Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-12, 03:55 PM   #1
tmcwhitt
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Attention Todd - Lowrance HDS 7 Problem

Went fishing the other day and hit a large wave and lost my HDS7 unit completely GPS and Depthfinder. Figured I jarred a connection loose on the power supply to the unit. Ran around most of the day without anything then all of a sudden it started working and was fine for the next 3 hours of my trip both the GPS and Depth.

It amazes me how a boat can sit still between trips and have a problem arise that wasnt there the last time it was loaded on the trailer.

On my next outing turned on my unit and seemed to work but could not get an accurate depth reading turned it off and back on and it locked on the bottom and was fine for a few minutes, then it started reading 2.4 feet which I new was incorrect because of where I was at. Tried cycling on and off and still could not get it to work just had a very colorfull screen with no depth readings. Then I turned on my GPS map with the overlay data and all I got was a dashed line in the area that was suppose to have the depth. I tried it several times throughout the day and still couldn't get it to work. I have it networked to my HDS 5 on the front of the boat and was able to let my partner in the rear of the boat see the depth reading from my transducer on the trolling motor but I had nothing but the GPS map contour details to run by on the HDS7 I had no depth finder.

Any suggestions on what I need to try at this point. Could my glued in the hull transducer be out. I do have the LSS-1 transducer but I cant run with it so I didn't try to see if it would read while I was sitting still.

Thanks,
Tom Whittington
tmcwhitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.