Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 04-08-17, 05:39 PM   #1
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default April 8th Double Report

The wind today was chilling and strong. The sun did its best to try and warm us but only worked when we where tucked in behind a wind block. Of coarse most of the fish where not in those spots. We did well enough for a cold front fishing trip. The main river was three creams in your coffee. Broke some rods and my trolling motor deployed while running back. We got a little wet from that snafu. Tom said in a kids like voice "let's do it again.." I darn near split my gut laughing. Great crew and tons of fun.

Capt Mike

Today wasn't stellar for sure. Wind kept us in the creek. The water was pretty dirty. The main river was a mess. I am sure Capt Mike mentioned three creams in your coffee. Larry and Ed are regulars at IHC and good company. Larry works near the water and was sure we werent' fishing today after watching yesterday's winds. I see him again in two weeks to make a run at her again.

Capt Dave
Old 04-14-17, 09:06 PM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I remember seeing those poles stacked end to end. Must be frustrating when you are the guide and the day's end is not what you hoped for. Nice time for everyone though I am sure.
Old 04-15-17, 06:29 PM   #3
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Not frustrating but a little challenging would be the word I use. I look at each trip in the number of side splitting laughs and smiles. If the mood is gloomy then I have really failed as a guide. It is almost like stand up comedy and sometimes the audience is tough.

However if you really try hard it is all you can do. So I sleep well at night with that thought.

Capt Mike
Old 04-15-17, 08:27 PM   #4
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

When I was 20 years old, we were fishing out of a resort for a week on Cass Lake in Minnesota. The guides boat kept was in the slip next to mine. One day about 3PM, my brother and I set off for a short trip to fish for walleye off an island before dinner. In about 40 minutes, we had almost limited out between us. When we returned to our slip, the guide had returned and was apologizing to the young newlywed couple for not catching any fish that day. Explaining how that's what happens sometimes. You should have seen the look on that guides eyes as my brother and I walked past with all those walleyes heading for the cleaning house, lol.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.