased a rod havnt a clue if its any good as never tried one.Vexan 7 ft 6 in H fast action 5.5 oz rated 15-30 pd test
oh and micro guides which none of my current rods have.
msrp is 128-cost was 58 tmd inc shipping
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-14, 11:29 PM   #2
bassboogieman

You always seem to snag a deal. I'm not a fan of micro guides, but a lot of guys like them. If you don't use leaders you should be fine but knots and micro guides are not very compatible. I prefer leaders w/braid for a couple reasons so the micro guide rod I have is limited to my use with copolymer line that is directly tied to a lure. I haven't seen an advantage with them over standard guides for my fishing preferences but that does not mean you won't. That stick should get those bass out of the pads for you...
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-14, 06:07 AM   #3
lilmule

Actually have 2 already that can handle 7lbers in pads,this is for flipping flotsam or floating debris(mostly wood) that collects in cuts,via punching.Actually broke 30lb fireline on a hookset recently very large bass thru over and under a very large log er tree.
Havnt a clue how it will handle that,maybe just normal wood flipping for it time will tell.
You make any punch rigs???
Old 05-12-14, 06:27 AM   #4
bassboogieman

No on punch rigs, that is a method I don't use and I'm not familiar with it. I'm not really a lure maker, I only started putting together the bladed baits as I was losing so many to toothy critters and I wanted some colors I could not get commercially.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-14, 07:11 AM   #5
lilmule

The crawdad color works know that for sure,ragetail pumpkinseed with chart dipping dye on pichers for trailer ,used it slow and hopping and sweeping more like a jig but faster.I wasnt familiar with it either thought was a fla type of rig,but spawners get back behind in the buckbrush or behind trees,limbs and or flotsam sometimes pretty thick and saw a guy catch two out of it,he gave me one to try works till you lose it lol.

Last edited by lilmule; 05-12-14 at 07:18 AM.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.