Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-18-08, 03:34 PM   #1
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default 2 man Pond boat

Does anyone have a 2 man pond boat for sale? I live in Alabama and will travel around 100 miles to pick it up if it is a good price. Something that one person can take in and out of a pickup truck. I am looking for something like this:
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-08, 11:45 AM   #2
Lilmoosecountry

Check out craigs list in your state. I see them here all the time purty cheap.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-08, 01:02 PM   #3
THE DL
BassFishin.Com Member

The one my buddy has (very similar) is pretty heavy for one person. Ask the seller before buying if he would use it by himself.
Old 06-19-08, 01:30 PM   #4
Fishnngolfn

Yeah. I figured the 2 man boats are going to be somewhere around 150 - 190 lbs (depending on brand and accessories).

I have done a good bit of research on these boats. I know I can get a new one from Bass Pro Shops or other sporting goods stores for around $500 but those are just the basic boats. I am just hoping that someone will have one that they don't use or want anymore that has a few more accessories than just the boat with seats.

I plan on getting a small utility trailer that can carry the boat (around $300). I can get a 40lb thrust trolling motor for "free" using Discover reward points. I can wait on the depth/fish finder. I hope to find a used boat with a dry storage box, battery box, live well, rod holders, and padded seats for around $400 to $500.
Old 06-19-08, 02:21 PM   #5
Bender

I have been looking all over this area for a Bass Baby ( http://basshunter.com/boats2.html ) but without any luck. It has wheel molded right into the back so it is easy to drag around. I gave up on that and am now thinking about a kayak.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-08, 02:32 PM   #6
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I have been looking all over this area for a Bass Baby ( http://basshunter.com/boats2.html ) but without any luck. It has wheel molded right into the back so it is easy to drag around. I gave up on that and am now thinking about a kayak.

I saw that one as well and have never seen one in any store. I would love to get one like that new, but I don't want to pay $150 for shipping from one of the websites.
Old 06-19-08, 10:18 PM   #7
scbassman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to scbassman

hey fishn my father in law had a boat like that and after a while that plastic can get weak and develop a leak and hold water and they may be plastic but they arent light. the best route in my opinion would be a 10 or 12 foot aluminum flat bottome jon boat. it can fit in the back of a truck and be handled by one person pretty easily
scbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-08, 10:28 PM   #8
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i agree with scbassman on this. you can find an old alum boat real cheap. and yes they fit in tha pickup. and they are very light. with a troller...you got it man.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.