Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-12-10, 09:53 PM   #1
bassfisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default My new 02 Tracker Avalanche

Well 6 months later, I've finally downloaded a few shots of my new fishing partner. It a 2002 Tracker Avalanche, she's 18' long and a beam of 96", and she wears a 2003 150 Merc, that will push her to 64mph (GPS) with a full tank of 41gal. Well here she is for your viewing pleasure:

A shot of her in the driveway, ready to start her fishing debut on a cool day in March of 2010.

Well here she is on the water for our first fishing date:

A view of the rear deck and the power she holds in her hands. (notice the nice touch of the loading ladder) She also sports a very large battery box. (she'll hold 4 batteries if she needs to guys and gals) Plus she has two 500gph livewell pumps with a 1100gph bilge pump. (YA talken about pumping some water here now) She also is showing 4 other compartments, two livewell in the center compartments, with the outer two being storage. (In the storage she also wears two 500gph recirculation pumps) You also see the captains area, W/a small console and darken windowshield, also the passenger side. Notice they too have the console with a large glovebox, and the smaller little cover beneath that for a radio. What you don't see is another large glovebox below the console tucked away and out of sight. (Shhhh, mumms the word) She also sports two handles for hanging on. (better known as the OSH) Which really shouldn't be needed, because she rides as smooths as she looks folks.

Her front deck is showing 3 more compartments, two rod lockers on both side of her, which will hold 4/5, 7' rods mounted in holders, with the center one being more storage. (What you don't see right below the center storage is her small built in cooler, which will hold a enough refreshments for a fishing outing for you and a friend) Her trolling motor is a motorguide, W/67lb. of thrust 24V system.

Well folks that's all for now. I sure hope you've enjoyed seeing her as much as I had telling you about her.
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-10, 10:09 PM   #2
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I want one , she got any sisters ?
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-10, 10:19 PM   #3
bassfisher

Sure does, she has a twin sister, plus 5 more younger ones. Which all sport a 115 to a 175 motor on them. With colors of Red, Blue and Tan I beleave. Now the 05 to 07 models only have a single console.
Old 05-12-10, 10:32 PM   #4
bassinbob

Ah the pride of new ownership. What do ou call her? Very nice gal ya got there.
Old 05-12-10, 11:05 PM   #5
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I like it man. Great pics and a sweet gal fo sho.
Old 05-13-10, 11:02 AM   #6
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I've always been super impressed with the Avalanche. A good friend of mine has an 04 model, and it just flat out handles. Kinda wished they still offered these brand new.
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-10, 11:06 AM   #7
nofearengineer

Harold...awesome to see you got her wet!!

The Avalanches look almost as good in white as they do in silver!

I do sort of envy you the dual console, though not always. I'm sure your passenger will like it. My passengers get a free "windblown" hairstyle as part of their fare.

Man...I need to get some info from you on that ladder. I'd love to have one like that for mine. It looks great.

Congratulations, bud!!
Old 05-13-10, 11:24 AM   #8
MississippiBoy

That's a good lookin' ride, man. I like it. I hope you have many (safe) years of enjoyment out of her.
I kept thinking while I was reading the original post, "Is he just really excited about the new boat, or is he trying to sell it to me?" LOL
Old 05-13-10, 12:14 PM   #9
bassfisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamG View Post
I've always been super impressed with the Avalanche. A good friend of mine has an 04 model, and it just flat out handles. Kinda wished they still offered these brand new.
Yes they are very stable, I love it man!! I too wish they still made them.
Old 05-13-10, 12:21 PM   #10
bassfisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Harold...awesome to see you got her wet!!

The Avalanches look almost as good in white as they do in silver!

I do sort of envy you the dual console, though not always. I'm sure your passenger will like it. My passengers get a free "windblown" hairstyle as part of their fare.

Man...I need to get some info from you on that ladder. I'd love to have one like that for mine. It looks great.

Congratulations, bud!!
Well that was just a bonus Bryce, the ladder. I haven't notice any markings on it, but I'll look for ya man. Once again, THANKS for introducing me to the Avalanche model. We have a very solid boat in them!

Also, does your livewells look like mine? You were saying you had one LARGE one with a divider?
Old 05-13-10, 12:29 PM   #11
bassfisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
That's a good lookin' ride, man. I like it. I hope you have many (safe) years of enjoyment out of her.
I kept thinking while I was reading the original post, "Is he just really excited about the new boat, or is he trying to sell it to me?" LOL
I'm very excited about my new ride for sure. (It shows that much, huh? Plus I wanted it to be a fun read) haha

Well so far she netted me my largest bass to date, a 22 1/4 " and a little over 7lbs. from Cedar Creek Lake in Stanford Ky. Plus the misses and I brought home 27 crappies the other day, the largest at 14". (her's of course, she normally out fishes me, but that's alright, she has fun, and that all that matters to me)
Old 05-13-10, 12:30 PM   #12
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfisher View Post
Also, does your livewells look like mine? You were saying you had one LARGE one with a divider?
I have two livewell doors just like yours, but a single livewell, with a very sturdy, perforated black ABS divider, which I think is 35 gallons. So, in effect, while I have two fill pumps, and two timed fill pumps (total of 4), any one of them can fill my livewell. The livewell works very well too...I haven't had anything die in it yet.
Old 05-13-10, 02:23 PM   #13
bassfisher

Thanks nofear. Also do they drain from the sides, and not the bottom? Mine drain from the sides, which leave water in them all the time. (Which I HATE!!) I have to always flush them out, and wipe them dry with a large beach towel.
Old 05-13-10, 06:25 PM   #14
bamabassman

here's an idea. take your rig to a welding shop. see if they would drill a hole in the bottom, weld a regular plug fitting in and then you can drain it from the bottom? just a thought.
Old 05-14-10, 09:20 AM   #15
bassfisher

I wish I could do that Bama, but the are ABS plastic. Now I have thought about plugging the holes with (something) and redrilling the drains, but I having really thought about it that much. It's on my winter to do list. haha
Old 05-15-10, 10:39 AM   #16
bassfisher

I forgot the most important equipment missing from the photos is the most important thing...my automatic step-and-fetch, live bait handling-net retreiving-remote engine starting-tree/rock/log push offing- photo taking-anchor handling-boat unload/reloading and snack/water serving personal assistant...the WIFE-O-MATIC ROBOT! Not standard equipment - and VERY, VERY EXPENSIVE! (My wife said I had to post this or else)
Old 11-18-11, 01:08 PM   #17
carroll
BassFishin.Com Member

Default avalanche

Hey bassfisher, love your boat, do you still like it? I am buying a 03 w/135 opti in april, this one is the same as yours except the interior color , mine is toupe, where did you get the ladder from? thanks carroll out.
carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-11, 06:28 PM   #18
nobass

great pics nice ride hope you have a many good hours in her
Old 12-13-11, 02:57 PM   #19
bassfisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by carroll View Post
Hey bassfisher, love your boat, do you still like it? I am buying a 03 w/135 opti in april, this one is the same as yours except the interior color , mine is toupe, where did you get the ladder from? thanks carroll out.
Not on here as much as I like, but yes, still in love with the Avalanche for sure. The only thing I don't like is the crappy fuel milage she gets. That 03 150 Merc loves the gas.
Also the ladder was on it when I bought it used, so no information for you man, sorry. I hope you like your newly/used boat was much as no-fear and myself do!?!
Old 12-13-11, 08:41 PM   #20
bamabassman

hahaha, gotta tell ya bassfisher...most all rigs LOVE gas. that's why i don't buy much,lol, 2 20 plus gallon tanks can drain oyur bait monkey money real quick. so my lovely wife limits me on my gas money, but not the batteries for the troller.

for real though...seeing as i don't tourny fish. i have found that if i have just enough gas to go just so far and get back i tend to FISH more.not saying that oyu or anyone else rips up and down the water. but i see a LOT of rigs 3,4,5 times fly by me within a 4 hr time spell.

so i guess i am saying slow down, troll more folks. you're fishing will improve. that is the service announcement for today. lol.
Old 12-13-11, 08:50 PM   #21
bassboogieman

Quote:
so i guess i am saying slow down
Are you CraaaaaaaZEE? Man, nothin' is more fun than jumpin' on plane, putting the hammer down and blowing down the lake @ WOT in the morning. Or afternoon. Or evening. Slow down? Buy a kayak! .
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-11, 09:00 PM   #22
bamabassman

lol, ok bruce....you burn up the gas......i'll fish buddy.
Old 12-13-11, 10:09 PM   #23
joedog

That's beautiful! Thats all I can say, beautiful!
Old 12-14-11, 04:49 PM   #24
carroll
BassFishin.Com Member

Bassfisher,what is the longest rod you can fit in the rod locker? also just wondering why you don't see very many avalanches for sale,are they a quality boat or did they just not make very many, Can't find to much online about them? thanks carroll out.
Old 12-14-11, 04:53 PM   #25
carroll
BassFishin.Com Member

also bassfisher, what would be a good price for a 03 DC 135 merc opti. so i can see if i'm getting a decent deal or not. thanks carroll out.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.