Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 05-12-10, 08:53 PM   #101
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Great looking boat, MB!
Old 05-12-10, 11:00 PM   #102
bamabassman

I like it daniel...ALOT. ONLY problem is the troller, 50 # thrust is NOT gonna be enough my friend. YOU'LL BE LIKE ME AND HUNTING A 80# OR BETTER. And lash is correct.........LOTS OF STORAGE!! From what i have heard, they are very smooth in rough water too. Zooker may be able to tell you more on that subject. Motor looks clean too. I say, test it out and run it like you stole it.
Old 05-13-10, 11:43 AM   #103
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Yeah, the trolling motor probably gots ta go, but maybe not right away. I'll see how it does first, and if I can get it to work on the 24v setting.
One question for the boat gurus...the guy took theoriginal 25p prop off, and put on a 19p. He claims it has a good hole shot, and will still do 70 on the top end. I'm not a speed demon (but I might turn into one once I get this boat), so the top end is not nearly as important to me as the hole shot. Whaddya think, is the 19 really ok, or should I use the 25, somewhere in between....?
Old 05-13-10, 06:28 PM   #104
bamabassman

you already know what i think about the prop. but trust me on the troller, you have been in mine remember? it is a 56# and this one on the rig oyu are looking at is a 50#. see if he has a bigger one to trade up to. 70 or better would be MUCHO grande i think.
Old 05-14-10, 03:08 AM   #105
carolina-rig-01

Daniel that is a good looking boat. And as far as I can tell it sounds like a pretty good deal too. The boat has quite a bit of storage which is something that you can never have enough of and I really think it would make you a good boat. As for the prop, there is absolutley no way that boat is turning 70mph with a 19p prop. Maybe I shouldn't say no way but I sure would have to see it to believe it. I think 19p is not nearly enough prop for that rig. I was running a 25p Temptest on my 20 Ranger and was working it's butt off to hit 70 mph. Now I don't think that speed is a huge issue to you so don't think I am saying anything negative about that boat, I am just answering your question (or at least I think I am lol). Check and see what props that motor should turn because I question if it should even have a 19p on it.

Good luck though buddy, I know you are wanting a new boat and it sounds like you are close now.
Old 05-14-10, 09:09 AM   #106
MississippiBoy

Yeah, the more I check into it, the less likely I think 70 mph is. I honestly don't care if I get 70, or 65, or 60...I'm not doing any tourneys, so all I want to do is get to where I'm going. A couple of guys on BBC are worried about the motor hitting the rev limiter with that prop on there, and are guesstimating it might run 58-60 WFO. We're taking it on a test drive in the morning, so I'll have a chance to see what's really going on. He's including the other 25p prop with the boat, so I can try both and see which one does better for me. If the 19p doesn't work, I might sell it and find something like a 23 or 24...Who knows? Now I've got a big toy to play with, there's no telling what might happen.
Anybody know what kind of RPM's it should be turning? I think it should be right around 6000, but I can't find any definite answer online...
Old 05-14-10, 08:15 PM   #107
bamabassman

my top speed on the cajun with a 24 raker prop has been 60-and that's with just me in the boat. with 3 i have gotten up to 57.
Old 05-15-10, 11:10 PM   #108
MississippiBoy

Monkey's out of the bag, I guess...she came home with me today. Caitlyn's already laid claim to her...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New Boat 011.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	412.5 KB
ID:	5151   Click image for larger version

Name:	New Boat 005.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	529.9 KB
ID:	5152   Click image for larger version

Name:	New Boat 008.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	481.7 KB
ID:	5154  
Old 05-15-10, 11:24 PM   #109
bamabassman

*sniff,sniff* my baby boy has gone a bought hisself a boat. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! seriously daniel, this is a great rig. And caitlyn looks right at home behind that wheel.

DO NOT GET THE SKI POLE! cuts down on fishing time, lmao!
Old 05-15-10, 11:29 PM   #110
nofearengineer

Daniel, looks like you've got yourself a fine fishing rig now. A little elbow grease, upgrading, cleaning, and polishing, and you'll be the envy of the block.

P.S. Get that damned thing off the lawn. Do you know how redneck that is? LOL
Old 05-15-10, 11:32 PM   #111
bamabassman

hahaha, bryce tha ti sEXACTLY what he has to do.
Old 05-16-10, 12:00 AM   #112
zooker

with the yammer you'll have a 6150rpm rev limiter. if your in the 5500-5900 rpm ball park at wot thats it... keep one eye on the water pressure gauge. anything below 18psi at wot is BAD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post

Get that damned thing off the lawn. Do you know how redneck that is?

lmao thats funny right there..

zooker

Last edited by zooker; 05-16-10 at 12:06 AM.
zooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-10, 12:00 AM   #113
carolina-rig-01

Congrats Daniel! Like I told you on the phone, there is nothing like a new boat. I hope you all get a lot of safe and fun years out of her.
Old 05-16-10, 12:00 AM   #114
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Daniel, looks like you've got yourself a fine fishing rig now. A little elbow grease, upgrading, cleaning, and polishing, and you'll be the envy of the block.

P.S. Get that damned thing off the lawn. Do you know how redneck that is? LOL
Easy, Bryce...the pic of it on the grass is at my BIL's house, where we stayed last night so I could go get the boat early this morning. For right now, it's in my driveway (as you can see in the third pic). Unfortunately, a city ordinance says that a boat can't be in your front or side yard, it must be in the back. The gate to my backyard is about 6" too narrow for that boat to fit. Anybody want to come and help me move a fence post or two?
Old 05-16-10, 07:06 AM   #115
bcklash

Congrats Daniel, hope you have many safe years of enjoyment with your new toy. I love that picture of Caitlyn sitting in "her boat" with that big grin. She is a pretty girl.

That's a good looking boat. I like it.
Old 05-16-10, 12:11 PM   #116
woody

That's a great looking rig, Daniel.

I would think that with all the deck space, Louann shouldn't have to worry about accidentally hooking her foot again.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-10, 08:53 PM   #117
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
with the yammer you'll have a 6150rpm rev limiter. if your in the 5500-5900 rpm ball park at wot thats it... keep one eye on the water pressure gauge. anything below 18psi at wot is BAD...

zooker
Ok, I was hoping for some help on this one...on the test run, at WOT, the seller got the RPM's up to 6200. So either the rev limiter isn't working like it should, or the gauge is off. I wasn't sure that 6200 was such a good idea anyway, since I'd heard on BBC that about 6000 should be max. Hmm....conundrum...

Thanks for all the congratulations, everybody. With a little help, this boat should be looking good before too long. Just need some new seats, an electrical bug figured out, and some time behind the wheel (that's the fun part ).

Oh yeah...the guy didn't have the key to all the storage compartments. Anybody got an idea where I could get one, or where to get new tumblers and how to get them replaced. Thanks.
Old 05-16-10, 11:01 PM   #118
bamabassman

you can get all new stuff at your local boat dealer or parts store daniel. i gots to replace some on my rig as well, just haven't taken the time to go and do it.
Old 05-17-10, 06:19 AM   #119
woody

I've got a question for ya, which prop were you turning, the 19p or 25p?

With those high RPM's, I would guess to say it's the 19p. You might try using the 25p. You shouldn't have to worry about over revving with the 25p.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-10, 07:55 AM   #120
tarpon120
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Nice boat, I'm sure you will enjoy it. Now I know who to contact next time I come to Flowood on business. Once again, congratulations.
tarpon120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-10, 08:40 AM   #121
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
I've got a question for ya, which prop were you turning, the 19p or 25p?

With those high RPM's, I would guess to say it's the 19p. You might try using the 25p. You shouldn't have to worry about over revving with the 25p.
-Mark
Yeah, that was with the 19. I'll swap for the 25 and see what happens, but I'm worried about getting up on plane with people in the boat with that one. Sounds like I have the two extremes here...great holeshot but over-revs, or no holeshot and great top end if I can get it on plane...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarpon120 View Post
Nice boat, I'm sure you will enjoy it. Now I know who to contact next time I come to Flowood on business. Once again, congratulations.
You betcha. Let me know as far as you can in advance and we'll try to work something out.
Old 05-17-10, 09:30 AM   #122
nofearengineer

Daniel, you mentioned Louann wanting (demanding? ) a ski pole. That 19 should be a great ski prop. You'll need the extra oomph to get er out of the hole with a skier for an anchor, and unless they're suicidal, they won't want to ski over 45 mph anyway.
Old 05-17-10, 10:00 AM   #123
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Daniel, you mentioned Louann wanting (demanding? ) a ski pole. That 19 should be a great ski prop. You'll need the extra oomph to get er out of the hole with a skier for an anchor, and unless they're suicidal, they won't want to ski over 45 mph anyway.
You hit the nail on the head, Bryce. I had a similar thought process, but I'm just trying to see what's best for the boat when we're not skiing/tubing/playing (and I think all will agree with me when I say that fishing is not "playing").
If the boat hits 70, great...if it hits 60, I'm just as happy.
Old 05-17-10, 01:05 PM   #124
rodnreel
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Hey MississippiBoy, I visit the Champion boards over on BBC a lot and they have a pretty cool setup chart available there. It is specific to Champion boats, but I'm sure you could use the Yamaha setup section to get a feel for what you should be using. Your rig is probably pretty close in size/weight/storage to the 202. It's listed as using either a 23p or 25p prop.

http://www.bassboatcentral.com/championsetup.htm
Old 05-17-10, 01:33 PM   #125
walkeraviator

I dont understand Ski Poles. I have skied my whole life behind a boat with a harness that clips on each side of the outboard at the trailer anchor points.

Congrats on the boat. I am in your shoes now, i have the boat bug super bad. This monkey would really be kickin my butt if i had any money to actually buy one...
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.